ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Another great cover by Fernando, Congratulations!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Marlins win !!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-27-03 09:26 AM
jb
10-27-03 09:28 AM
Sir Stonesalot No one cares.
10-27-03 09:31 AM
Nellcote Except Red Sox Fans~!
10-27-03 09:42 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah like I said, no one cares.

BTW, pkg rcvd Nelly.

Heavy on the bourbon. Good man.
10-27-03 09:57 AM
jb Oh, but if it was the Phillies , of course everyone would care...Look, Penn State, the Phillies, and the Eagles are all a major disappointment....the Sixers are also underachievers....Don't rain on my parade b/c of your miserable teams.
10-27-03 10:05 AM
Fiji Joe I care...and agree...Penn State has been the most overrated college team for about a decade and considering they never seem to be ranked, that's saying something...congrats JB...I was rooting for the Fish
10-27-03 10:06 AM
Sir Stonesalot Dude, the teams I support are ALWAYS a disappointment. I learned to accept that years and years ago. It comes with the territory of rooting for Philly teams.

I'm not raining on your parade because my teams suck...I'm not even trying to rain on your parade. I'm just telling you the truth.

No one gives a shit about the Marlins. No one gives a shit about the Phillies. Welcome to the big leagues.

It's just a stupid game dude.
10-27-03 10:12 AM
Sir Stonesalot What does Penn State have to do with the fuckin' Marlins???

That just makes no sense.

Ohhhhhh, I see....you guys are pulling a Bush Jr.

Distract from the topic at hand by attacking something that has nothing to do with the current topic.
10-27-03 10:14 AM
jb I am really upset about SDH leaving..has anyone found out the story behind this? Plese SDH, if I can post here, despite the unrelentless personal attacks, you can as well.
By the way, I read Al Franken's book "Lies" this weekend and it was the most enjoyable book I have read in many years,..
10-27-03 10:18 AM
Factory Girl jb, I'm happy for your Marlins!

Why did sdh leave??? Will someone please tell me!!
And, where did he go- to Shidoobee???
10-27-03 10:22 AM
jb Thank you FG...all I know is that it had something to do with a post ...but I do not really know...Marko might know...he and SDH are the most knowlegeable fans regarding boot legs on all of the various stones sites. Indeed, I would venture to say, that SDH has educated a lot of us regarding the Stones....he is a very smart guy.
10-27-03 10:22 AM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
10-27-03 10:24 AM
Fiji Joe My post was right on topic...JB's topic...sort of like crossing the road here SS...look...read...and if you need to...read it again...and I think JB was dead on...if it were one of your teams we would be hearing about it...Don't be a playa hata
10-27-03 10:24 AM
Sir Stonesalot >Indeed, I would venture to say, that SDH has educated a lot of us regarding the Stones....he is a very smart guy.<

Jeezus jb...it's not even 10am and you are already hitting the crack pipe?
10-27-03 10:25 AM
Factory Girl You're welcome jb! Someone knows and they should spill the beans!!
10-27-03 10:33 AM
Sir Stonesalot Bullshit Feej.

I don't start sports related threads here. I may jump in on one if it's already started, but I wouldn't waste my time starting one.

And for one very good reason.

If the Phillies won, no one would care.

This is a global board. Trust me, no one cares.
10-27-03 10:49 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
....he is a very smart guy.

LOL!!!!!
10-27-03 11:01 AM
Fiji Joe Much like I gave half a damn about your running bet with the Phillies and your incessant ra ra ing about Joe Pa and the Lions...One wonders why I had to read about that on a "global board"...start or not...you talk about it...don't be a playa hata and give JB his very brief and disinteresting day in the sun...and as I typically do with things I don't care about, ignore it man...But, I do care about baseball and I'm talking about...see me...feel me...but don't hate me
10-27-03 11:13 AM
Sir Stonesalot Whatever man.

Start or not...there IS a big difference.

Like I said I'll jump in on a discussion if it is already there...and I'll respond when someone like Joey or Pammy needles me....as would just about anyone.

Incessant my ass. That's pretty funny coming from a guy who is hardly ever here.
10-27-03 11:20 AM
Fiji Joe Incessant enough I can remember it...I'm gonna drop this topic because, as I said, I will ignore things I do not care about...and I really have no interest in being brow-beaten by a playa hatin', McNabb lovin', John Kruk testicle collecting, Iverson defending, when the hell is hockey season gonna get her amish kid
10-27-03 11:58 AM
Nellcote No team in baseball matched better with the Marlins than the Red Sox. The Sox had the best hitting team since the '27 Yanks, a present owner whom once owned the Marlins, had beat the Marlins in one weekend series in July by 45 runs. However, a combination of selfishness by Pedro and Gomer Pyle type decision making by the former manager of the Sox, Grady of Mayberry, let fate occur. Josh Beckett was the difference in this series. The Yanks were probably the worst matchup, sorry Roostah....Fish were betta!
10-27-03 12:00 PM
jb Thanks Fiji....I know your no big fan of mine, but I appreciate you sticking up for my excitement over the Marlins...As you can imagine, I was very hurt by SS's response that "No one cares"....Ever since the smiley "affair" SS and Gypsy have really been hard on me....but with support from the group, I have carried on...I hope SDH will do the same.
[Edited by jb]
10-27-03 12:03 PM
Fiji Joe Ya'll still blaming that loss on Grady?...The Sox had one of the worst bullpens in baseball...I'd have stayed away from them too...Besides, it's not like Posada hit a screaming line drive...it was a bloop hit...that's the breaks...good luck next year
10-27-03 12:04 PM
Fiji Joe JB...what the hell was the smiley affair and why is SDH gone?
10-27-03 12:07 PM
Nellcote Fiji; Mike Timlin's ERA during the playoffs in 9 1/2 scorless innings was perfect, against Pedro's era when his pitch count was over 100 pitches was 4.56. Pedro should have comout after the first hit, with a combination of Embree and Timlin, using Williamson to close. That troika was unbeatable in the playoffs, it is fact. Grady went against his own pattern, got lost. Pedro & Grady lost the game.

JB, I hope Mckeon gets a long term deal to match that Mercedes Loria gave him....
10-27-03 12:12 PM
Fiji Joe Nellcote...I know they had good numbers in the post-season...but it was still Mike Timlin...Mike Timlin for Christ's sake!
10-27-03 12:14 PM
Nellcote Mike Timlin, who has two World Series rings to his name...
Oh the pain!
10-27-03 12:25 PM
jb Joey and I started posting smileys like this and "jew Lists" ....SS and Gypsy, joined by a few others, felt we "hijacked" peoples threads with our off-topic remarks and really tore into us.....it was very hurtful and resulted in Joey posting less often ane me trying to post in a serious manner....the board has suffered as a result thereof..
As for SDH, apparently he was upset about the post entiteld "Lucy, Ethel and Otis"....
10-27-03 12:34 PM
Fiji Joe Hijacking threads?...Do they teach that in far away third-world countries?
10-27-03 01:24 PM
tumbling_dice Congratulations to the Marlins and JB!
Page: 1 2