ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
©eharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is The Biggest Bang worth buying? Return to archive
21st October 2007 07:30 AM
speedfreakjive I am considering purchasing this - opinions on whether its worth the £ / $ welcome......
21st October 2007 07:34 AM
mrhipfl yes.
21st October 2007 10:53 AM
mojoman its for charity
21st October 2007 10:56 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
mojoman wrote:
its for charity

OH, then thats a positive
21st October 2007 11:40 AM
BONOISLOVE Do they know it's christmas?
21st October 2007 11:46 AM
Ade don't bother.
4 Flicks is far superior
[Edited by Ade]
21st October 2007 01:05 PM
fireontheplatter i bought this the first week it came out and i am still digging on it. i really enjoy disc 1 and 2.

yes it is worth every penny so, i say go now and buy it.

21st October 2007 02:04 PM
mojoman
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

OH, then thats a positive

foundation to support the spouse's, lovers, former spouses and children of the rolling stones and co.
21st October 2007 03:44 PM
marko Nope.Only extras are interesting.
21st October 2007 03:54 PM
Jumacfly You just got to buy it for the "Cherry Blossoms" extra, most embarrassing bonus on a Stones DVD.
21st October 2007 03:57 PM
east_river_trucker
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:I am considering purchasing this - opinions on whether its worth the £ / $ welcome......

It's not.  If you want to continue to love the Stones stay away.  This release is another nail in the coffin of the Rolling Stones.  The Stones used to rule!!!!!!!!!!
These DVDs are embarrassing.  Some interesting extras about putting on the shows, but the music sucks. 
I wonder if the video director is kicking himself for agreeing to do this project.  The hack job he had to do to his great camera work on the Texas show to accomodate Mick's overdubs has to irritate him as an artist in his own right.
21st October 2007 05:45 PM
steel driving hammer Check it out at the library for free.
22nd October 2007 01:17 AM
Child of the Moon Yes, yes, and again, YES. The Texas show is wonderful for its rarities, and the Copacabana show? WOW. Such intensity I have not seen from this band in so long. I was on the edge of my seat throughout.

And the extras? Not bad a'tall.
22nd October 2007 04:09 AM
Zack Steelie, if you are going to have a girl's ass in your signature, at least find a nice one. That is the unsexiest backside I've ever seen (except for that one Starbuck used to post)
22nd October 2007 05:18 AM
egon bought it this weekend for euro 35 at virgin.
now all i need is a case of beer and a weekend by myself...
22nd October 2007 05:21 AM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
mojoman wrote:
its for charity

Well, Mick and Keith gotta eat too!
22nd October 2007 07:12 AM
Jumacfly I think 4 Flicks is far better, here it's just the same songs but played in differents places....hey, just like on the tour in fact
22nd October 2007 12:06 PM
CraigP Yes. It's worth every penny. There are many ways in which it is better than FF.
[Edited by CraigP]
22nd October 2007 12:45 PM
Jeep Yes !
Can't live without this useful boxset.

22nd October 2007 02:09 PM
Some Guy I've got but just realized that I haven't played it in a while. I like it!
22nd October 2007 02:20 PM
axl79 Yes, indeed. Lots of good stuff ! you won't regret it.
22nd October 2007 02:58 PM
Paranoid_Android I think FF was alot better, except the Garden HBO show, that director should have been fired!!! Visually that show was crap...like an MTV vid from the 80's...

If you are a completest...why not buy it...it's only 30 bucks...(some)good extras...rarities...and about 12 versions of SMU and JJF...
22nd October 2007 06:07 PM
rockthebox yes!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)