ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy Halloween!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don't Stop (Rock Remix) Return to archive
10-21-02 01:21 PM
Starfucker The track can be found here:
http://download.nullsoft.com/pub/mu...Don't_Stop.wma

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
10-21-02 01:23 PM
steel driving hammer Is that single officialy out in stores?

Can't get enough of that song.
10-21-02 01:36 PM
RubyFriday thanks for the link,this works:

http://download.nullsoft.com/pub/mu...Don't_Stop.wma
10-21-02 01:55 PM
TT In Germany it�s out for 5 days or so. track 2 is the Rock Mix (harder guitars, different drumsound)and the Miss You maxiversion from 78.
10-21-02 01:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Starfucker for the link and RubyFriday for correcting the hypelink, as some charcters like ' & %

BTW, there are two Mick Jagger tracks there

http://download.nullsoft.com/pub/mu..._Call_Me_Up.wma

http://download.nullsoft.com/pub/mu..._Everything.wma
10-21-02 04:17 PM
egon and this was a "remix" i downloaded?
10-21-02 04:26 PM
Nellcote My ears heard a different version, with extra Jagger call outs towards the end of the tune. Great to have it, Thanks!
10-24-02 11:04 AM
padre I think this version beats the crap out of the original! The guitars sound much better. They should've released this instead the one that's out now. Gotta have this!! Any place I can order it?
10-24-02 11:47 AM
Riffhard I got it at the radio station I work at. It's on a 5 song demo disc called Four New Licks with both versions of Don't Stop(rock remix-guitars up in the mix), Don't Stop(album version),Keys To Your Love,Stealing My Heart,and Losing My Touch.

It's much better and punchier than the album version.

I was also fortunate enough to get the original demo of Don't Stop. That disc has the album version as well as the radio edit version(:29 secs shorter)and the "call out hook."

A call out hook is a short snipet of the song,usually the courus,used in radio surveys.

I'm thinking that these might,one day,be sought after collectibles. I have the demos for Saint Of Me and Out Of Control as well.

Riffhard
10-24-02 12:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot I saw that Fox is using Don't Stop to advertise the upcoming episode of The Simpsons with Mick N Keef.

I almost never see the direct sale ad for 40 Licks though. I think they just did that before it hit the stores.
10-25-02 01:16 PM
stonesmik I bought my version of the single on 30 September, just two songs on it:

A 01 (03:28) Don't stop (edit)
A 02 (04:00) Don't stop (new rock mix)

Interesting, it seems Allen Klein even earns some money from the single:

(P) 2002 Virgin Music Holland B. V.
(C) 2002 ABKCO Music & Records Inc, and Promotone B. V., issued under a joint venture between Virgin Music Holland B. V. and Universal Music Operations Limited in conjunction with ABKCO Music & Records Inc.

I like the part about the joint, though.
10-25-02 06:40 PM
lucasd4 This remix sounds great....the guitars are much higher in the mix and the vocals are lower...Jagger's voice blends in with the instrumental sound instead of overpowering it like most modern Stones mixes....sounds like a classic Stones mix from the old days....the chugging rhythm guitar part in the left channel sounds a lot like "Crazy Mama"...does anyone else hear that????
[Edited by lucasd4]
[Edited by lucasd4]
10-25-02 08:22 PM
justinkurian Has this been released commercially in the States? If not, does anyone know when it will be?
10-26-02 03:38 AM
padre Just saw at a local record store a single with 3 tracks:
1. Dont Stop (edit)
2. DS (rock mix)
3. Miss You (extended version)