ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Another great cover by Fernando, Congratulations!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Go Ronnie Go! Return to archive
10-23-03 08:17 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Look at that header! Ronnie B. Goode!

Here's hoping to an album with him actually playing and making an excellent guitar sound again!

This will be hailed as the great comeback, the Stones' own Love And Theft.... I can feel it in my bones...

-tSYX --- Ev'rybody... needs somebody...
10-23-03 10:45 AM
sirmoonie Ronnie doing a PT windmill?

Cool pic.

"Ronnie!"
10-23-03 12:03 PM
Pattie
I love that picture!
10-23-03 01:00 PM
catwoman I love that grimace - I call it the orgasm-face.
10-23-03 01:38 PM
Pattie
He's so incredible that man!
10-23-03 04:26 PM
moy
10-23-03 04:41 PM
jb Mick Taylor did not have to grimace to make the most beautiful, melodic sounds to ever come out of a guitar...Ronnie is not, I repeat, not, a gifted guitarist by any means. He was fortunate enough to be selected b/c he was a marginally competent player, was English, and has apparently a great personality.....Regrettably, he turned the once guitar driven sound of the Stones into a mix of simple to play riffs without any creativity or purpose...Mick Taylor should be revered here and not overlooked-he was the most gifted musician the band ever had and certainly contributed more than Ronnie to their enduring legacy....We all need to pay our respects to MT and stop trying to make excuses for Ronnie and Keith....neither one of them can touch MT's playing.
[Edited by jb]
10-23-03 05:50 PM
T&A Snivel away, Josh!!!!

Actually, I've always loved Ronnie's grimace - he has a great one. Some rockn'roll guitarists grimace all wrong - Springsteen comes to mind. Now, if Ronnie's playing could just match the grimace (which is supposedly in response to his playing in the first place!), we'd really have something....
10-23-03 09:36 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy jb, listen to the Faces and tell me Ronnie was selected on personality alone.

My patience's wearing thin. How 'bout putting some facts behind your posts, for once?

Mick Taylor was a fantastic guitarist. The Stones will never have another like him. But when it comes down to it, it's all a matter of preference - I like the '75 Stones, at the crossroads, seven years before most people think they dropped off the radar as a real rock group. The weave was strong and powerful, to the point where on the best nights there was no way to tell who was playing lead and rhythm.

It's all a matter of personal preference - but both men are fully qualified to play guitar in fully different ways. Many excellent people prefer Taylor over Wood, and make a lot of great arguments, but it all comes down to your personal style. For me, Taylor's incredible, but Ronnie brought an energy to that band that gave them the kick they needed, although they've been rolling down the hill he and Keith pushed them up for twenty years.

So bitch all you want. Taylor's great. But don't suggest Ronnie ain't qualified, because that just ain't true.

I don't know why I bother, you just want a reaction anyway. Mistake to get involved in the first place.

-tSYX --- Starfucker starfucker starfucker starfucker star, yes ya are! Yes ya are!
10-23-03 11:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yeah! Go Ronniw Go! and thanks again to Irina!!!

10-24-03 12:21 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
jb, listen to the Faces and tell me Ronnie was selected on personality alone.

Ooh! SNAP! (Sorry, that's my exclamation when somebody has a damned good point.)

You got me all psyched up, tSYX. I'm in the mood for the Faces now. Stay with Me and Ooh La La perfectly fit my mood right now.
10-24-03 09:31 AM
jb Look TSXY, this post was in no way an attempt to illicit a reaction....indeed, it was one of my more serious posts...you are very young and immature-that is understandable....but please don't suggest that Ron Wood is by any means in the same league as MT...As I recall, you also have an affinity for Macca....nuff said.
10-24-03 10:03 AM
Joey " Mick Taylor should be revered here and not overlooked-he was the most gifted musician the band ever had and certainly contributed more than Ronnie to their enduring legacy....We all need to pay our respects to MT and stop trying to make excuses for Ronnie and Keith....neither one of them can touch MT's "

Josh , when you write like this , I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently stroke your young , moist , sweaty , glistening little Joshy forehead and just say , .............well ................." Thanks ! " for being so damn smart .

You are much loved by the Joey .

" My Baby Steelie has left the building Ronnie "

The Jacky , Established 1999
10-24-03 10:16 AM
jb Lets Go Marlins!!!!
10-24-03 10:19 AM
Boomy For those Beatle fans!!!!:

10-24-03 10:20 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Josh, I suggest we do some sort of exchange. You send me some Bluesbreakers albums and I'll send you the Faces and you tell me that Ronnie's not qualified. I'm not saying that you have to believe Ronnie's your favorite, and there's nothing wrong with having Taylor filling that spot, but Ronnie was more than capable of filling the position Taylor vacated. Some Girls would never have happened without Ronnie - remember, the Stones were slipping with Taylor after Goat's Head Soup and It's Only Rock'n'Roll - two albums which were good, but certainly not Let It Bleed. IORR was stung by the arena-rock quality of some of the production, giving it an also-ran feel even though the songs were in reality rather good, and Goat's Head Soup was the wanna-be Jamaican Exile. Good albums, but nothing fantastic.

So what if I like Macca? We weren't discussing Macca, were we? If you want to, here is a place where you can discuss Macca.

http://www.macca-central.com/

-tSYX --- Silvio! Silver And Gold!
10-24-03 10:22 AM
jb Thanks TSXY....your a good kid...
10-24-03 10:27 AM
Boomy Yeah, and it seems as though the era with Wood is slipping as well (Well, years ago actually). There is always a high point, and then it all just slopes down the big ol' curve.