ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Beacon Theatre, NYC - 29th October 2006
© Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is Keith going heavy on the eye-shadow lately ... Return to archive
21st October 2006 11:45 AM
Mel Belli ...or what?
21st October 2006 12:14 PM
throbby eye liner, my dear...
21st October 2006 12:17 PM
Mel Belli Sorry, I'm a dude.
21st October 2006 12:24 PM
GotToRollMe Keith's always had a propensity for eyeliner. It's a rock & roll thing (but you knew that, Mel...after all, any fan of JT is hip to all that jazz).

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
21st October 2006 01:08 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I'm a dude.

All the young dudes (hey dudes)!!
Carry the news (where are ya)?!?!
Boogaloo dudes (stand up)!!!!!
Carry the news!!
21st October 2006 01:12 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:

All the young dudes (hey dudes)!!
Carry the news (where are ya)?!?!
Boogaloo dudes (stand up)!!!!!
Carry the news!!

I hate to admit it, but you read my mind, dude.
21st October 2006 01:17 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I hate to admit it, but you read my mind, dude.

Come to Bono
21st October 2006 01:23 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:

Come to Bono

Dude.

21st October 2006 01:23 PM
chevysales
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
...or what?

seems that way to me
21st October 2006 03:14 PM
WattsAtScotts Keith is the coolest cat to ever walk planet earth!
21st October 2006 03:32 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Dude.

GTRM and Bono...a match made in heaven!

21st October 2006 04:12 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

GTRM and Bono...a match made in heaven!

You shall be greeted and severely disciplined for that crack.

21st October 2006 04:29 PM
Bloozehound Keith needs to cut the crap and concentrate on rockin that guitar of his tommorrow in Austin

I paid big bucks for this and I expect a great show

21st October 2006 05:27 PM
pdog Mike Ness...
21st October 2006 06:06 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

You shall be greeted and severely disciplined for that crack.

exiting!!
21st October 2006 06:11 PM
Poplar
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Keith needs to cut the crap and concentrate on rockin that guitar of his tommorrow in Austin
I paid big bucks for this and I expect a great show

Your review is highly anticipated. I expect an A-list, Olbermanesque Special Comment.
[Edited by Poplar]
21st October 2006 07:19 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:
Mike Ness...

Indeed! Mike knows a thing or two about Maybelline...

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
21st October 2006 07:37 PM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Indeed! Mike knows a thing or two about Maybelline...

[Edited by GotToRollMe]

What can't you be true
21st October 2006 09:30 PM
trevcourt It's his undertaker pancake makeup that't freaking me out in those close ups.
21st October 2006 09:54 PM
MrPleasant I'm just glad that Jagger has reduced the lipstick.
22nd October 2006 12:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
WattsAtScotts wrote:
Keith is the coolest cat to ever walk planet earth!

Well....on a good day maybe.
25th October 2006 08:15 PM
GotToRollMe Guyliner, anyone?

http://www.mtvasia.com/News/200610/25013910.html

Kiedis, Flowers, Hoppus Don't See Eye-To-Eye On Dudes Wearing Eyeliner

October 25, 2006

Heidi Klum might be right: In fashion, you're either in or you're out. In rock and roll fashion, though, things aren't so cut and ... sewn. Just like the music itself, some styles never really go away, while others bounce in and out of cool faster than a faux-hawked drummer's double-bass-drum pedal.

Which brings us to the latest hot-or-not accessory: guyliner (i.e. eyeliner on guys).

Some may say it's been in vogue since Bowie went glam. Others might argue My Chemical Romance are leading a black parade of a different sort, reviving eyeliner along with other theatrical-minded bands like Panic! at the Disco and 30 Seconds to Mars. And then there are the hipsters who are already claiming it's so five minutes ago.

Which is it? We asked a few rockers and one taste-making heiress for their thoughts:

The Red Hot Chili Peppers' Anthony Kiedis: "I actually dabbled with it in the much earlier '80s. I don't have any problem with eyeliner, but it's nice to have something to back it up with. Panic! at the Disco I've only ever seen in photographs, and they look like they travel with a large number of stylists. They look like they brought their girlfriends and their other friends and everyone had a dress-up party."

The Killers' Brandon Flowers: "It gives me a gypsy [feel]. I have four sisters, so it was always around."

Plus-44's Mark Hoppus: "When I was in high school back in the late '80s, I was really -- and still am -- into the Cure. So I used to wear eyeliner and stick my hair up, and I just remember guys walking past and going, 'What a f--!' I feel like it's a little overdone right now. Back in the day it was something that we did because you wanted to be different than everybody else. ... Now it just seems kinda commonplace. Feels a little watered down to me."

30 Seconds to Mars' Jared Leto: "What I find interesting is that in every society from the beginning of time, in every continent, whether in preparation of war, whether it was mating rituals, men have found that the use of costume, the use of makeup, the use of preparation for battle or for love, has been an important element within that society. So there's gotta be some primordial, subconscious reason that these things come up."

Avenged Sevenfold's M. Shadows: "I used to wear eyeliner. We used to do it because when you're a small band and you do stuff like that, people notice you and are like, 'Who do these guys think they are?' I kind of grew away from it, but the other guys still do it a lot. I'm totally cool with anyone that does it. I like our band because we have individual personalities. It's cool when a band does a uniform thing, but when it's just putting on eyeliner or having the same haircut or all wearing black, then it's just kind of lame. We were that band at one point, a lot of bands go through that, but you kind of have to evolve out of that."

The Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne: "I think guys wearing makeup will become the new piercings. I think the appeal of it is not necessarily that it's androgynous, it's actually just kind of scary. There's something just sort of decadent about men putting on makeup and acting tough. However, if you look like you spend too much time in front of the mirror, people are just going to think of you as being the arrogant, self-obsessed fool that you really are. So, if anything, you should learn how to do it very quickly and in private so you just show up looking great."

Papa Roach's Jacoby Shaddix: "My wife digs it. It's just like a once-a-day application, and it smears and gets nasty, and then the next day when you wake up ... it almost looks cooler the night after, like down your face. It's weird, man, I almost feel naked without any of it on. You know, I'm in Alabama hanging out with my family down there and I'm like [He gestures applying eyeliner]."

Papa Roach's Tobin Esperance: "If you're gonna wear makeup, it's not about looking pretty. It's gotta look like you've been up all night doing drugs."

Army of Anyone's Richard Patrick: "The current escalation of eyeliner usage is a direct result of people being more open-minded about androgyny and its place in fashion again. Some people wear it well, while others do not."

Kasabian's Tom Meighan: "There's only two people that can get away with it, man: Keith Richards and David Bowie."

Scissor Sisters' Del Marquis: "I used to wear a lot more makeup early on, and then this Panic! at the Disco nonsense [happened and] I just wiped it all off. If you're wearing makeup, it should enhance the music. If it is totally incongruous to what the music is about, it just makes my eyes roll back."

And ... Paris Hilton: "I like when guys wear a little eyeliner. Sometimes it's cute."

-- Corey Moss (MTV.com)
25th October 2006 10:09 PM
Scottfree
quote:
WattsAtScotts wrote:
Keith is the coolest cat to ever walk planet earth!

Naahhh her are the rankings (AP & UPI)

1. Me
2. Keef
3. Everyone else is tied for last
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)