ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Beacon Theatre, NYC - 29th October 2006
© Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rod Stewart Return to archive
24th October 2006 04:05 PM
WattsAtScotts Today is my mom's bday, and she wanted the new Rod cd, so I got it for her, and we listened to it, she likes it, I think it's awful, just awful, and I got her The Break Up
24th October 2006 04:31 PM
gimmekeef You mad at your mom?.....Rod is so freakin over its pathetic.....lol
24th October 2006 04:39 PM
Gazza I heard his cover of Bonnie Tyler's "Its a Heartache" which is obviously done with a hint of irony as the original version sounded like a tranny doing an impersonation of Rod Stewart
24th October 2006 04:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I heard his cover of Bonnie Tyler's "Its a Heartache" which is obviously done with a hint of irony as the original version sounded like a tranny doing an impersonation of Rod Stewart

So I will appear stoopid- what or who the hell is a tranny? Certainly isn't good, as Roddy's voice is history!!
24th October 2006 04:49 PM
_Boomy_ Transexual???
24th October 2006 04:53 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Transexual???

That was my guess, Boomy. But one must always check to be sure they are coming up with the right conclusion!!!!
24th October 2006 05:15 PM
Nellcote Tranny, like, do you drive a stick or an automatic, right?
"Her voice sounded like a tranny"
I had a tranny on my 1st car, where I installed the starter in a way when I would start up the cah, it would make this wicked pissa screech, flatten folks for miles around.
We'd get all juiced up and sloppy, waiting for mothers to come out of the grocery store, just to start the cah...oh gawd, another Acapulco Gold flashback, brought to you by the kind folks of 1972....
24th October 2006 05:35 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Tranny, like, do you drive a stick or an automatic, right?
"Her voice sounded like a tranny"
I had a tranny on my 1st car, where I installed the starter in a way when I would start up the cah, it would make this wicked pissa screech, flatten folks for miles around.
We'd get all juiced up and sloppy, waiting for mothers to come out of the grocery store, just to start the cah...oh gawd, another Acapulco Gold flashback, brought to you by the kind folks of 1972....

Well Nelly..that would be the correct deduction..but is that the way Gazza is using the word? Actually it is not a word..an acronym maybe.. God, I hate it when I am like this
24th October 2006 05:39 PM
Hannalee
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
That was my guess, Boomy. But one must always check to be sure they are coming up with the right conclusion!!!!

Unless it was a tranny with a "dark brown voice", in which case he/she/it would be merely a transvestite...
24th October 2006 05:42 PM
Nellcote Meg, we are "slicing & dicing", wasn't that for Ginsu knives?
24th October 2006 05:43 PM
WattsAtScotts
24th October 2006 05:52 PM
SheRat Tranny is most definitely someone of the gender-bending variety.

Now, there are TWO (2) types of "tranny:"

1) Transexual: one who merely dresses like the opposite gender.

2) Transgender: one who actively seeks or has undergone operations making them into the opposite gender (a "pre-op tranny" or a "post-op tranny," respectively)

I like Bonnie Tyler's "It's a Heartache"

I also own this album:

[Edited by SheRat]
24th October 2006 06:03 PM
Jumacfly Rod's last effort is a kind of mature James Blunt's piece of shit.
Im always very sad to see how mellow has become our dear Rod, this great singer with a dead cat on his head, who had with Ronnie and the Faces the opportunity to rock the world like the Stones did it in the last 20 years.
24th October 2006 06:03 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Meg, we are "slicing & dicing", wasn't that for Ginsu knives?

Oh but it is fun...and we get to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show and be edgumecated on transexuals/trans genders/transylvanians/transvestities!!!
24th October 2006 06:12 PM
Nellcote Jesus H Christ, I guess the hell so!
BTW, I am wicked dissapointed in this lp.
I was so looking forward to this, after the
syrup he's been issuing. This thang downright stinks.
Turn the way back machine Sherman to 1971, about
this same time of year for Maggie May release.
And to think this is the same artist.
But it will sell hells bells, because, it has had major push in the easy listening markets....Jeff Beck was right, as he recently said, "his voice is gone"....
24th October 2006 10:11 PM
TomL Yes R%at you have Betty davis eyes...................
24th October 2006 11:15 PM
Trey Krimsin ...but I wonder if she's a voyeur?
25th October 2006 12:34 AM
Taptrick
Actually one who merely dresses a is a CD.

A TS can be preop or postop.

25th October 2006 06:08 PM
SheRat
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

Actually one who merely dresses a is a CD.

A TS can be preop or postop.

CD is no longer a term used in SF, at least not by the actual community.
[Edited by SheRat]
25th October 2006 06:16 PM
glencar I own the 45 RPM single of Bette Davis Eyes. I prefer that Bonnie Tyler song wherein the kids all snag "bright eyes" at teh end. Total Eclipse of My Fart, I think?
25th October 2006 06:23 PM
SheRat
quote:
glencar wrote:
I own the 45 RPM single of Bette Davis Eyes. I prefer that Bonnie Tyler song wherein the kids all snag "bright eyes" at teh end. Total Eclipse of My Fart, I think?

I won an evening of free drinking at a bar here once for my karaoke version of that song.
25th October 2006 06:25 PM
glencar I bombed at karaoke when I tried to do Just Like A Woman by Bob. Tougher than I thought. But I still drank the night away. Coming to AC?
25th October 2006 06:57 PM
SheRat
quote:
glencar wrote:
I bombed at karaoke when I tried to do Just Like A Woman by Bob. Tougher than I thought. But I still drank the night away. Coming to AC?

No, unfortunately, I can't. I wish I could--I'D go get a tattoo with y'all! I'll be there in spirit though!
25th October 2006 07:23 PM
glencar Tattoos? This was NOT on my agenda!!!!
25th October 2006 07:29 PM
SheRat
quote:
glencar wrote:
Tattoos? This was NOT on my agenda!!!!

Well, it IS on others' agendas. There's some group tattoo action planned for AC, buddy. Sexy! Ooooh La la!

actually, that tatt is pretty cool...
25th October 2006 10:26 PM
rolling who Rod Stewart's album debuting at No. 1 is just another example of how women have helped ruin rock 'n roll.

Think about it ...

They stopped The Beatles from touring because they couldn't control their ridiculous screaming.

They broke up The Beatles (Yoko and Linda).

They've made stars out of horrific "boy bands," from David Cassidy and Donny Osmond to New Kids on the Block to 'N Sync.

They've turned radio and music television into little more than outlets for dance music or awful, soul-less pop-rock.

They catapult Rod Stewart to No. 1 while The Who probably won't even debut in the top 20 with their first new album in 24 years.
26th October 2006 12:32 AM
Sir Stonesalot I spoke with Ian McLagan recently...and he absolutely 100% HATES Rod. I will now quote Mac:

"Aw FUCK 'im. I mean it, just FUCK 'im."

And he said it with fire in his eyes and malice in his heart.

I think some serious shit went down between these two.

I quickly changed the subject.
26th October 2006 04:43 AM
Prodigal Son Yes, well as I think rock critic Greil Marcus said about Rod the Sod "Never has anybody betrayed their talent so thoroughly." Or something to that effect. Anyway, I'm starting to think all those great moments he had before 1975 were thanks to the inspiration of his bandmates in the Faces plus the efforts of Martin Quittenton, another regular collaborator. Let's all give Ronnie some credit fro squeezing some greatness out of that no talent Stewart hack. Somebody had to have been feeding him these awesome songs to cover and the whole homespun, English folky rock was lost when he dropped out of the Faces and moved to Hollywood.

Subsequent attempts to restore critical faith have been average or just plain lousy. I mean, he's been ruining other people's songs rather than doing them justice since 1975. "So Far Away" was godawful but if he did it in 1972 it might've been touching and superb. And "Have I Told You Lately" sounds more mushy and less genuine under him somehow. Anyway, we all know Van has more soul in his pinky than Rod has in his entire sleazy body.
27th October 2006 01:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot One thing I'll always appreciate about Rod...he made Tom Waits a rich man with his gawdawful cover of Downtown Train.

Other than that...I'm with Mac. Aw FUCk 'im, just fuck 'Im.
28th October 2006 12:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Rod don't Rock no more. He "croons". The Rod of Gasoline Alley no longer exists. Every year Rod looks more like Barry Manilow....physically.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)