ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Another great cover by Fernando, Congratulations!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Libertines Return to archive
10-17-03 10:28 AM
Honky Tonk Man I am pretty sure i have started a thread about this band before, but what the heck.

Anyone here like them? I already had the UK version of their album, but decided to get the US version when i was in San Fran. At least 4 assistants in the Virgin Megastore made comments like "Wow, great album man" and it is!

Apart from the Stones of course, they are the best British band at the moment. It looked like they might be heading for the end, but singer/guitarist/songwrier Pete Doherty just got out of prison.

Saw them live without him and it was great, but its good he's back. What pissed me off is that their "back together" gig took place in one of my local pubs and i wasn't there!

Alex
10-22-03 12:35 PM
Vinyl kills What do these guys sound like??? Album recommendations????

Thanks!
10-22-03 12:40 PM
Factory Girl Vinyl, they only have 1 cd "Up the Bracket".

Hey Alex, I went and looked at Libertines cd again (local record store). I might get their cd same time I get the Strokes' cd next week.

10-22-03 02:32 PM
Honky Tonk Man Up The Bracket is better than Is This It. There i said it. I wouldn't say i really prefer them to the Strokes, but they are just so ragged and caotic sounding. I love Casablancas and co, but they sound a little TOO neat and tidy at times. Especially on "12.51" I know it should have nothing to do with it, but Julian Casablancas and Albert Hammond Jnr went to boarding in Switztland. Up untill recently, Carl Barat and Pete Doherty were sharing a house with no central heating.

Buy both st the same time. Go on, go for it, LOL

Alex
10-22-03 02:39 PM
Factory Girl Rough and ragged is good sometimes!

There is nothing wrong with going to school in Switzerland.

Whom is Jules boinking? He can't do any worse then D. Barrymore (sorry, Fabu).

10-23-03 09:20 AM
Scot Rocks The Libertines are brilliant, I think I remember you saying to me last year or something Alex about how they were excellent and I have to agree. Up the Bracket is a fantastic album, one of my favourites and I would say that just now they are my favourite band behind the Stones. It was so great to hear that Pete is back out and they have reunited. They have been playing all these gigs in London since Pete got out, hopefully they will play a few up north as well. With Pete reuinted with the band, the Libertines could be the next big thing.

"Oh I get along..."

Mark
10-23-03 09:49 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Hmm. I'll hafta check 'em out. But if they really are "The UKs answer to the Strokes", I might not enjoy 'em.

What is it about The Strokes that I don't get? I just don't like 'em. What they do, the Velvets and the Stooges and so on and so forth did better.

-tSYX --- It's just another day...
10-23-03 09:56 AM
Fiji Joe Libertines?...sounds like a low-fat snack cracker
10-23-03 09:58 AM
Joey

Libertines are Republicans who like Drugs .

JOESKEE !
10-23-03 10:16 AM
Fiji Joe TONY
So what'd you tell them?

MANNY

I told them what you told me to tell
them. I told them I was in sanitation
in Cuba.

TONY
I didn't tell you sanitation. I told
you to tell them you was in a sani-tarium,
not sanitation.
10-23-03 10:23 AM
Joey

Chico ..........................................

You got the YeYo ?!?!?!?!?!

Skee !
10-23-03 11:09 AM
hmps "At least 4 assistants in the Virgin Megastore made comments like "Wow, great album man" and it is!"

Never trust a commercial record store!! EVER

Up the bracket has 1 great tune - Time for heroes.
- " - has 1 tune with a great groove - Good old days

zzz...uper!
10-23-03 02:01 PM
Vinyl kills You can check samples of all those songs at:

http://cheap-cds.com/surf/disps/419047

Pretty cool. I'm not digging the vocals all that much.

At that same site search for the band VUE check out the samples of their "FIND YOUR HOME" CD. Mega Stonesey.
10-23-03 02:18 PM
Joey

[ Edited by This Moody Bastard ]

This Moody Bastard !
10-23-03 03:23 PM
Fiji Joe Blahh...they sound like a poor man's Tragically Hip
10-24-03 09:55 AM
Factory Girl I bought the Libertines cd. Sound like the young Who.

I will report more later.