ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
Šeharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chuck Berry 81 years old... Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd October 2007 07:20 PM
fireontheplatter i was never a huge chuck berry fan. but from what i've heard, he is the shit.
i only listen to him on the radio and it is good.

keep on rocking chuck berry
23rd October 2007 07:42 PM
MrPleasant Happy Birthday, Chuck E Cheese!
24th October 2007 06:32 PM
Dino37 Chuck Berry wrote some good tunes but the old fart was never Presley. Presley didn't write RnR - for a few critical years, Presley was RnR. Everyone's been stealing some part of that legacy ever since.

The man was beautiful. Even Dino admits to that simple fact.
25th October 2007 10:11 AM
gustavobala i think chucky are great!!!!

happy b-day chucky berry!
25th October 2007 10:21 AM
gustavobala yes, more than 1.000 posts!

great day!
25th October 2007 03:03 PM
east_river_trucker
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
True I agree w/ alot you say, but would it be fair to say that the reason why Chuck is an asshole is because he was the most stolen from man in rock n' roll?

The tightwad Mick would pissed too!

Maybe. But I'm not entirely convinced. Again, watch the expanded DVDs. When discussing money with Bo Diddly and Little Richard Chuck says he "majored in Math". He has always been a keen business man. He is invested in a bunch of non music things and guards his back catolog religously. Only Mick is possibly a bigger money grubber in the field of rock n roll. Nobody ripps chuck off without a legal fight, if he can help it. Chuck was not poor black. THere were three black neighborhoods in St. Louis. Poor, Middle, and Top. Chuck came for the top neighborhood. He is pretty well educated. HIs sister played classical. Roll Over Beethoven was intended to irritate at her.

You might could blame his asshole behavior on the jail time he has served for things that any white person would not have had to serve. (The time served for the highschool prank in the "stolen" car. The time served for takeing a white girl acrossed state lines for "prostitution".) He has reason to act like an asshole.

The other poster is right. It was the Johnnie Johnson Trio that Chuck "ripped" off. But he also took the Trio into the big time and rock n roll. Johnny Johnson says he has no regerts when it comes to Chuck taking over the trio adn his piano style transcribed for quitar.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)