ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy Halloween!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Senator Paul Wellstones dies in airplane crash. Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-27-02 11:14 AM
Sir Stonesalot Geez JR, you're not jaded or anything, are you?
10-27-02 12:43 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Geez JR, you're not jaded or anything, are you?

No.........just disgusted with politicians.
10-27-02 01:14 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
JaggaRichards wrote:
As a matter of fact, I do!
People become politicians because they don't want to work for a living.

At least at federal or high-end state level, 90% of them work extremely hard. Extensive travel, various committees attempting to solve complex problems that you know absolutely nothing about, speeches, position papers, investigations, confering with colleagues, building coalitions, etc. I'm guessing most put in 80 hours a week of stressful high-level intellectual work. And then they still have to balance all that with trying to convince half-baked nitwits like yourself to get out and vote for them. Its a tough game.
10-27-02 02:23 PM
Sir Stonesalot I was just about to make that point Moonie. I've become pretty good friends with a PA State Representative...not from my district anymore. I wouldn't wish his schedule on anyone. We have to schedule getting together for a beer, or playing 9 holes of golf MONTHS in advance. Even then he usually has to cancel out at the last minute. You'd think that when congress isn't in session that his schedule would be a little lighter...if anything it's worse. I can safely say that this guy works at the very least 65-80 hours per week....that makes his hourly wage less than mine.

Are there asshole politicians that aren't worth a skinny nickle? Yup. Are ALL politicians like that? No way, in fact, even today, the good ones vastly outnumber the bad.

Hey JR...if you think you can do a better job, why don't YOU run for office? Or are you just one of those people that just sits around on your ass and bitches about things?

My original point, and I stand by it, is that the death of a family in a plane crash is tragic, regardless of occupation, or the political party, of the victims. People who think otherwise are pathetic and downright sickening as human beings.
10-27-02 02:35 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

My original point, and I stand by it, is that the death of a family in a plane crash is tragic, regardless of occupation, or the political party, of the victims. People who think otherwise are pathetic and downright sickening as human beings.

I am in total agreement SS. Unbelievable, some off the comments.

Mark

10-27-02 05:22 PM
glencar Well, I've never agreed with Wellstone's politics & this tragedy does make next week's elections even more interesting. However, it is a tragedy for his family & his supporters & I hope the people on the doomed plane rest in peace.
Page: 1 2