ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Beacon Theatre, NYC - 29th October 2006
© Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Four Flicks Revisited Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd October 2006 03:51 PM
Some Guy I got into this a little this weekend. Still great after all, Theatre show is smoking! It's all good.
23rd October 2006 04:00 PM
Saint Sway is there a better DVD package/box set out there?
23rd October 2006 04:03 PM
mrhipfl the stadium show's a bore. The rest's smoking
23rd October 2006 04:35 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
is there a better DVD package/box set out there?

The Black Crowes - Freak N Roll into the Fog (2006)?
23rd October 2006 04:38 PM
Saint Sway yes.

But only because Four Flicks is lacking the pointless grainy footage of stoned musicians walking aimlessly thru the woods

otherwise, Flicks is the clear winner

[Edited by Saint Sway]
23rd October 2006 04:41 PM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
is there a better DVD package/box set out there?

Zoo TV?,lol
23rd October 2006 04:41 PM
Some Guy
quote:
WattsAtScotts wrote:

Zoo TV?,lol

I recently saw that dvd for the first time. Hot.
23rd October 2006 04:42 PM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

I recently saw that dvd for the first time. Hot.

Nice, I enjoyed Daddy's gonna pay for your crash car
23rd October 2006 04:43 PM
Some Guy
quote:
WattsAtScotts wrote:

Nice, I enjoyed Daddy's gonna pay for your crash car

Yeah, that was kinda cool.
23rd October 2006 07:08 PM
Soldatti I love it, best Stones release in 20-25 years.
23rd October 2006 07:11 PM
Dan I thought the stadium show had the best editing and camera work while the theatre show is nearly unwatcheable. The bonus disc is great too.
23rd October 2006 07:18 PM
Flairville A brilliant piece of work. Highlights for me are;
Star star
That's how strong my love is
Worried about you
Love train
Everybody needs somebody
Wild horses
Angie
Can't you hear me knockin'
Street fighting man (Twickenham)
Monkey Man
Don't Stop
I'm sure just before Wild Horses Ronnie tells Mick he's boring everyone talking about their previous gigs around the area. Finally Can't Turn You Loose on the bonus disc is amongst my favourite live songs ever, Mick is phenomenol towards the end.
23rd October 2006 10:01 PM
Steel Wheels Can't Turn You Loose and LoveTrain are fantastic and are my 2 favorite tracks on the set.
23rd October 2006 10:22 PM
ebmp ZOO TV is awesome! Love is Blindness is just beautiful

Also, the version of One is the best ever

As for 4 Flicks, the best thing to me is the documentary

The best show has to be the theater
23rd October 2006 10:23 PM
jtorquetti Nearness of you
23rd October 2006 11:48 PM
Poplar
quote:
Flairville wrote:
That's how strong my love is

Hot hot hot.
24th October 2006 12:57 AM
Bruno Midnight Rambler has all the things that make them the best band in the world. If I had to turn somebody on a Stones fan, in a current performance level, I would use this one. All the six of them absolutely rock there.
24th October 2006 01:10 PM
Honky Tonk Man It's fantastic and I really think the Stones will struggle to emulate it (thats if they even attempt) with any release from A Bigger Bang Tour. The lack of 3 different setups this time will of course hinder things, but it should'nt.
24th October 2006 01:16 PM
Saint Sway I doubt that they will attempt to release anything similiar to Flicks from the Bang tour. Mick has always been very adamant about not repeating the same gimmicks. Like with the press conferences, it always has to be a new gimmick... flat bed > train > boat > blimp etc

I'm sure he has something grand up his sleeve for the dvd release. I just dont think it will be another theater/stadium/arena/documentary package.

probably a best of compilation

but maybe something more creative. Mick seems to be more juiced about the dvds and gets more creative on stuff like Flicks and Being Mick than he does with the audio live cds
24th October 2006 01:25 PM
Dan According to Doug there will be a theatrical release next summer. Everyone can finally get their theatre shows!
24th October 2006 01:26 PM
jb absolute crap-4 Flicks was really bad imo...
24th October 2006 01:43 PM
Nellcote Best selling Rock dvd of that year.
Probably still has that esteemed honor.
JB, Drew Bledsoe cleaned out his locker last night, after Parcells benched him. Tell Saban to swop Salt & Pepa for Baby Drew straight up!
He'll be back in the AFC for our November assault on Danny's home...Did I ever tell you my mother threw a mackeral on that field, with Patriots bunting wrapped around it...it was at a certain AFC Championship game in 1986....Hmmm what was that outcome?
24th October 2006 01:48 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Best selling Rock dvd of that year.
Probably still has that esteemed honor.
JB, Drew Bledsoe cleaned out his locker last night, after Parcells benched him. Tell Saban to swop Salt & Pepa for Baby Drew straight up!
He'll be back in the AFC for our November assault on Danny's home...Did I ever tell you my mother threw a mackeral on that field, with Patriots bunting wrapped around it...it was at a certain AFC Championship game in 1986....Hmmm what was that outcome?

That was really the rise of the Pats and the beginning of our decent into mediocrity. The Marino years , however, were always exciting, and love us or hate us, the guy did things with the ball no QB has ever done before or after. We really choked in 92 in the AFC Championship game as well, losing 29-10 to the Bills. To many lost opportunities, but Buffalo was a dynasty from the late 80's to mid 90's.
The DVD is not that good imo. Bledsoe is the last of the old school QB's..a great gunslinger, but always threw the Int. under pressure...I alwasy respected him as he worshipped Marino.
[Edited by jb]
24th October 2006 02:06 PM
Nellcote A big Nancy Kerrigan "WHY" to the 'Phins management.
We need some gusto in the AFC East.
Enjoy AC!
How I wanted to get there, to complete my double-header Rock Concert Jersey Shore year, having seen Bruce in Asbury Park in May, however, it's not in the cards.
Enjoy the whole thing!
24th October 2006 03:05 PM
speedfreakjive theatre show rocks
24th October 2006 03:05 PM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
theatre show rocks

Did not like the theater show at all..dreaful versions of HOF...I will admit, the London stadium show was O.K.
24th October 2006 03:15 PM
lotsajizz the Twick stadium show is mediocre at best, Mick's cold screws with his voice very obviously, the the theater show is unquestionably the highlight

24th October 2006 03:16 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
...Did I ever tell you my mother threw a mackeral on that field, with Patriots bunting wrapped around it...it was at a certain AFC Championship game in 1986....Hmmm what was that outcome?

and the next game?

24th October 2006 03:16 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
the Twick stadium show is mediocre at best, Mick's cold screws with his voice very obviously, the the theater show is unquestionably the highlight

We struggled past a winless Duke team..we lose big at ga tech this weekend.
24th October 2006 03:33 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Did not like the theater show at all..dreaful versions of HOF...I will admit, the London stadium show was O.K.

The theatre show sounds great but the fast editing gives me a headache.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)