ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
©eharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 10 Questions for Ron Wood - The answers Return to archive
25th October 2007 09:29 AM
moy 10 Questions for Ron Wood
Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2007
Ron Wood of The Rolling Stones
Jonathan Daniel / GettyArticle

You were often the mediator between Keith Richards and Mick Jagger. How do you feel about your role in keeping the band together? —Kathy Lenard, Broomall, Pa.

It is an institution that is well worth keeping together. So I took it upon myself to stop the arguing as best I could. It wasn't just the songwriting. It was having to go through life, day to day. Sometimes that is really hard, and things get misread. I tried to heal the wounds and am proud of myself for that.

I hear that in the book you say Keith once pointed a gun at you and cut you with a broken bottle. Were you ever afraid he might actually kill you? —Andy Baker, Des Moines, Iowa

It was just part of living with Keith at the time. It was like, "You are going to kill me. Go ahead." Then he would say, "I would, but look at all the mess me and your wife would have to clean up afterwards." It was like brothers arguing, and it could turn bad, or we could have a laugh. Our sense of humor pulled us over those dodgy times.

Is it true that Mick and Keith often forget how to play your greatest hits? —George Rosenburg, Ithaca, N.Y.

It is true that sometimes they do forget. [Laughs.] As it says in my book, "Just because I wrote it doesn't necessarily mean I know it." I need prompting too, but I am ahead of the game as far as remembering what they should know.

Was your music affected by drugs for better or for worse? —Aaron Muller, Kansas City, Kans.

Sometimes it was affected for the good. Cocaine used to make you come out with these incredible ideas. We would have a line and go, "Yeah, that is a great song." I can only think of the good items that came out of it, but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody starting out.

You have made comments about Amy Winehouse's alleged drug and alcohol abuse. Do you have any advice for her? —Mike Moll, Bethlehem, Pa.

I think Amy should hang out with winners more than dealers. Sometimes when you are that talented, you are the last one to realize it. So you tend to hide your talent behind getting high. I have been there.

Do you think modern recording techniques have a bad effect on musicians? —M.S. Freedman, Los Angeles

No, I think it is a good thing. Nowadays you can record on your laptop with Pro Tools, which I do quite often. Within one hour I can go in, play my guitar and walk away knowing they can mix it any way they wish. I can't work [the technology] myself. It is quite frustrating. But if I can sit and play and it gets done in five minutes, then it is great!

Are you really broke? How is that possible? —Angie Silverstein, Salt Lake City

I have been rich, and I have been broke. Some of it is my fault for choosing bad management and making bad investments. But that is life—we all take risks. At the moment, I am on a good upswing financially. But that could all change in a minute.

You have a second career as a painter. Has any particular style influenced you? —Edward Romero, Madrid

I am a big fan of the Impressionists, and in my school days, I was inspired by Caravaggio, Vel�zquez and Rembrandt. All the early influences are still there, but I tried to take my painting in a different way—towards an Expressionist form. I love to get into a landscape and paint my horses. When I come to London, I go to the Royal Opera House and paint the ballerinas. I love the human form, and I like to capture movement in everything that I paint.

Do you have an iPod? If so, what's on it? —Meghan Wieckowski, Boston

Oh, yeah—5,000 songs loaded straight away. I have anything from Mozart to Marley.

Why did you turn down a guest appearance on CSI? —Kristen Taylor, London

I haven't turned it down. It is still an ongoing thing. They said I could play Uncle Ron the safecracker. [Laughs.] I would love to do that, but it would be a challenge to actually pull it off. I am a big fan of CSI: Las Vegas. The programs are quite good fun. But Law & Order: Special Victims Unit is really my favorite. You've got Ice-T. It's fantastic
25th October 2007 09:58 AM
gustavobala great, but, where my questions? where my answers?

nothing again?

25th October 2007 10:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels >Cocaine used to make you come out with these incredible ideas.<

Man, does that quote press some buttons!
25th October 2007 10:36 AM
Saint Sway good questions and great answers!!

Ronnie gives much more insightful and honest answers than either of Glimmers

25th October 2007 11:22 AM
Paranoid_Android Is anyone from RO? SHIDOOBEE?
25th October 2007 11:27 AM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
great, but, where my questions? where my answers?

nothing again?

Yeah! I had a good queston better than that ipod queston.
25th October 2007 11:30 AM
gimmekeef The biggest questions of all were left out..."The Future"?
25th October 2007 11:31 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The biggest questions of all were left out..."The Future"?

Ronnie finds out such things the same time we do.
25th October 2007 11:58 AM
BONOISLOVE I love questions. They make me so handsome and caring about the fuiture of our children. Especially the ones who made my shoes.
25th October 2007 02:35 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Ronnie finds out such things the same time we do.

Mel long term no doubt..but I'm sure Ronnie would know if April is more than just our wishful thinking.....
25th October 2007 02:41 PM
mojoman got wood?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)