ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Another great cover by Fernando, Congratulations!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wayne Coyne: Rolling Stones love it! Return to archive
10-24-03 11:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl WAYNE COYNE: ROLLING STONES LOVE IT

American rocker WAYNE COYNE was thrilled when he met THE ROLLING STONES, because they were everything he hoped rock legends would be.

THE FLAMING LIPS frontman met the rock legends backstage at the SARS benefit show in Toronto, Canada this summer (JUL03).

Wayne says, "We got to hang with the Stones for 10 minutes during a photo shoot. We got to meet them, shake hands and see how weird KEITH RICHARDS looks.

"And you know what? There's an aura around them that gives you the impression that even they are having a great time being Rolling Stones.

"Sometimes I've met pop stars who think it's a drag. But they're like, 'Isn't this great? We're the Stones and this whole thing is so much fun'.

"Not, 'Hey, I'm a big star, f*** you.' That's exactly how I hoped it would be. They're having fun."
24/10/2003 19:18
10-25-03 02:48 AM
Nasty Habits

WAYNE COYNE

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
10-25-03 08:35 AM
Monkey Woman Spot on, Wayne!
10-25-03 11:34 AM
Phog Wayne is a pretty cool guy. I drank a couple of beers with him in the late-'80's and he was very nice and funny. I remember him making fun of Bon Jovi. Good guy.