ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Another great cover by Fernando, Congratulations!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Love the '78 header! Return to archive
10-22-03 09:27 AM
nankerphelge What a face on Mick!!

Did they even tour in '81 and '82???
10-22-03 09:37 AM
steel driving hammer Um, yes they did Nanky, but not as sloppy as in 78 you bastard...

Single Ronnie.
10-22-03 09:50 AM
patioaintdry Is the photo actually Detroit? I always thought the Stones only played the 4,000 seat Masonic Temple on the '78 tour. Looks like an outdoor stadium. In Detroit at the time the only stadium venue available was the horrid, cavernous indoor Silverdome.
10-22-03 09:57 AM
Joey

I still love boots from the '81 tour .

Whenever I hear anything from that tour I get that " the party has just started feeling " . Indeed , I see Barkers and colored balloons falling down all around me ..............................and you ?

" Beast of Burden sounds even better acoustic Ronnie ..........Even better than Sweet Virginia in my opinion ! "

The Jacky !

10-22-03 09:59 AM
Fiji Joe Fiji wants his clothes back
10-22-03 10:01 AM
Joey

Fiji ................................

I miss the Beer Titties !

" Get Up , Get Out is Great Advice Ronnie .................Only sometimes I am too drunk to do that ! "

Skee !
10-22-03 10:25 AM
parmeda
quote:
patioaintdry wrote:
Is the photo actually Detroit? I always thought the Stones only played the 4,000 seat Masonic Temple on the '78 tour. Looks like an outdoor stadium. In Detroit at the time the only stadium venue available was the horrid, cavernous indoor Silverdome.

Good point patio, but I have no true answer for you. All I know is that I saw them 2 days later at Soldier Field. It was a god-awefully hot, humid day and I don't remember Mick sporting this particular outfit. He stripped down faster than a whore with a C-note in her teeth, lol.

Yeah Nanky...the 'look' is vintage, isn't it?
10-22-03 10:31 AM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Good point patio, but I have no true answer for you. All I know is that I saw them 2 days later at Soldier Field. It was a god-awefully hot, humid day and I don't remember Mick sporting this particular outfit. He stripped down faster than a whore with a C-note in her teeth, lol.

Yeah Nanky...the 'look' is vintage, isn't it?

Pam you and I were there in '78 in Chicago. Had I known you I would have said hello

Maybe the Detroit pic is the old Tigers baseball stadium but it doesn't look like it
10-22-03 10:31 AM
Joey " He stripped down faster than a whore with a C-note in her teeth, lol. "

Wait ..........................you talking about me ?!?!?!

Now Dance Joey :

" Hit Me Ronnie "

Skee !
10-22-03 10:33 AM
parmeda Tele...you and I have probably passed each other 100 times already and didn't even know it. Doesn't that piss ya off? When are we going for that drink, damn it?
[Edited by parmeda]
10-22-03 10:36 AM
nankerphelge Hey tele, when you going to Maxy's??

I am seriously thinking of heading up to the Casa for a few with youse guys!

10-22-03 10:51 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
patioaintdry wrote:
Is the photo actually Detroit? I always thought the Stones only played the 4,000 seat Masonic Temple on the '78 tour. Looks like an outdoor stadium. In Detroit at the time the only stadium venue available was the horrid, cavernous indoor Silverdome.

I got the information from Luc, but if the Masonic Temple is indoor this is a wrong information.

Checking my 78 base I think but not sure it is Oakland's Alameda Coliseum
10-22-03 10:58 AM
T&A yeah, definitely not Detroit - I was gonna suggest either Oakland or Anaheim from the surroundings...
10-22-03 11:01 AM
jb I was at that concert in Oakland and i definitely think this is from that show..it was a hot, sunny day and it was also MJ's birthday.
10-22-03 11:03 AM
Fiji Joe What's with the bands around Mick's ankles...was he on house arrest at the time?
10-22-03 11:03 AM
Joey

How many are going to Maxy's ?!?!?!

I will DEFINITELY be there .......................and you ?

Jacimbo !
10-22-03 01:08 PM
marko This bootleg recording is from DETROIT!
Cover pic,Oakland or La.
10-22-03 03:40 PM
L&A
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

I got the information from Luc, but if the Masonic Temple is indoor this is a wrong information.

Checking my 78 base I think but not sure it is Oakland's Alameda Coliseum

Can you trust the young Luc ? Lol
10-22-03 03:43 PM
L&A And btw, that one must be from Detroit, for sure...

10-22-03 03:50 PM
icydanger STAY AWAY

arrrrrrrested i dont miss the beer tities
wondering what meat he ate

10-22-03 04:11 PM
catwoman I have great 1978 moments. I knew some people in the record industry in NYC then and thought I'd find one of them going backstage at the NYC Palladium - who'd get me in, and so I waited by the backstage entrance. Well I didn't see anyone I knew and the concert was going to begin soon. I was crushed. There was this seedy old guy (stage hand)letting in girls who were going to give him and/or his crew blow jobs and then he accosted me to see if I wanted to. I said "Hell no" (After all, he didn't look at all like ronnie) and then he said I'll never get in and was downright nasty to me. I broke down in tears and the cops standing by saw and heard the whole thing and one guy - who could forget one of NY's finest - Marty Schwartz -(add this name to your list of names - Joey) said I could walk in with them as soon as the concert begins. And so I did and walked past that disgusting old stage-hand who was fuming watching me go past him (as I gave him my finest finger). I stood in the aisle with the cops and saw the whole show a few rows from the stage. Wild. Ah to be 22 years old again (and again)
10-22-03 05:11 PM
beardedhag I was just listening to Handsome Girls last night. Bitchin' guitar work. Probably my favorite non-Taylor boot.
10-23-03 02:33 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl 78 one of the best tours ever!

thanks Luc aka L&A, one question Luc, do you know the author of the photo, Lynn Goldsmith, Henry Dilts, Baron Wolman, etc they did that tour in different stops, maybe that can help

10-23-03 02:48 AM
L&A No, I'm sorry Voodoo, the picture is not credited... it's the cover from a boot called "Abandoned in Detroit" from Stereo Master LTD.
Track list:
Side One
- All down the line
- HTW
- Lies
- Miss you
Side Two
- Far Away Eyes
- Love in vain ()
- Tumbling dice
- Happy
10-23-03 10:36 AM
telecaster
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Hey tele, when you going to Maxy's??

I am seriously thinking of heading up to the Casa for a few with youse guys!

Soon nanky, we will have a get together and I will let you know well in advance

Pam I will EM you to get together for a beer soon
10-23-03 05:56 PM
Joey " Soon nanky, we will have a get together and I will let you know well in advance "

Ok ! That is great news .

Thanks Tele ................. I may just show up unannounced . Please make sure the " WELCOME " sign is turned on at the Maxy household .

" Irrelevance is a crime worse than Absurdity Ronnie "

Skee !