ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy Halloween!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Exciting News! Return to archive
10-24-02 07:37 PM
MRD8 I know that all the news now is centered on the current tour(As it should be!) but I've just got something in that has amazed me and I thought I'd share it with you! The same guy who remastered Ladies & Gentlemen with the great quality picture/sound(Tom Bush) has sent me a five song DVD sampler of his next project...he's calling it Some Girls In The Dome and it is a COMPLETE concert video from the '78 tour with incredible quality picture and, GET THIS, he synced in the sound from the Handsome Girls recording!!! The video is the July 13, 1978 New Orleans Superdome show...if any of you have it in your collection you'll know that the picture quality is horrible...and the sound is even worse! Where he got such a great print of the show I have no idea...! He tells me he hopes to have it ready to sell by the holidays...I'll keep you posted when I get the whole thing...
10-24-02 07:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl this is good news! The footage I have from the 1978 shows and the MTV rehearsals, etc are all in real bad quality from the source.
10-24-02 08:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey that sounds really cool. I've never seen any '78 footage that looks decent. So you are saying that he's using Handsome Girls as the audio source for the New Orleans show? But there aren't any New Orleans tracks on Hansome Girls...at least not on the version I have.

I just got his L&G DVD. He did a decent job on it. It has some things that could be done better, but a good effort none the less.

My pal FPM and I are gonna remaster L&G too. I know I have a better audio source, and FPM's video source is just as good, if not better. I don't know if it will turn out as good as Tom's, but it can't hurt to try.
10-24-02 09:09 PM
Maxlugar Sounds promising.

I hope he has the same audio for the video though.

10-24-02 09:12 PM
full moon How do I get a copy of L+G from this guy?? Thanks...
10-24-02 10:39 PM
Cooper The Handsome Girls box has the Dallas/Ft Worth show which there is a 30 min video of! There is a New Orleans 78 video which is horrible quality! The DVD he is doing is Ft Worth i would bet!But it would be great if the New Orleans show would turn up! I have a Pretty decent quality Ft Worth video!
Bill/Coop
10-25-02 04:53 AM
MRD8 He's using a copy of New Orleans that he got from a guy in California...it came on 21 beta format tapes...he is having to go through and capture them onto his Mac then sync the sound in...of course he can't put in the dialoge because Mick didn't say the same things in NO that he said in Ft. Worth...he's sent me five songs on a DVD and I've been blown away!!! His name is Tom and his email address is [email protected] if you want to ask him questions yourself or order his great L&G DVD...
10-25-02 09:01 AM
Maxlugar So he's using video from NO and audio from Ft Worth?

I know he didn't say the same things between songs but you really think they played it note for note too?

Seems cheesey to me.
10-25-02 09:12 AM
scope
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
So he's using video from NO and audio from Ft Worth?

I know he didn't say the same things between songs but you really think they played it note for note too?

Seems cheesey to me.

Could turn out looking like one of those dubbed foreign movies. The words stop but the mouth keeps moving.
10-25-02 04:32 PM
MRD8 I don't know how he's doing it but the five songs he sent to me look/sound incredible! I can't wait for the rest of it...
10-25-02 05:31 PM
Half Nanker I got the "Ladies & Gentlemen" from him and while it was a marked improvement over anything else that was out at the time, he chopped out some stuff to assist in the synching. So, there are like blacked out moments in between tracks or "chapters" that show where the editing/synching is done. It comes off much like CDR burns with 3 second gaps in between tracks. I know that he will get more fluent with these projects but, I questioned the message I got on this '78 project. I was told New Orleans with "Handsome Girls" dubbed in. These are totally different shows! Don't do it!!! Find a low generation of the FT. Worth '78 and work with that. It's the best out there. Or, just as good would be to find a decent audio of the New Orleans show and dub that into the Good N.O. video. That would be just as cool, if you ask me.