ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Beacon Theatre, NYC - 29th October 2006
© Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: send pic to stonesdoug for beacon Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
24th October 2006 08:52 PM
chevysales
quote:
eXiLe oN 2nD sT wrote:
no call yet , i wonder when they r done and how many they are taking total. Also wonder how many emails the Dougster gOt...?

he said over 500... full box.
24th October 2006 08:59 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

You got in for Sunday... That's the show I picked for the RS.com contest...

I think they get both..plus the 'overdubbing' extra bit afterwards on the wednesday. That was part of the condition of entry.
24th October 2006 09:04 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think they get both..plus the 'overdubbing' extra bit afterwards on the wednesday. That was part of the condition of entry.

Dunno about that.
Winners posting at Shidoobee are saying they were told Sunday, Monday and Wednesday.

24th October 2006 09:06 PM
LadyJane Is Luxury conscious?

Lux...you represent the RO/Couchie gals. You lucky bitch (meant in the nicest possible way)

Give Mick a big.....um, hug from LJ.

Awesome.

LJ.
24th October 2006 09:09 PM
Riffhard When Mick lays eyes on Luxy he's gonna roll his eyes! "Geesh I can't get away from this chick!" Can't wait to hear all the great stories!

Riffy
24th October 2006 09:17 PM
Gazza
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Dunno about that.
Winners posting at Shidoobee are saying they were told Sunday, Monday and Wednesday.

whats happening on the Monday. More post-production stuff?
Cant see how they can force you to come back on the non-show days anyway, for those who wouldnt be available

Seems odd they arent being used for the show on the Tuesday, surely?
24th October 2006 09:26 PM
violentkind
quote:
DrJimmy wrote:
looks like i picked the wrong messageboard to lurk on. i didn't know about the shidoobee site. rocks off comes up first on google searches.

if i had known, i would have joined shidoobee last week, lurked and posted annoying, pro-Who messages. then maybe i'd get to be an extra.

oh well, that's what i get for not being a diehard Stones fan.

You sound like an ASSHOLE,you would never last at SHIDOOBEE
24th October 2006 09:27 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Gazza wrote:
whats happening on the Monday. More post-production stuff?
Cant see how they can force you to come back on the non-show days anyway, for those who wouldnt be available

Seems odd they arent being used for the show on the Tuesday, surely?

Purely speculation, but maybe Tuesday's show isn't being being filmed?
Guess we'll have to get the skinny from Marty's pals throbby and lux.
24th October 2006 09:28 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
When Mick lays eyes on Luxy he's gonna roll his eyes! "Geesh I can't get away from this chick!" Can't wait to hear all the great stories!
Riffy

He's seen her before. Didn't she give him one of her hats? Or am I thinking of someone else...? Ya, the one in her avatar, no...
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
24th October 2006 09:35 PM
luxury1 I am thinking that the Oct 30th date in the email is a typo, and of course should read Oct 31. Guess we shall see......
24th October 2006 09:41 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I am thinking that the Oct 30th date in the email is a typo, and of course should read Oct 31. Guess we shall see......

Think they'll revoke your SAG card if you're a no show on Wednesday?
24th October 2006 10:10 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I am thinking that the Oct 30th date in the email is a typo, and of course should read Oct 31. Guess we shall see......

That's what I thought, but Sabel was very insistant that it was Monday. repeated it several times

btw: I am tkl7 on Shidoobee. There is someone else named Cousin Lou over there.
[Edited by Your Cousin Lou]
24th October 2006 10:12 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Think they'll revoke your SAG card if you're a no show on Wednesday?

SAG members were not allowed.
24th October 2006 10:28 PM
GotToRollMe Congrats Throbby and Luxury!
24th October 2006 11:10 PM
DrJimmy
quote:
violentkind wrote:
You sound like an ASSHOLE,you would never last at SHIDOOBEE

i'm a total fucking asshole. i have no interest in this place, i'm only here to use it for my own selfish needs.

but, from what i can tell, because i am such an asshole, i actually fit in here quite well.

kisses, sweetie.
25th October 2006 12:06 AM
Bitch I also submitted my pic and info to Stonesdoug today, just before the deadline. Hopefully someone in the film crew will like my pic! Really need some good luck to get selected!

Congrats to Throbby and Luxury, 2 good looking fans, and Cousin Lou, are you cute? lol , I think they are looking for nice looking people! Stonesdoug and OldKr are in too!

Me, Throbby and Oldkr at Giants Stadium. They look freakin' cute, right? I have a very slim chance unless they want wasted looking people in the movie!
25th October 2006 12:58 AM
stonesgirl101 Congratulations to those who've made it in so far!!!

I wasn't at all surprised to see Luxury & Throbby chosen,
they are very good looking! Me? Not so much plus I got my
email out *just* before SD said 'no more' so I doubt it but,hey, Never Say Never!

It's late & tix madness comes early so I bid you all a good night and GOOD LUCK with the tix!!!

Sheila in NJ
25th October 2006 06:36 AM
FotiniD Congrats to Throbby and Luxy! You lucky, beautiful people you

25th October 2006 07:18 AM
Jeep
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Doug himself doesnt need it - the people who have provided the opportunity seemingly do (which kinda rules out non-US nationals one would think..) It appears the guy who provided the opportunity - assuming it comes off - happens to post over there

About the SS number, I guess that people choosen for the gigs are extras actors for the Scorsese's movie, this is why they tell them to be in NYC during 4 days (I imagine to catch some crowd scenes with or without the Stones on stage).
Maybe they'll be paid for this "job" so the SS is very important for the production.

Congratulations to the happy winners !
25th October 2006 07:31 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jeep wrote:

About the SS number, I guess that people choosen for the gigs are extras actors for the Scorsese's movie, this is why they tell them to be in NYC during 4 days (I imagine to catch some crowd scenes with or without the Stones on stage).
Maybe they'll be paid for this "job" so the SS is very important for the production.

Congratulations to the happy winners !

I believe they all get paid $75. Could be worse. Free entry to a couple of Stones shows, you get to watch the greatest filmmaker on the planet at work and they give you money as well.

As theyre paid extras, your comment about social security numbers makes perfect sense
25th October 2006 07:32 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Free entry to a couple of Stones shows, you get to watch the greatest filmmaker on the planet at work and they give you money as well.

The only thing lacking in this description to make it my ideal job is being Keith's personal assistant
25th October 2006 08:12 AM
Jeep Yeah ! The next week job is kind of one where workers 'll be happy to pay the boss !
25th October 2006 09:13 AM
Some Guy This is all very intresting, what do we expect to come out of this?
25th October 2006 12:37 PM
Your Cousin Lou [quote]Bitch wrote:
I also submitted my pic and info to Stonesdoug today, just before the deadline. Hopefully someone in the film crew will like my pic! Really need some good luck to get selected!

Congrats to Throbby and Luxury, 2 good looking fans, and Cousin Lou, are you cute? lol , I think they are looking for nice looking people! Stonesdoug and OldKr are in too!

I don't know what the look they were going for, but all of the guys that I have seen selected have shaggy to shoulder length hair, so that might be something. I only sent a dark head shot that I took with my mobile:
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)