ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
Šeharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: kurttttt Return to archive
22nd October 2007 10:06 PM
iluvmickjagger07 what do yall think about kurt cobain?
22nd October 2007 10:07 PM
stonedinaustralia his choice of wife was a huge mistake
22nd October 2007 10:40 PM
The jinn, my friend. http://www.cobaincase.com/
22nd October 2007 10:48 PM
Child of the Moon I try not to.
22nd October 2007 11:27 PM
mrhipfl He was a great writer but overrated guitar player imo. Nevermind is one of the greatest albums ever.
22nd October 2007 11:44 PM
stonedinaustralia quite frankly i had all but given up on "rock and roll" by the late 80's early 90's (and if you were there you would probably underastand why) - Nevermind showed that while things may have been irredeemably fucked up all was not completely lost

Lithium would have to be my favourite track

22nd October 2007 11:46 PM
stonedinaustralia but i tell you what - i can not STAND dave Grohl - he gives me the creeps
23rd October 2007 12:38 AM
pdog only pussies kill themselves...
23rd October 2007 03:04 AM
MrPleasant I think he had good taste (just tell Charlton Heston to, like, GO FUCK HIMSELF, or something) when it came to melodies.

I also think that these bands (and "artists") are over-rated:

1) sex pistols
2) nirvana
3) neil young
23rd October 2007 03:05 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
pdog wrote:
only pussies kill themselves...

I hate pussies.
23rd October 2007 03:22 AM
Jumacfly For me Cobain is the symbol of the last generation of "huge" US Rock bands : Nirvana, Soundgarden, RATM , Red Hot...man the 90's were fantastic!!
Even Courtney recorded good songs with Hole!
Nevermind , Unplugged in NYC, In Utero , I love all these records....they got sound and personality, unlike nowadays band which sound so weak...see the Killers (LOL)

And like SIA, I hate Dave Grohl.
23rd October 2007 03:31 AM
MrPleasant Kurt Cobain thought he was a Republican, and that he loved George W. Bush.

Then he made us all a big favour and then HE DIED!!
23rd October 2007 05:04 AM
FotiniD In my opinion, Kurt Cobain is under-rated. Not only was he the symbol of an entire generation (even if he didn't want that) as Ju pointed out, but his music was unique, innovative, his lyrics were brilliant and all in all he was a fantastic creator. I think he gave rock music the kiss of life - it didn't last long, but it was great while it lasted.

I'll never get over the first time I heard "Rape Me".

And all the suicide stories... Conspiracy theories are nine times out of ten completely stupid, but if you read the various books or even just look into the data, I think it's more than obvious that there was foul play involved in Cobain's case. He had enough heroin in his blood to kill a horse, and yet he managed to shoot his head? Unlikely. Not to mention the position he supposedly shot himself in was impossible (he would never have reached the trigger) and there were no fingerpints found on the gun. One too many weird things if you ask me.
23rd October 2007 07:05 AM
Zack But Fotini dear, if he had enough heroin in his system to kill a horse, he'd still be dead.
23rd October 2007 08:11 AM
Gazza
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
what do yall think about kurt cobain?

His wife seems a lot more fun
23rd October 2007 08:37 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

His wife seems a lot more fun

until she gives you herpes...
23rd October 2007 09:00 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Zack wrote:
But Fotini dear, if he had enough heroin in his system to kill a horse, he'd still be dead.

Of course, but the point is that if he was the one who had injected all of that heroin, why / how could he have shot himself as well? Hence the possibility of foul play. With all that quantity in his bloodstream, he would have already died with the needle still on. No time for playing with guns.
[Edited by FotiniD]
23rd October 2007 09:12 AM
lotsajizz Vedder was smarter than Cobain
23rd October 2007 09:20 AM
sirmoonie Nirvana was a great band and Nevermind came out of nowhere, as RS said "The album that made sure the 90s wouldn't suck."

And his wife was Nation worthy in her heydey, probably still is. She likes to romp.
23rd October 2007 09:20 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Vedder was smarter than Cobain

despite his awful voice , yes!
23rd October 2007 09:28 AM
lotsajizz I love his baritone
23rd October 2007 09:38 AM
Mel Belli As Chris Robinson said of "Nevermind," it was a "nice little Replacements album."
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)