ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Beacon Theatre, NYC - 29th October 2006
© Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sirius Rolling Stones Radio Return to archive
25th October 2006 12:53 PM
Gimme Shelter I can't believe it. They are playing Cocksucker Blues right now!!!!!!!!
25th October 2006 01:39 PM
glencar They're having a 2 day free trial at sirius.com for anyone interested.
25th October 2006 03:26 PM
gimmekeef CS Blues?..wow..and I thought hearing Going Home on XM Deep Tracks this morning was something!....Wish they'd make a receiver that both Sirius and XM would work..I'd pay for both.....
25th October 2006 03:44 PM
Gimme Shelter They are playing Goin' Home right now.
25th October 2006 03:45 PM
WattsAtScotts Can I go to Best Buy and get Siruis?
25th October 2006 03:48 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
WattsAtScotts wrote:
Can I go to Best Buy and get Siruis?

You can get the receiver there, but you have to subscribe to Sirus. You can check out their web-site, I think you can listen for a couple days free.
25th October 2006 04:02 PM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

You can get the receiver there, but you have to subscribe to Sirus. You can check out their web-site, I think you can listen for a couple days free.

Thanks!
25th October 2006 04:17 PM
MRD8 They just started a streaming internet broadcast...75 channels...they are having a free 2 day trial right now...not sure how much it is a month...!
25th October 2006 04:21 PM
pdog I got Sirius in my car. My wife loves Stern. I like the music played on Underground Garage, but I'm very dissapointed in the sound quality...
25th October 2006 04:40 PM
Gimme Shelter I've got the two day free trial playin' at work now. Jammin' to Hey Negrita currently.
25th October 2006 04:58 PM
nanatod
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I can't believe it. They are playing Cocksucker Blues right now!!!!!!!!

If the Stones and Cohl had any balls, "Cocksucker Blues" would be a "warhorse" in their setlists by now.
25th October 2006 06:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot They've been playing Cocksucker Blues on Channel 25 for months. They also play Fuckin' Andrew regularly. THE Fuckin' Andrew has even played it on his show.

Channel 25 plays the best Stones music.
25th October 2006 09:16 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
They've been playing Cocksucker Blues on Channel 25 for months. They also play Fuckin' Andrew regularly. THE Fuckin' Andrew has even played it on his show.

Channel 25 plays the best Stones music.

Is it just me, should I contact them, the sound is really tinny and muddy in my car. i know the stereo is good, it just the Sat. radio that sounds so bad...
25th October 2006 09:43 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
pdog wrote:

Is it just me, should I contact them, the sound is really tinny and muddy in my car. i know the stereo is good, it just the Sat. radio that sounds so bad...

Are you using a cassette adapter or an fm receiver? The cassette adapter has much better sound in my experience.
Or maybe you just gotta set up the sat. receiver in a different location?
[Edited by mrhipfl]
25th October 2006 11:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't have any sound problems...unless I'm in a parking garage...or under an overpass...or in the mountains with big ass trees blocking the signal out...that kinda thing.
25th October 2006 11:46 PM
chevysales we at gm are stuck with XM while it has some good stuff i wish for sirius and the stones, howard stern, and nfl football.
thats the trifecta that wins for me.

oh and those with xm you can get a $77 year renewal by calling and telling them gm/xm sent you a flyer with the code "zwinback" on it and your radio code for that half price renewal.
[Edited by chevysales]
26th October 2006 06:48 AM
rollmops Now that Howard Stern is on Sirius may be he will finally be able to get the stones as a guests. Hopefully if this happens, it won't turn into the "Pete Townshend" debacle!
Mops
26th October 2006 07:21 AM
chevysales
quote:
pdog wrote:

too much compression...
27th October 2006 08:06 PM
east_river_trucker Speaking of Sirius and Pete. If only the Stones would do their channel like the Who does their Sirius channel. Complete live shows every night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Who are doing a much better job of embracing the new digital/internet era. The Rolling Dinasours continue to record and release like they are still living in the golden age of vinyl.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)