ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Another great cover by Fernando, Congratulations!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What a piece of work this JB Character is Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10-16-03 09:58 PM
Tyler Durden Just wanted to say that I have been lurking on this board for quite sometime and wanted to say that this JB character, keeps me coming back (even though I love the Stones). His hateful ramblings, self serving/self loathing dribble, and mean spirited jabs are priceless. It is not everyday that you come across someone who is clearly having an emotional breakdown for all the world to see. Keep up the Good work and let the good times and hateful spew continue.

10-16-03 10:05 PM
BILL PERKS GREAT NAME TYLER-ONE OF THE BEST MOVIE CHARACTERS OF ALL TIME-THIS BOARD WOULD BE A HELLUVA LOT DULLER WITHOUT JB.I CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON HIM TO POINT OUT SLOW TICKET SALES,POOR CHART PEFORMANCE ETC.I'D LOVE TO HEAR WHAT HE DOES LIKE ABOUT THE STONES.
10-16-03 10:22 PM
Tyler Durden Obviously everyone has the right to their own opinion, this is America after all, but I agree with you that everyone of his comments, especially the ones about the Stones, are extremely negative; bordering on hate towards a group that has made many of our lives better just through their music, attitude, and legacy. Nobody is confusing the Stones of 03' with the stones of 69', 72, or even 81', but they are still with us and hope springs eternal that they will never leave. They are still arguable the biggest (most definitely kings of the touring market) and without a doubt the greatest rock and roll band of all time. I don't want to be in a world that doesn't include them or the prospect of them getting it together to tour one more time.
10-16-03 11:48 PM
gypsy Do not take jb seriously.
10-17-03 12:19 AM
parmeda Hi Tyler!
Welcome aboard...how long have you been lurking?

jb is the one of the most colorful individuals here, hands down, lol.
10-17-03 03:47 AM
Monkey Woman Welcome, TD. There are a lot of strange characters on the web, it would be so dull without them
10-17-03 07:39 AM
egon jb and I used to be great friends.
in fact, he used to refer to me as his "2nd best dutch friend".

but then something(?) happened, and now he pretends i'm not here anymore.

i could say i don't care, but that would be lying.

I always saw him a bit as the brother i never had.
(cos my brother's name is ronald)

i read the diary of anne frank(several times) and i visited the anne frank house, so that makes me a bit of a jew as well.

still, i hope one day things will be well again between us.

however this is no reason for you to dislike him (even more). (you might wanna stay on his good side, after all he IS a lawyer)

anyway, whatever is going on right now he will always have a special place.... somewhere.

10-17-03 10:34 AM
Factory Girl We're all characters mouthing our lines.

Did ya think this was for real??
10-17-03 10:40 AM
Joey " Just wanted to say that I have been lurking on this board for quite sometime and wanted to say that this JB character, keeps me coming back (even though I love the Stones). His hateful ramblings, self serving/self loathing dribble, and mean spirited jabs ................."

Josh is priceless ! Without my Jewish Brother , this board wouldn't be half as entertaining as it already is ..................plus, he LOVES the STONES !!!!! -- What more could you ask for , right ?!?!?!?!

What ?!?!?!?! Oh , sure ...........GO !!!! :

What ?!?!?! Not working ?!?!?!?! OK !!! THIS : or THIS :

Alright !!!!! Alright !!!!! Go and THEN

" Bite Me Ronnie "

The Jacky !
10-17-03 10:48 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox i fully support all jew lists and smileys
10-17-03 11:00 AM
Riffhard jb/Josh has been doing this schtick for quite awile now. He is the burr under the saddle of this board and at least two others. However,having known Josh as a cyber friend for about six or seven years now,I can say that he is a good egg. His rants and rambles are designed to get a response,positive or negative. I remember on the old Stones World website he would just drop in to rip the Beatles and everyone who liked them. This was during Josh Esq.'s hieght of Beatle hatered. I used to get all caught up in it. I'd get very pissed at him. Then it dawned on me that there was rich jewish lawyer somewhere in Boca Raton Florida laughing his ass off at the moniter as he read everyone's wrath directed his way.

While I have never met jb. I have talked to some who have. By all accounts Josh is apparently a very nice guy in the real world. Quite generous too from what I hear.

Just don't mention the Beatles around him. Or it's no soup for you!

Having lived in Boca for awhile myself. I consider Josh the jewish friend that I didn't know I had at the time.

So I say rage on jb! Afterall you are much loved by Joey and tolorated by everyone else!

Riffhard
10-17-03 11:02 AM
Moonisup Having send Handsome girls to josh, he send me some vert cool stuff, and a nice letter, I think he's one of the nicest guys over here, just don't mention the beatles, that's all.
i think most of the RO people are allright, having met with Gazza, sirmoonie and others, you certainly can drink a beer with them!!

rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
10-17-03 11:13 AM
telecaster jb is a good guy who loves to pull peoples chains

Besides, it is always good to know a lawyer in S. Fla

The real question is why would some lurker join a board
to post about a member and not The Stones?

10-17-03 11:30 AM
T&A as someone else said, we're all just characters on the 'net, anyway. JB is more of a caricature than a character, more fiction than fact. To take him seriously is to take the bait....
10-17-03 11:39 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
We're all characters mouthing our lines.

Did ya think this was for real??

Good point.

But I've always liked JB, even when he was cocky 4 years ago.
10-17-03 11:57 AM
Joey

[ Absolutely INCREDIBLE Editing by young Jacky ]

The Jacky !
10-17-03 12:21 PM
catwoman JB - why aren't you posting your smileys on this thread. I was sure you were gonna answer with one of those - the happy one. Soul bro'.
10-17-03 12:23 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Obviously everyone has the right to their own opinion, this is America after all, ...

Nope, it isn't, the world is a lot larger than just the US on this board Tyler...
10-17-03 01:29 PM
KeepRigid Ironically, JB is a figment of Tyler Durden's imagination.
10-17-03 02:23 PM
macawber
i'll give you a hint...

at least one of the stones reads this board

and ass kissing is not constructive

10-17-03 02:33 PM
Child of the Moon Josh... well... I used to hate that sonofabitch so much! Once you realize he's not that bad a guy, you can appreciate the humor in (most of) his posts. Josh just likes to get a rise out of people, that's all.
Plus, he's the only one who congratulated me the other day for my second year here, so that certainly means something to me.
[Edited by Child of the Moon]
10-17-03 03:02 PM
Joey

Is it just me or do others who post here at this board secretly hope the Stones reschedule their gigs in Beijing , Shanghai and Thailand ????????? I mean , just THINK of all four members of the Rolling Stones on top of the Great Wall of China smoking a joint together ---- Priceless !

Now , if you will excuse me , I have to get up from me desk and take a pee .

" Stones is Stones -- Bigger than all of us Ronnie "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY BOY !

10-17-03 05:20 PM
glencar I hate when you have to atke a day off from this board to do real things. I miss this board. Too bad Ms. Durden didn't lurk enough to know that Joshy usually leaves the office early on Fridays & probably won't get to see this thread.

And what movie was "Tyler Durden" in?
10-17-03 05:23 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
glencar wrote:
And what movie was "Tyler Durden" in?

I think it was Fight Club with Brad Pitt.

Go Cubs!

10-17-03 05:24 PM
glencar D'oh! Of course! Thanks, Steelie.
10-17-03 05:42 PM
Some Guy jb is cool to me and if I get in legal trouble I want a cat like him in my corner.
10-17-03 05:46 PM
Joey " jb is cool to me and if I get in legal trouble I want a cat like him in my corner. "

I want his Secretary !

Kins !

10-17-03 05:49 PM
glencar Better off with his wife! She'll be getting all that moolah!
10-17-03 05:53 PM
Some Guy secretary in the corner? any pictures?
10-17-03 06:29 PM
KeithRichards210 I gotta admit Josh used to piss me off no end...then it finally sank thru that he DOES just like to yank people's chains. So I guess I've learned to just let it go, and have a good laugh. Hell, he even shows up on my site once in a while..

So here's to you, Josh. May a million Beatle albums line your walls.
Page: 1 2 3