ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Beacon Theatre, NYC - 29th October 2006
© Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ’The Legend Of Johnny Cash Vol. II’ Return to archive
27th October 2006 08:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels ’The Legend Of Johnny Cash Vol. II’
Jazz News Service
Oct 27,2006

The legendary Johnny Cash just may be the success story of the new Millennium. Now "The Legend Of Johnny Cash Vol. II" (Island/UMe), released November 21, 2006, continues the musical story that began on last year's double platinum "The Legend Of Johnny Cash", which reached #5 Pop and #2 Country and as of this writing remains on the Billboard Top 200.

Spanning his monumental career from 1956 to 2003 with 20 selections from his years with Sun, Columbia, Mercury, and American, "The Legend Of Johnny Cash Vol. II" features nine Top 10 Country hits, including five #1s; performances with June Carter, Bob Dylan, Waylon Jennings, and Hank Williams Jr.; and the live orchestral version of the Leonard Cohen classic "Bird On A Wire" previously available only on the 2004 "Unearthed" box set.
From his Sun Records era, the collection brings together the '50s tracks "There You Go" (#1 Country), "Home Of The Blues" (#3 Country), "Ballad Of A Teenage Queen" (#1 Country) and "The Ways Of A Woman In Love" (#2 Country). Moving to the Columbia label, he concludes the decade with "I Still Miss Someone" and "Don't Take Your Guns To Town" (#1 Country).

His '60s output is represented by the Native American tribute "The Ballad Of Ira Hayes" (#3 Country), pop-flavored "It Ain't Me Babe" (with June Carter) (#4 Country), "Daddy Sang Bass" (#1 Country) and a pair of Celtic-based tracks, "Girl From The North Country" (with Bob Dylan) and "The Long Black Veil." His Columbia tenure closes with the album's sole '70s contribution, the decade opening "Flesh And Blood" (#1 Country). From his Mercury days in the late '80s "The Legend Of Johnny Cash Vol. II" connects two Hank Williams related recordings -- "The Night Hank Williams Came To Town" (with Waylon Jennings) and "That Old Wheel" (with Hank Williams Jr.).

Cash's popular resurgence with a new generation took place on Rick Rubin's American Recordings. Included in the retrospective are "The Beast In Me" and "Unchained" from the '90s and "I Won't Back Down", "I Hung My Head", "Bird On A Wire" and "In The Sweet By And By" from the early '00s.

Cash's death at age 71 on September 12, 2003, closed a career spanning nearly half a century. Thanks to the Oscar-winning 2005 biopic "Walk The Line", new compilations, and even a new album -- this year's posthumous #1 Pop-charting "American V: A Hundred Highways" -- the Cash legend continues to grow.
27th October 2006 10:02 PM
Route66 I first saw JC on his tv show in the late 60s or early 70s. I had his San Quentin and Folsum Prison albums at that time too, and always enjoyed his music thoroughly.
27th October 2006 10:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot I guess the Cash estate took notes from the Presley estate. Repackage the same stuff over and over and rake in the millions....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)