ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy Halloween!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gered Mankowitz was on Later with Jools Holland, talking about a new book about the Stones and pics Return to archive
10-25-02 07:22 PM
Scot Rocks Jools Holland started by saying how much he loved the Stones and then saying they were the greatest Rock n'Roll Band in the world, then getting the audiance to applaud them, then saying it is ambition to getting them on his show, but they were in Miami just now. He then talked to Mankovitz about a new book and some pics of Brian stoned and Charlie painting with a brush up his nose lol. Anyway, just if anyone was interested in this.

Cheers

Mark
10-26-02 01:02 PM
parmeda Do you know which book they were refering to Mark?

I have a book, 'THE STONES 65-67', by Gered Mankowitz. (It's signed, and I'm very excited to have it!) There is a photo of Charlie with a paint brush up one of his nostrils...(very comical!). It seems Mr. Markowitz really has 'the knack' in which he's captured some of their best candid moments.

Some of Mr. Mankowitz's work can also be found in the book, 'ROLLING STONES 40 X 20'. Check these out if you ever get the chance...
Pam
[Edited by parmeda]
10-28-02 07:10 AM
Scot Rocks
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Do you know which book they were refering to Mark?

I have a book, 'THE STONES 65-67', by Gered Mankowitz. (It's signed, and I'm very excited to have it!) There is a photo of Charlie with a paint brush up one of his nostrils...(very comical!). It seems Mr. Markowitz really has 'the knack' in which he's captured some of their best candid moments.

Some of Mr. Mankowitz's work can also be found in the book, 'ROLLING STONES 40 X 20'. Check these out if you ever get the chance...
Pam
[Edited by parmeda]

Yeah, thanks Pam that's the one, I will go and have a browse for them when I get the chance.

Cheers

Mark