ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Another great cover by Fernando, Congratulations!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Taylor in two tracks of upcoming Nikki Sudden album Return to archive
10-23-03 09:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Back in August 2002, our friend Nikki Sudden recorded two tracks with Mick Taylor, now these tracks will see the light of day in Nikki's upcoming album "Treasure Island"

For me this is great news, I have corresponded and traded with Nikki, I consider Nikki a cool cyberbuddy, that's why I'm feel really proud of this

Congratulations Nikki

This is Nico Zentgraf comment as posted in the SW5 list

"One of the tracks, House Of Cards, has a killer solo by Mick (I had the chance to listen to an unmixed version). Can't wait to get my hands on the finished version. The other song Kitchen Blues has Mick on slide."

This is the information abut the session from Nico's website

020816A 16th August: NIKKI SUDDEN. WSRS Studios, Leamington Spa, England. Producers: Nikki Sudden & John Rivers. Sound engineer: John Rivers. MT records guitar overdubs on the following songs:

- House Of Cards (Nikki Sudden) -Justin Farrow on guitars, Terry Miles on organ
- Kitchen Blues (Nikki Sudden)

Line-up: MT (gtr)/Nikki Sudden (voc, gtr)/John Barry (bass)/Stephane Doucerain (dr, perc)

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
10-23-03 10:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl For those who has never heard his music (we posted a link to a webcast some years ago) probably you have seen his comments in Marc Bolan & T. Rex's "Electric Warrior Sessions" and "T. Rex Classics"

He has at least 23 albums since 1982, this will be his 24th
10-23-03 10:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Mac is also a guest in this album

"I've been listening quite a bit to the CD of rough mixes from Nikki Sudden's upcoming album (Treasure Island is, as we say in Hollywood, the working title), sent to me last week by Nikki himself. Gauging by the half-dozen tracks I've heard, this disk stands the likelihood of being the best thing he's done in his entire career. That's not bullshit and, if you're familiar with his career, it's a real achievement." (http://www.the-faces.com)
10-23-03 11:30 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy When's it coming out?

-tSYX --- Ohhhhh yeah...
10-23-03 11:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl January
10-24-03 12:46 AM
catwoman Love Nikki! Saw him perform in Tel Aviv last year and hung by the railing - front row - with him during Ronnie's solo performances in Dec. 2001 in London. He also played with Mac (Ian Maclagen)if I'm not mistaken or was it the opposite - Mac played on a couple of his tracks - love these bits of claims to fame. I don't think I've met anyone on this board though....:-(