ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Beacon Theatre, NYC - 29th October 2006
© Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: whats the deal with all the DVD filmings? Return to archive
23rd October 2006 01:37 PM
Saint Sway So Austin was filmed for a dvd. As was Rio. And a few others too (forget which?). And the Beacon is being filmed for a dvd release by Scorcese?

how many of these are they actually going to put out? If any?

whats the rumor?
23rd October 2006 01:39 PM
WattsAtScotts Hopefully it will be a best of performances
23rd October 2006 01:56 PM
Some Guy Santa may bring us something special.
23rd October 2006 02:00 PM
jb Rio part 2...wide open and no one really cares.
23rd October 2006 02:06 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

whats the rumor?

Omaha ( QWEST CENTER 01/29/06 ) also was filmed for a DVD . Word .

Cuzz !

[cc:ss]
[Edited by Joey]
23rd October 2006 02:49 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. They film every show, regardless of a DVD release or not.

[Edited by Steamboat Bill, Jr.]
23rd October 2006 03:04 PM
MrPleasant So, I finally saw The Aviator. It was nice and entertaining, and Alan Alda added camp value. Leonardo DiCaprio was impressive at times. But why was it a PG-13 movie? Howard H. was a huge pervert who probably fucked Errol Flynn in the ass.

No Oscar for you Marty! YOU'RE THE WEAKEST LINK!!!
23rd October 2006 03:42 PM
Green Tea Didn't they also film at Fenway Park?
23rd October 2006 03:52 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
Green Tea wrote:

Didn't they also film at Fenway Park?

quote:
Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:

They film every show, regardless of a DVD release or not.
23rd October 2006 04:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:
They film every show, regardless of a DVD release or not.

I doubt they bothered to film the recent Chicago disaster

except maybe only to include a brief "Setting Up The Tarps" bonus footage segment
23rd October 2006 04:13 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I doubt they bothered to film the recent Chicago disaster

except maybe only to include a brief "Setting Up The Tarps" bonus footage segment

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

23rd October 2006 05:38 PM
Bloozehound some dude with a Mick accent came on the loudspeaker before the Stones came on last night and said this concert was going to filmed for the DVD release, he said for everyone to enjoy the show and have a good time and that if you saw yourself being filmed on the jumbo-tron to act like you were REALLY having a good time LOL

23rd October 2006 05:52 PM
glencar
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
So, I finally saw The Aviator. It was nice and entertaining, and Alan Alda added camp value. Leonardo DiCaprio was impressive at times. But why was it a PG-13 movie? Howard H. was a huge pervert who probably fucked Errol Flynn in the ass.

No Oscar for you Marty! YOU'RE THE WEAKEST LINK!!!

Weren't they both Ladies' men?
23rd October 2006 05:53 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
some dude with a Mick accent came on the loudspeaker before the Stones came on last night and said this concert was going to filmed for the DVD release, he said for everyone to enjoy the show and have a good time and that if you saw yourself being filmed on the jumbo-tron to act like you were REALLY having a good time LOL

sounds like they brought back Ron Schneider as Tour Manager

what was his line at Altamont?.... "if you start laying successive bummers on this crowd..."
23rd October 2006 06:06 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

sounds like they brought back Ron Schneider as Tour Manager

what was his line at Altamont?.... "if you start laying successive bummers on this crowd..."

Who was Chip Monck ? ( circa 1972 -- Boston Garden )

googling .....................

http://www.kevinmmitchell.com/writer/articles/chipmonck.html

Monck Loses Some Teeth

" Up next was Altamont, the infamous misguided attempt to re-create Woodstock at a raceway in San Francisco. Hells Angels, in addition to murdering a man, stole the famous carpeting that covered the stage. When Monck caught the gentleman doing it, he tried to smooth talk him out of it. Said gentleman responded by knocking out a handful of Monck’s teeth via the butt of a pool cue. Monck, not one to give up, simply showed up at the house of the stolen soft goods with a case of brandy and sweet-talked his way into retrieving the precious stage prop.

But the more important, more successful gig with the Stones was to come.

Stansfield, currently of Patrick Stansfield & Associates, first met Monck when Stansfield worked for Bill Graham in the early 1970s, and was tour manager for a Crosby Stills Nash & Young tour in 1971 with Monck as the lighting director.

“I was entranced [by Monck] because he’s very flamboyant, and already had this reputation of being a conceptual genius. I was bowled over by him and his mastery of technical terms.” Stansfield then launches into a dead-on impersonation of Monck’s accent and speaking style, ordering a replacement part and being very specific. “He’s Mr. Nomenclature.”

Kidding aside, Stansfield and Monck bonded immediately because they both were passionate that the art of what they did was in the details. “The phrase ‘good enough for rock and roll’ drove us both nuts,” Stansfield tells. “We did not want to fly by the seat of our pants—we wanted to know.” He adds that they were the first people who really advanced shows and says that Monck liked him because Stansfield got into the number of seats, the type of power, the door heights, the stage depth.

Stansfield says he “wiggled onto the ’72 Rolling Stones tour.” Historically, in our industry, this is the tour that launched the period when tours became events. Preproduction, staging, better lighting and sound, special effects (however quaint by today’s standards)—the bar was raised forever on this tour.

Stansfield still can see Monck stalking the spot operators and shouting out cues, then on stage, at the piano, cueing from there. Specific cues are still vivid.

“Going into ‘Street Fighting Man,’ we had a big truss with probably 100 PAR-cans with gels, on a hydraulic lift,” Stansfield recalls. “The lift would bring down the lights, and we’d skitter on and pull the gels off [by hand], so when it went up again, it would all be blazing white. It was a huge effect, a big part of the show… a pre-technical color change. Now, you’d just flip a switch and it would all be white, but in those days, that’s not how it happened.”

There was a breach in their friendship when the Stones used a legal mark against Monck to fire him and keep him from continuing with the tour on to Australia. Monck: “It was February 8th, 1973, and I’d done advance for the show in Australia, but when I get to Honolulu, I’m told that my prior [drug offense] has come up in the Commonwealth record, a record shared by the U.K., Canada, and Australia. So they decided there is only one drug offender who gets to go to Australia and it has to be Keith [Richards]; I couldn’t understand [their choice],” he laughs. (The “drug offense” in question was being caught with a single joint in Canada after doing the Monterey Pop Festival earlier. He was thrown in the slammer for six days.)"

[Edited by Joey]
23rd October 2006 07:17 PM
Soldatti They should release all the songs performed on the tour, something like Four Flicks but without repeats, that would be great.
24th October 2006 06:14 AM
egon or the could release rewind on dvd (without bonus tracks of course)
24th October 2006 06:19 AM
deuce Add the Phenoix club show from '05 in there
[Edited by deuce]
24th October 2006 10:35 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
deuce wrote:
Add the Phenoix club show from '05 in there

Hell Yeah!! I was at that. Coolest show of the tour!!!!!!
24th October 2006 10:36 AM
gimmekeef To quote the legendary Tony Soprano:

"Fogettaboutit".....
25th October 2006 07:29 AM
corgi37 Whatever they release, i'll buy it. But i have to say, Aussie Errol Flynn never got fucked up the ass by nobody! That Nazi loving drunk was the one who did the fucking.
25th October 2006 07:38 AM
Nellcote “Going into ‘Street Fighting Man,’ we had a big truss with probably 100 PAR-cans with gels, on a hydraulic lift,” Stansfield recalls. “The lift would bring down the lights, and we’d skitter on and pull the gels off [by hand], so when it went up again, it would all be blazing white. It was a huge effect, a big part of the show… a pre-technical color change. Now, you’d just flip a switch and it would all be white, but in those days, that’s not how it happened.”

This was the best part of my first ever concert, July 19, 1972, 1st row, 1st balcony, Micky T's side, Bahston Gahden.
Of course, the proceedings were WICKED PISSAH!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)