ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
Šeharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Led Zep - where to stay and drink in London? Return to archive
24th October 2007 11:16 AM
nankerphelge Legal assistant in my firm just won 2 tix.
Knows nothing of London.
Figured some of you recent travelers have insight on where to stay and drink.

Thanks in advance.

nanky
24th October 2007 11:20 AM
steel driving hammer Word to your UPPER ASSISTANT EAST COAST PROMO GIRL!

http://www.information-britain.co.uk/typestowns.cfm?county=16&type=Pub%20and%20Bar

It's just a click away....
24th October 2007 11:23 AM
egon nank,

She has 2 (two) tickets, so i would tell her that you know london EXTREMELY well.

Tell her it's dangerous & that they hate americans.
But you (man of the world) will take care of her.

Next, you buy Lonely planet London.
24th October 2007 11:36 AM
SweetVirginia Egon...we could send her to Mason's Arms and hope she ends up taking Marc to see Zep.
24th October 2007 11:47 AM
gypsy
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
It's just a click away....

I just woke up - and I thought that said "It's just a dick away...."
24th October 2007 11:49 AM
egon
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Egon...we could send her to Mason's Arms and hope she ends up taking Marc to see Zep.

i was gonna suggest that, but i didn't remeber the name of the pub marc works in.

I'm impressed you do! lol
24th October 2007 12:58 PM
nankerphelge It's actually a guy I work with.
But thanks for the tips in picking up chicks!
I wasn't quite sure how that all works.

24th October 2007 01:54 PM
egon
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
It's actually a guy I work with.
But thanks for the tips in picking up chicks!
I wasn't quite sure how that all works.

So it's a guy,
you want to go to London or what?!
24th October 2007 02:05 PM
nankerphelge Not nearly that bad!
24th October 2007 02:10 PM
LadyJane This posting is HIGHLY disturbing.

For the love of God will one of you give Nanky some tips on WHERE his MALE co-worker can have some drinks on his way to and from the O2...presumably with a dozen hot babes on his arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
24th October 2007 02:10 PM
PartyDoll MEG SV and Egon..Mason's arms is not FRENCH..wasn't it Maison Arms??

And Nanky...he can stay almost anywhere and find plenty of pubs
24th October 2007 02:46 PM
SweetVirginia It wasn't a French pub, girlfriend...it's a Brit pub run by a Frenchman. Mason's Arms...a good English name. Actually, I think there are tons of pubs all over England by that name.

Anyway, Nanky...the Pilot Inn is a great place to tip a few before or after the show. It's a 5 minute walk from the dome. If he takes the tube to the dome, he would turn right out of the plaza where the dome is and go down the walkway past David Beckham's soccer academy and watch for the pub on his right.

Do you know where in London he will be staying?

24th October 2007 02:53 PM
MrPleasant Bill Murray Arrested For Drunk Golf Cart Driving
By Celeb Stink: 2007-08-22 18:36:20

Hollywood star BILL MURRAY has been arrested on suspicion of drunk driving in a golf cart in the Swedish capital Stockholm. The actor was stopped by police in the early hours of Sunday (19Aug07) and alcohol was smelled on his breath, according Stockholm police detective inspector Christer Holmlund.

Holmlund says, "He refused to blow in the (breath test) instrument, citing American legislation. So we applied the old method - a blood test. It will take 14 days before the results are in."

Murray - who is in the city attending a golf tournament - signed a document admitting driving under the influence and permitted a police officer to enter a guilty plea on his behalf if the case goes to court. The 56-year-old will only be charged if his blood alcohol level is higher than the legal limit. If it is excessively high he could face a prison sentence - but a fine is more likely.

Holmlund adds, "There were no obvious signs, like when someone is really tipsy." The officer claims mystery surrounds the golf cart and who owns it - although Murray isn't facing theft charges: "It was a golf cart. How it ended up in this predicament I don't know. "I have done this since 1968 and I've never experienced anything like this."

Copyright 2007 WENN
24th October 2007 02:55 PM
PartyDoll MEG Very good advice, SV..
And he could stay in the area where you stayed..The damn tube stop name has alredy escaped my grey matter..was it Canary Wharf???...but there were lots of restautants and pubs right there by the station.
24th October 2007 03:10 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I just woke up - and I thought that said "It's just a dick away...."

I still wake up hard and still think morning sex is the best, w/ mouthwash first though.
24th October 2007 03:26 PM
nankerphelge He is actually looking for tips on where to stay.
He, like I, has never been to London and is looking for any and all tips on places to stay.

24th October 2007 04:26 PM
Ade North Greenwich Station (Jubilee Line)
for the o2 Arena
24th October 2007 05:31 PM
Fiji Joe Just tell your friend to follow the first Irishman he finds...
24th October 2007 05:39 PM
nankerphelge You know, I wasn't expecting a Fodor's guide or anything -- just a tip or two.

I think the "follow the first Irishman" tip is the best so far.
24th October 2007 05:43 PM
glencar I've been to London a few times but I usually stay in the central part. I did stay here once http://www.londonrussellhotel.co.uk/ and it was nice enough. It's right by the Brit Museum & there are plenty o' pubs about & JIMI HENDRIX DIED THERE! LOL I didn't know that when I was there but I saw it a year later whilst watching an A&E documentary on him.
24th October 2007 07:29 PM
mojoman
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Legal assistant in my firm just won 2 tix.
Knows nothing of London.
Figured some of you recent travelers have insight on where to stay and drink.

Thanks in advance.

nanky

lucky bastard. tell him i'll pay for room and board if he gives me his extra!!!
25th October 2007 08:41 AM
egon The Masons Arms,
51 Upper Berkeley St,
London, W1H 7QW

Marc will take care of him.
25th October 2007 09:01 AM
SweetVirginia Nanky, I just e-mailed LJ some London advice (map, too). She will be forwarding it to you.

SV

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
25th October 2007 09:02 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
egon wrote:
The Masons Arms,
51 Upper Berkeley St,
London, W1H 7QW

Marc will take care of him.

Howe could you have forgotten the name of that place, Egon?!

25th October 2007 11:00 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Howe could you have forgotten the name of that place, Egon?!

I did..I thought it had an "i" in it-lol
But yes, SV..Egon has no excuse.....
25th October 2007 11:37 AM
egon
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Egon has no excuse.....

well actually i do

cue the "coors photo" or any other picture of me that day...
25th October 2007 12:23 PM
MrPleasant If a person wants to drink, he should go to a fucking "convenience store" and purchase a bottle of vodka. Then he should dance around the shop while drinking the bottle. That's the best tip you'll ever hear for the remaining year. Thank you very much.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)