ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
©eharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Red Sox Fans Sentenced to Homework! Return to archive
23rd October 2007 10:32 AM
gimmekeef Double spaced?....lmaooooooo

BOSTON -- Seven rowdy Red Sox fans have a homework assignment, and it has nothing to do with baseball.

A judge has ordered them to write a five-page essay explaining what they have learned from their experience of being arrested after the Red Sox won the American League Championship Series on Sunday night.

The defendants must also provide proof to the court that their parents are aware of their arrests.

The seven were among 26 people -- many of them college students -- charged with disorderly conduct charges. A spokesman for the Suffolk District Attorney's office says many were arrested for ignoring police orders to clear the area around Fenway Park after the game.

Some in the crowd allegedly threw rocks and bottles at police.

23rd October 2007 10:46 AM
Lazy Bones "Don't taz me, bro!"
23rd October 2007 10:55 AM
Nellcote Speaking of homework, here's what Rockies fans are doing....

Rockies Offer Fans Remedial Baseball Lessons to Prepare for World Series

In Colorado, where people have never quite been able to figure out the rules of baseball, Rockies management is quickly putting together remedial “Basics of Baseball” lessons to help their fans learn about the game. Also, to lure fans to the games in cavernous Coors Field, management is offering free ski weekends in some of Colorado’s swankiest ski resorts so that the team won’t have their typical embarrassingly low turnout. Only fifteen people showed up for Opening Day this year, and management had to bus in people from homeless shelters to fill some seats.

“We’re trying to do just enough so that we don’t humiliate ourselves on national television,” said a team representative. “We’ve been instructing fans that they should only be cheering for our team, what a fair and foul ball is, and why the catcher wears a mask. It’s an uphill climb. More people usually attend practices for the Broncos than come to our games. They want cheerleaders. The whole concept of a World Series is confusing them to. Some guy came up to me yesterday and said, ‘Don’t we usually play Taiwan in the World Series? How did Boston make it?’”

Fortunately, the Red Sox should make quick work of the “Just happy to be here” Rockies. And since their football team stinks this year, their fans can get a head start on ski season. “It was brutal trying to explain the infield fly rule,” said the team rep. “Let’s just get to Fenway, take our beating, and be thrilled we got as far as we did.”

23rd October 2007 11:15 AM
gimmekeef Infield fly?.....wasnt there a million of them in Cleveland during the Yankee series?
23rd October 2007 11:26 AM
Nellcote If I recall, it was a pitcher, his name is Jabba The Hut, if I am correct, you should ask Glencar, however....
23rd October 2007 12:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I finally figured it out. They call it the "WORLD SERIES" because that's when the entire world stops and watches the Americans play baseball. This year is exceptionlly universal because even the most isolated, primitive tribes in New Guinea have heard of the Boston Red Sox.
23rd October 2007 01:03 PM
monkey_man Looks like the philanderer is pandering. . .his sleaziness knows no bounds!

GIULIANI COMMITS BASEBALL BLASPHEMY: HE'S ROOTING FOR RED SOX

October 23, 2007 -- BOSTON -- In an act of baseball blasphemy, Yankee die-hard Rudy Giuliani said Tuesday he's pulling for the Boston Red Sox to win the World Series over the Colorado Rockies.
"I'm rooting for the Red Sox," the Republican presidential contender said in response to a question, sparking applause at the Boston restaurant where he was picking up a local endorsement.

"I'm an American League fan, and I go with the American League team, maybe with the exception of the Mets," he said. "Maybe that would be the one time I wouldn't because I'm loyal to New York."

Giuliani's Yankees lost in the first round of the playoffs, then lost their manager when Giuliani's friend, Joe Torre, refused to accept a pay cut and walked away. Giuliani said the Yankees had "a great season."

The former New York City mayor said his declaration of temporary Red Sox loyalty was "not just because I'm here in Massachusetts."

"In Colorado, in the next week or two, you will see, I will have the courage to tell the people of Colorado the same thing, that I am rooting for the Red Sox in the World Series," he said.

Indeed, if Giuliani was pandering, he miscalculated.

In the last presidential election, Colorado went with Republican President Bush, and recent history shows Massachusetts voters would sooner adopt Manhattan clam chowder as the state's official food than vote Republican in 2008.

Of course, just to the north is New Hampshire - home to many Red Sox fans - and the nation's first primary.

23rd October 2007 01:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels That's ridiculous. Of course he'll root for the Sox. If your teams not in you go for the team that reperesents your league. I hate Guiliani personally but this is an unfair critism....
23rd October 2007 01:12 PM
monkey_man You never root for your rival. . . especially a Yankee fan rooting for the Sox. Imagine Ted Kennedy suddenly announcing he's a Yankee fan. . .sickening!
23rd October 2007 02:14 PM
pdog Rudy would blow Ortiz if he thought he would get him votes.
23rd October 2007 05:34 PM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
You never root for your rival. . . especially a Yankee fan rooting for the Sox. Imagine Ted Kennedy suddenly announcing he's a Yankee fan. . .sickening!

Nigga puh-leeze! You didn't give the Shrill Harridan grief when she pretended to root root root for the Yankees, didja?
23rd October 2007 05:51 PM
fireontheplatter go red sox.

pappy makes me happy
23rd October 2007 05:59 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nigga puh-leeze! You didn't give the Shrill Harridan grief when she pretended to root root root for the Yankees, didja?

At least she is a Senator from the same state. An opportunistic ho to be sure! Rudy . . .Sox. . .please!
23rd October 2007 06:02 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:

We wouldn't vote for that dung whore either....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)