ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2002 RY/Rex Fearures
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Congrats Red Sox, GO HOME YANKEES! Return to archive
October 20th, 2004 11:48 PM
Poplar
I may be 3 outs early, but it looks safe. I'm happy for them, and I'm happy to see the Yankees lose!

Cheers for Boston, a great Stones town.

October 21st, 2004 12:03 AM
Poplar
There we go. woohoo!

October 21st, 2004 12:19 AM
Mr. D You beat me to it Poplar! Great to see the Sox win, even better to see the Yankees finally crumble in historic fashion. I was praying for them to lose after last night watching A-Rod blatantly cheat. Kudos to the Sox, I hope they win the Series.
October 21st, 2004 12:20 AM
Mr. D Haha, the Sox fans left in Yankee Stadium are chanting "Who's Your Daddy!"...priceless.
October 21st, 2004 12:37 AM
Nellcote Who's Your PAPI!!!
Oh man, this is so sweet....
October 21st, 2004 12:41 AM
kath thankfully, i have spoken to hess on the phone tonight. he had NOT hung himself in fron of his televion as i had feared. that was a big relief.

he seems fine now, but tomorrow the reality may hit him......
October 21st, 2004 01:08 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox fuck major league baseball. john henry whines about how there is a competitive disadvantage, where was he in '02?? its a fucking joke. i hate boston and i hope they go down in flames in the series so that the curse lives on. at least steinbrenner is honest about how much of an asshole he is. the red sox and their fans try to play it off like they are the small market underdog...fuck off, ive had to watch fucking pirates baseball the last 12 years.
October 21st, 2004 08:00 AM
LadyJane I must say I'm very happy for the Boston Fans. As a native Buffalonian, I've felt the agony of defeat too often and have always felt our teams were cursed.

Congrats...

To those Yankee fans...I know you feel bad, but you HAVE known the sweet victory of success. Plus, Boston was the better team, IMHO.

LJ.

October 21st, 2004 08:22 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Who's Your PAPI!!!
Oh man, this is so sweet....

absolutely.
October 21st, 2004 03:35 PM
glencar Well, unlike certain people, I'm here the day after the defeat. yes, it sucks as much as the Blosox generally do but life goes on. Wait'll next year, bee-yatches!
October 21st, 2004 03:38 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, unlike certain people, I'm here the day after the defeat. yes, it sucks as much as the Blosox generally do but life goes on. Wait'll next year, bee-yatches!

Biggest " Choke " in Major League HISTORY !!!!!!!!

... First the Boston Red Sox

... Next the Boston John Kerry !

" Oh , It's Coming Ronnie ! .....It's Coming ! "

Sassy Tree !
October 21st, 2004 03:47 PM
glencar No doubt it's the biggest choke in ML history. But it comes after 100 years of winning most years. The Yankees are America's Team.
October 21st, 2004 03:51 PM
Nellcote Glencar, Yanks need TEAM, not mercenaries.
Sheffied, BabyRod, KBrown, Vasquez are not
Yankees, they do not know the drill.
Just ask Jeter as he walked out of the park last night, he said as much..
Sox have taken a page from the Patriots playbook
That's the reason Nomar's butt was traded out of town
he's not a team player, all for himself.
Joey, how did Nomar work out for the Cubs?
Don't worry, you will not see him again..

Sorry, but you will have to get used to the slogan,
"Wait till next year"...
October 21st, 2004 03:55 PM
glencar LOL You'll have to teach me how to get used to it!

I agree that those you named aren't team players. Why they let Pettite slip away is a mystery. A-Rod's behavior was especially unimpressive. I'm surprised he isn't on the Sox.
October 21st, 2004 03:59 PM
Nellcote A-Rod did not want to agree to take a cut in pay, the union
got in the way of that. At the end, A-Rod did not care what team he went to, however, he did not want to upset the apple cart in the union.
It can be said that BabyRod's history is that teams
he plays on are not, shall we say, in sync.
This has happened to the Yanks.
As well the Yanks did not learn from the Sox, as they traded away their entire farm system for marginal players.

Upward & Onward, bring Roger back to Fenway in the World Series, so we can have our way with him...
October 21st, 2004 04:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
No doubt it's the biggest choke in ML history. But it comes after 100 years of winning most years. The Yankees are America's Team.

Yeah. If I were the Yankees and their fans I wouldn't feel too bad. It'll take the Red Sox at least 100 more years to win the number of pennants and world series that the Yankees have. Besides the curse will kick back in during the world series.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
October 21st, 2004 04:55 PM
chris girard I think this is the end of the curse, the Sox humilated the all mighty Yankees once and for all. It makes no difference who wins the World Series, the Sox and Boston beat the Yankees and NYC, that's all that counts. I am a life long Sox fan and I had the game on last nite but didn't watch it, every time I watch the Sox and Yankees, the Yankees won, so last nite I was upstairs and every time the Sox scored I would run down stairs, it worked the Yankees lost. Sox fans are a bit nuts.
October 21st, 2004 06:20 PM
PolkSalad wrong Sox but I'll take anybody but the Yankees.

don't worry TTM, it's what have you done for me lately that counts.
October 21st, 2004 06:57 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
PolkSalad wrote:
wrong Sox but .....

Definitely. However, our White Sox aren't going anywhere soon. It ticks me off because they are in such a weak division (just look at how they did in the 2000 playoffs: swept 3 in-a-row by the Mariners) The pitching seems to be promising, and when the all-star break hits, they stop producing. Same can be said for the line-up. Also, getting back Roberto Alomar and Carl Everett was a waste of time and trades. They will be gone and they did nothin' in the second half!

The White Sox know how to fuck up! However, I'll keep rooting for them.
October 22nd, 2004 02:18 AM
Egbert Go Cards!
October 22nd, 2004 04:20 AM
Moonisup yeah, I've watched that game in the BB king cafe on times square, great game!
October 22nd, 2004 02:30 PM
kath wow, that'd be a great place to see it!!!! course it would have been better if the yanks had won and you were at time's square watching it...but still......
October 22nd, 2004 06:31 PM
Moonisup
quote:
kath wrote:
wow, that'd be a great place to see it!!!! course it would have been better if the yanks had won and you were at time's square watching it...but still......

haha yeah I know!!
but it was still worth watching it!
chuck was there too by the way, he took a nap

[Edited by Moonisup]