ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Another great cover by Fernando, Congratulations!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A great new music scene? Return to archive
10-23-03 09:30 AM
Scot Rocks I've been away for a while and I don't know if this has been discussed however just now there is a lot of excellent, exciting, new bands, playing great music. The Libertines being one and my favourite, also you have Jet, Kings of Leon, The Strokes, BRMC to name a few. Some of these bands as well, are clearly influenced by the Stones, ie Jet.

Whilst these bands are more well known, there is also a lot of other bands as well still playing around the UK, who sound good as well. Last year I wasn' t too hopeful about the music scene, however now I think there is a lot of exciting bands out there.

Mark
10-23-03 06:27 PM
Some Guy What do you think of Elbow? I really like the new album. Or have you heard of them
10-24-03 10:48 AM
Factory Girl I just bought Liberines' Up the Bracket.
10-24-03 04:18 PM
stewed & Keefed http://www.eightiesmatchbox.com/site.php

Another great Brit band check them out

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
10-25-03 06:47 AM
Honky Tonk Man Although i don't really agree that it's a new music scene, i will agree that it's great and things are certainly changing. I mean, the Strokes "12.51" reached number 3 in the pop charts, The Libertines were on Top Of The Pops for christs sake! Could you of imagined that 2 or 3 years ago? After the Brit-Pop mid 90's thing, guitar music pretty much dissapeared from the singles chart and things got bad. Now things are changing.

Alex

[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]