ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Another great cover by Fernando, Congratulations!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone remember The Tragically Hip? Return to archive
10-23-03 12:38 PM
Fiji Joe I thought with their debut album (1989) these guys were gonna be making good music for a long time...I bought their next two and although good, they weren't nearly as solid as the first...does anyone know if they have released any good music lately?...
10-23-03 12:57 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I thought with their debut album (1989) these guys were gonna be making good music for a long time...I bought their next two and although good, they weren't nearly as solid as the first...does anyone know if they have released any good music lately?...

Hmmm..all I know is that they opened for Page/Plant in San Jose back in May of 1995. Personally, I thought their performance stank, as did most of the crowd. The singer was out there posing like a Zoo TV-era Bono, and they just didn't have "it". They even apologized to the audience for wasting their time, and said "and now here's the band you came here for"....

Sorry I couldn't answer the question more directly...it just reminded me of that show. (BTW, Page/Plant was GREAT!)
10-23-03 02:13 PM
Fiji Joe Well as I said, they were on the fast track downward after their debut album...give it a listen...it's called "Up to Here"
10-23-03 02:16 PM
Joey
Here is the state of their career :

Thank You

This Moody Bastard !
[Edited by Joey]