ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy Halloween!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pulling a Nolte! Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-24-02 08:44 AM
nankerphelge Nolte Charged With Use of Date-Rape Drug GHB

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) � Actor Nick Nolte was driving under the influence of the date-rape drug GHB when he was arrested last month, dazed and drooling, behind the wheel of his automobile, prosecutors charged today.
In a criminal complaint filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Nolte, 61, is charged with driving under the influence and use of a controlled substance, both misdemeanors, in connection with his Sept. 11 arrest.

The two-time Oscar nominee, who checked himself into a substance abuse clinic in Connecticut three days after his arrest, is to be arraigned on the charges on Monday, said district attorney spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons.

The complaint identifies the drug found in Nolte's system as the synthetic depressant Gamma-Hydroxybutyrate, or GHB, a clear liquid chemical, which, like the drug Rohypnol, has a history of being used by date rapists to sedate their victims.

---

So, I have some questions.

Was Nick planning on taking himself home and fucking himself? Did he pour beer on his hand to get "his date" drunk? Or did he slip one in some woman's drink at a bar, and she saw it and pulled the old "switcheroo" on him!!

Whatever the story ultimately is, I think anyone that is stumbling around drooling on hisself can now be referred to officially as "pulling a Nolte"

10-24-02 09:31 AM
Maxlugar Awesome Nanks!

What kind of troubles must a 61 year old washed up actor have that he is taking a date rape drug?

What a fucking loser!

Having said that, you can find me "Pulling a Nolte" most every Friday Night down at the Subterranean Tavern at Casa De Maxy.

"Just Sit, Sip and Salivate. Ronnie!"
10-24-02 09:34 AM
nankerphelge Yeah! I think Voodoo pulled a Nolte at YOTI!!

And we love him for it!
10-24-02 09:46 AM
Maxlugar I'm still not sure if I did that night myself.

At least I didn't drool on the mic during my appearance on The WB ch11.

"Sing Can't You Hear Me Knockin' until my anus drools, Ronald!"
10-24-02 09:48 AM
steel driving hammer Still Driving Hammered!

Anyone going to see Jack Ass The Movie?

Funny shit.
10-24-02 10:24 AM
Riffhard Pulling a Nolte! Gotta love that! I have pulled some Oscar worthy Nolte's in my day!

Maxy,you were fine at YOTI. You were useing the urinal right next to mine and you never once pissed on my leg. The only Nolte's being pulled were by our good friend Gerardo. I guess if I ended up in NYC via Mexico totaly unannounced and unexpected,I'd of pulled a Tequila induced,chiba inspired Nolte myself!

Riffhard
10-24-02 10:30 AM
jb No..but saw "Bowling for Columbine"..very funny and scary!!!
10-24-02 10:51 AM
nankerphelge Nuthin quite like a tequila/chiba Nolte!! Almost guaranteed to happen with that combo!

When I was living in New Orleans back in '85 I got so fucked up on tequila and chiba with two guys from Mississippi, they actually lashed me to a dock and let me barf in the bayou all nite -- they'd swing by every hour or so and spray me with Off! to keep the Lousianna skeeters from carrying me away. I think that qualifies as a Full Nolte versus a half Nolte or quarter Nolte!!
10-24-02 11:45 AM
sirmoonie Ahh man, there is nothing better than new material in the hands of my favorite cyber-goons!

In honor of Nanky's discovery, I think I'll fire up a mini-Nolt over the noon hour.

"Hey barspank, would you be so kind as to draw me an Imperial pint of your finest Nolt? What? Look, just gimme me my usual allright? Say, nobody has been in here asking about me, have they?"
10-24-02 11:54 AM
Sir Stonesalot I pulled a full Nolte once in a shopping mall. I took 2 quaaludes and washed it down with half a bottle of Jack Daniels...my buddy did the same, and he was driving. We made it to the mall OK, but as we entered the mall is when things started going wrong.

"Mike" lost his equalibrium, crashed through an art display, and walked through a fountain. I started to feel ill, and crawled into one of those indoor jungle mall planters. How "Mike" found me before security did, I'll never know. He said he spotted my sneakers sticking out, and luckily I was still in them. Somehow we made it out to the car and passed out for a while. When we woke up, we were pretty good...we ended up finding our girlfriends and drinking another bottle of JD. That was the last time I ever ate ludes. Well, 2 at one time anyhow. I think I only ever took halves after that. Wicked stuff those ludes.
10-24-02 12:02 PM
sirmoonie 'luuuuuuudddddes!!! Holy shit, its been years, but I think I'm still fucked up from my last go-round with those whacky little fellows. They do not, and I repeat DO NOT, mix well with alcohol. Or they do. Depends what you are trying to do with yourself.

Ludes and beer call out to you "Come my son, come to Nolte country."
10-24-02 12:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot I pretty much quit pill popping altogether. I still treat myself to some medication every once in a blue moon. I still have about half a bottle of Vicodin. I'll eat a couple of those when I'm really Jonesin'

They don't mix with the alky too well either.
10-24-02 12:11 PM
Nasty Habits Pills and I have never ever ever gotten along - they put me straight to sleep. I can't even imagine functioning within their haze in a social context. I might be drooling on myself, but it would be in that charming 3 year old who's fallen asleep in his supper way, on account of my head would be at the bar.

The last full Nolte I pulled was in a lesbian bar. Visiting an old friend of mine from Missouri, seeing how her side of the fence partied. Tequila. Jack Daniels. No dinner.

Soon I was trying to bribe the DJ into playing some Rolling Stones. I would not take no for an answer.

I wanted to dance with lesbians to Honky Tonk Women. Is that so wrong?

I think I'm banned from Minneapolis now.

10-24-02 12:34 PM
nankerphelge Attempting to dance with lesbians to HTW is a sure sign of a full Nolte -- as is sneakers hanging out of a mall planter!

More! I want everyone to disclose all Noltes immediately!!
10-24-02 12:39 PM
sirmoonie I quite sure I can dredge a few out of the muck and mire that is my mind.

Maybe this should be a Sticky? I'm sure we can run this puppy up to 500 posts!

Can we do it Jaxx? Can we? Can we? Can we? Huh? Huh? Can we?
10-24-02 12:52 PM
steel driving hammer Ya'll see in today's USA Today the Stones will open the Latin America Video Awards.

Catch it on the Prime Time...

Maybe Mick will nail another one of those babes down there too.
10-24-02 01:02 PM
Maxlugar One night I Noltied until about 3:00AM.

I was very concerned about driving and was determined to do the right thing.

So I grabbed a cab. Literally.

I got in and the cab driver was like "Just hold on a minute I gotta make a call"

I was all like "OK mishter, I jush wai' here..."

He was gone for about 30 seconds when Maxy grew very agitated.

I jumped over the seat and behind the wheel I got.

I drove home and parked the cab a few houses away.

Maxy not good! Maxy not good!

The next morning I saw it and it all came back to me. God did that make me laugh!

So like a good conservative republican, I called my stolen cab in by annonymous tip and they came and got it.

ROCK IT!!!
10-24-02 01:10 PM
Martha

Rorer 714's

I (vaugely) remember those...the first time I ate one I realized one was the equivalent of drinking a case of beer...no particular brand. Never mix never worry.

I then remember when they came out as Lemon 714's.

I have ex-rated drug-induced tales...so I can't tell them here ..sorry. Suffice it to say I got very Nolte-esque in my hey day.

I don't know if I drooled...but I coulda' ended up like Bonzo on one occasion. Pukin' in bed in a blackout....my first husband saved me from drownin' that night.

I still dig pills..but keep it to a minimum...marinol is my current favorite..mild and manaegable.

I also will do a 5 mil. valium ONLY if my back is giving me fits. No more partying on that memory erasing shit. Did six 10's once (70's) and was sick for two days..learned my lesson.

I'm not into droolin' these days and think that's a good thing.

Don't drink any alcohol and in fact can't stand the smell of it.

I am currently hittin' the chiba after hours...just a wee tad though, after a six year hiatus..I'm no longer into obliteration...probably a good thing.

Keep those crazy stories coming...l conjured up a visual image outta that one!

Great stuff..as I've now come to expect from the RO family!
10-24-02 01:11 PM
luxury1 Why, I've never Nolted. I'm much too sophisticated for such behavior.
10-24-02 01:14 PM
steel driving hammer Pick it up, throw it down, hold it back and go back on it...
10-24-02 01:27 PM
sirmoonie High school years: Me and buddy cruising strip looking for girlies. Say "yo" to a pair in car next to us. Agreement is made to pull over at next convenience store. Pull in. Paydirt! College chicks! Beer is shared, chiba is shared, agreement is made to meet at girlies apartment near campus! They take off, we follow a few minutes behind.

I'm all Noltied up like a vintage 99' Ronnster and the chiba the girlies had did me no good. No good attall. Me and buddy walking thru pool area of apartment complex looking for girlies' apartment when I do an Exorcist type projectile vomit. We're talking fire hose blast action. Think man, think! Need fresh breath! Can't blow this opportunity for college [edited by sirmoonie]! I start munching down nearby shrubbery which just happens to be very poisonous Oleander. My buddy is literally ROTFLHAO. Apparently, I wasn't even bothering to use my hands, just jawing down Oleander leaves like one of those big dinosaurs with long necks!

All's well that ends well. For god knows what reason the Oleander didn't kill me and my girlie didn't seem to mind my shrubbery breath. Found heaven in her arms too.

Next up, sirmoonie goes to college.
10-24-02 02:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ahhhh yes my dear martha...Valium. I became very well aquainted with Mr. V while in college.

I tore up an ankle during a soccer game. It was really embarrassing, my entire family was there watching. I hadn't given up a goal in 3 games, and we were playing cross town rival York College. Most of us played together on weekends, so our official match was pretty rough and tumble. A ball comes in the box, I come off my line to scoop it up, and some prick slides me from the blind side. I go down in a heap, pain searing thru my right ankle. I knew it was pretty bad, but I hung onto the ball. I got my revenge on the prick that did me up, but that is another story for another time. Anyhow, they had to bring in an ambulance to take me to the hospital for x-rays. School liability would not allow for my parents to just drive me over there.

Turns out there was just some ligament & tendon damage, no break. Actually, a break would probably been less painful.

Pain, this is the point of my story. The doc prescribed valium for me. Man that stuff was great. He prescibed a whole lot of it. Piles of the stuff. So one night I discovered the joys of V&V...vodka and valium. I went thru a whole V&V stage of my life. I'm missing entire months of 1988. I can't believe I never got arrested. I was a fucking animal there for a while. If I didn't wake up bloody in the morning, I figured I didn't have much fun. The best thing that ever happened to me was when those scripts finally ran out. I quit that shit cold turkey. I don't ever wanna go back there.
10-24-02 02:41 PM
luxury1 OK, I can't stand it. I tried to ignore the "pulling a Nolte" bait, but I weaken........I believe I would win for most recent -- I just have to find that EMT from the Hartford Oct 5 show to get all the details correct.
10-24-02 02:51 PM
nankerphelge This oughta be good...
10-24-02 03:58 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey Luxy!

You picked the wrong EMT! You shoulda picked me! You would have been in very good hands. I give mouth to mouth like you wouldn't believe.

BTW, I got a new burner up & running. Expect your Mickboy discs real soon. They get mailed tomorrow.
10-24-02 03:59 PM
nankerphelge As I think more about it, as a general rule, if someone else has to tell you what happened, it is more than likely a full Nolte.

Also, if the first thing the EMT suspected or treated you for is rabies, its almost definitely a full Nolte!

And if any equipment was used to remove excess fluids from any part of your upper respiratory system -- you can be pretty sure it was a Nolte.

10-24-02 04:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, as an EMT I can tell you, I ain't giving mouth to mouth to anyone full of "fluid". I'll let the paramedic suction and intubate.

Funny, blood doesn't bother me. Traumas don't bother me. But puke I don't deal well with. I can deal with my own barf, but not someone else's barf.

I was recently offered a part time position with one of the local EMS companies. I politely declined. One, I don't have time for another job. Two, I don't want people puking on me.
10-24-02 04:42 PM
sirmoonie When the police report includes "urinated," "profanity," and "disorderly," chances are you're approaching full-Nolte at warp speed.

Ouch! Try explaining that to the Board of Examiners.
10-24-02 05:40 PM
stonedinaustralia well i'm not particularly proud of this little story but i will post it as a cautionary tale for our yonger readers as it shows the dangers of mixing tequila not with chiba but rather with a broken heart

there was no drooling but certainly plenty of bleeding

about three years ago my then common law wife announced that it was OVER and I subsequently descended into a bit of a "lost weekend" that lasted a couple of years

anyway, one saturday night a couple of weeks after the big announcement i went down to the local inn to drown my sorrows where i proceeded to down about three quarters of a bottle of straight tequila in what was probably not much more than 45 minutes (understandably the exact details are not quite clear) - the next thing i remember was coming to in the hotel grounds covered in blood from cuts around my right eye... i thought the hotel security had done it and at the time i thought my injuries simply consisted of the cuts (i tell you i was well aneastithised)... so i then walked (staggered/swam) home about a mile and lapsed back into unconciousness after knocking back a couple of red wines once i got there(i know, it all sounds like sheer bloody madness)...next morning i awoke to find i had been severely stomped - self diagnosis revealed a black eye , cuts to the eyebrow, at least two cracked ribs,a fractured cheekbone and some thing wrong with at least a couple of the verterbrae in my lumbar spine (getting in and out of bed or the car was murder but i recovered)

as i say i figured it was the hotel security that had done it as apparently i had begun to become a trifle rude and obnoxious towards the other patrons (they subsequently banned me from the pub for three months - although in return i banned the pub from me for about nine)- however, a few weeks later a chap i know who lives in town told me that he saw me leaving the hotel and begin walking home down the middle of the road... a car approached from behind and the driver blew the horn for me to get out of the way (which i did), however, as they passed i decided to give them a few words of advice to go on with upon which the car pulled up and three guys got out - i then ran (or at least moved away as quickly as i could) - they gave chase, caught me and then beat the daylights out of me

i do now have a vauge recollection of lying on the ground and being kicked repeatedly from all sides - thinking to myself "just go with it - don't try to resist or fight as that will only make things worse"

as i say, i take no great pride in recounting this episode and am somewhat apprehensive that, in telling it, those of you on the board whom i now consider my friends will see me in a less favourable light - i can assure you this was very abberant behaviour on my part i was living under a very dark cloud at the time (no excuse, i know, but at least an explanation)- i can get a little boisterous but always strive to remain polite and rational - but i've gone to the trouble of putting it down so i may as well put it out there

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
10-24-02 06:10 PM
nankerphelge Less favorable light? That's a great story (other than the fact you got yer rock burried).

That's the whole reason I can't drink tequila -- I get mouthy as hell. Once climbed up on big Harley hanging from the ceiling of a bar called Ralphs in Worcester, Mass. Cop told me to get down and all I could do was keep asking him if those were real bullets he was sportin'!!! Amazing he didn't fucking shoot me down!

Definitely a Nolte on your part -- someone else had to tell you what happened!
Page: 1 2