ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy Halloween!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Senator Paul Wellstones dies in airplane crash. Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-25-02 02:46 PM
jb This is tragic....his wife and daughter also perished. God bless them.
10-25-02 03:03 PM
sandrew I wasn't a fan, but neither he nor his family deserve that fate. Horrible... With the bait-and-switch in NJ (where I'm from originally) and now this, it looks like this year's Senate race is going to be as bizarre as last year's (with the Carnahan deal and, later, the Jeffords switcheroo).
10-25-02 03:13 PM
riffhard64 never liked Senator Welfare at all..kinda puts the commies..er..i mean the dems little plan of taking advantage of MN same day voter registration law by bussing in the commie/activists in from out of state in a funk huh...lol...and his wife cant get his seat cause she was in the plane too unlike in MO ...dark day for liberals...thank god i am NOT one!!..
10-25-02 03:37 PM
Maxlugar Don't worry, his baby sitter will step in and win the sympathy vote.

Sad for him though.

The Communist Party has plenty of relief pitchers available, too.

10-25-02 03:43 PM
nankerphelge I'm sure old Tom Daschole is shaking his head as it all slips away!
10-25-02 03:47 PM
Nellcote Looks like the Dems lost the majority for 10 days.
What a lousy way to lose

Can't they strap the two shooters on a drone, fly them
over Iraq instead?
10-25-02 03:47 PM
Nellcote Nanky, don't forget Dickless Gephardt!
10-25-02 03:50 PM
kath seems like something you might enjoy..the more/faster/higher you click the more appears

http://doody36.home.attbi.com/liberty.htm
10-25-02 04:00 PM
riffhard64 pretty cool Kath
10-25-02 04:05 PM
ThrillFreakUncleSam You guys are all classless pricks.
10-25-02 04:09 PM
kath hey!!! i may be classless, buddy...but i am NOT a prick!!
10-25-02 04:11 PM
nankerphelge I've seen plenty of classy non-pricks

I was never impressed
10-25-02 04:12 PM
Nellcote WTF? Tell me the type of thrills Uncle Sam ever had anyway?

Just noting fact, the Dems loose the majority with this fellow's passing.It is a cruel way, however, that is the fact, jack, er Sam, whateva!

10-25-02 04:23 PM
sirmoonie My secretary is crying down the hall. When you guys are done high-fiving each other, let me know if I should go laugh at her and call her a commie or something.

Thanks is advance!
10-25-02 04:23 PM
kath just as long as everybody understands my status..that's ALL i care about....
10-25-02 08:11 PM
myremedy A terrible loss. He was one of the very best.
10-25-02 08:42 PM
greenpete I agree, Wellstone was a class act. It's a tragedy.

The Dems will hold on to the Senate, only because the "other party" has so many classless morons like some of those who posted above.
10-25-02 10:04 PM
riffhard64 Liberalism is a mental disease and Sen.Welfare was infected...but, it's all over now!!....
10-25-02 10:51 PM
kath pardon me. it's difficult for me to adjust to be being on a stones board that seems to be predominatly republican right wingers, with a few nazis thrown in. very odd.
10-25-02 10:55 PM
Busch1 Riffhard64
Say what you want about Wellstone's politics, but he was one of the few honest people in Washington. I don't care whether you're conservative, liberal or moderate - anytime someone like that is lost, the system gets a little worse. Just makes it even worse that he met a fate like this.
If Washington was filled with people who had as much class as Wellstone, regardless of their political affiliation, we'd be a lot better off.
10-25-02 10:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl If you want a Rolling Stones forum with a message board dedicated to politics, there's one, guess where? AT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE!!!!! http://www.rollingstones.com

Any time someone starts a thread about something related with politics it always goes wrong. Please avoid it, THANKS IN ADVANCE.
10-25-02 11:20 PM
stonedinaustralia well i don't know if it's predominantly that way - it's just that those of that persuasion are perhaps just a little more vocal about it

for me it's not so much what a person's political/philosophical views are, the question is why they hold the views that they do and how did they reach them

for myself, i'm far more tolerant of those with different views to mine if i can see the rhyme and reason behind their position than i am of those who might hold the same views as me but for completely different (and in my view) wrongheaded reasons arrived at through woolly thinking

i think it's a common misconception that to be a stones fan one must be of a "liberal" persuasion

certainly, rock and roll in general and the stones in particular have presented an antiauthoritarian attitude and good examples of the music always carry that overtone but for mine the real purpose of the stuff is that it is the heavy artillery in the war against boredom, drabness and all things ordinary

one of the keystones of the stones" greatness (imo)is that the world view that generally comes across in their music is essentially amoral (not immoral) and apolitical -
as they say "every cop is a criminal and all the sinners saints"

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
10-25-02 11:24 PM
stonedinaustralia sorry voodoo -didn't see your post before i submitted my last - i concurr - if it doesn't go wrong it just goes nowhere
10-26-02 10:32 AM
Sir Stonesalot You know, politics is a temporary, fluid, thing. Power swings from party to party. It isn't static. A party can lose power, yet make a comeback.

Death is ultimate, and forever. There is no comeback.

The sniper deserves to die. Sen. Wellstone & his family did not deserve to die, regardless of what you think of his politics.

There is such a thing as priorities. Some people here need to get a handle on those.
10-26-02 10:53 AM
Scottfree Many people died yesterday, they just weren't politicians. If Welfare joins the Founding Fathers in spirit, he needs to prepare himself for one hell of an interogation.
10-26-02 12:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot No shit SF, did more than just the Wellstones die yesterday? I never woulda guessed that.

Well, I've had close family die. I know what it is like. I have sympathy for ALL the families that lost a loved one yesterday. But those people were not being discussed in this thread. This thread was about Sen. Wellstone and his family were the subject of the thread. That is why I only spoke of them.

I happen to feel that if people can't put aside political philosophy for a minute to recognize what a terrible thing this was...not politically, but humanly...then those people are pretty pathetic.

Politics is NOT more important than lives. Period.
10-26-02 04:28 PM
JaggaRichards Who cares? One less cheap politician taking my tax $$$ away from me!
10-26-02 10:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Sometimes the shit I read on this message board makes me ill.

10-26-02 10:40 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
JaggaRichards wrote:
Who cares? One less cheap politician taking my tax $$$ away from me!

Let me guess, you work like real, real hard for your money too.
10-27-02 10:37 AM
JaggaRichards
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Let me guess, you work like real, real hard for your money too.

As a matter of fact, I do!
People become politicians because they don't want to work for a living.
Page: 1 2