ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
Šeharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SEATTLE 1981, Pro-Shot Return to archive
19th October 2007 06:22 AM
MemoFromTinaTurner Here are two videos from that show... Enjoy!

Shattered:

Neighbours:
19th October 2007 06:35 AM
corgi37 That was great. Never, ever seen them before. Amazing how dark the stage was too.
19th October 2007 06:55 AM
MemoFromTinaTurner Glad you enjoyed it! I'll upload some more videos from that show in the following days.
19th October 2007 08:19 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
MemoFromTinaTurner wrote:
Glad you enjoyed it! I'll upload some more videos from that show in the following days.

I've had that for years on VHS but this is much better quality. This show is great in the first half. Mick is vocally on fire but after Keith's song, he has lost the power.
[Edited by Maxlugar]
19th October 2007 10:30 AM
Saint Sway I love the loud and fast style of rock they played in 81

and I've watched LSTNT and Hamptons zillions of times - love this tour - BUT...

the lone thing that kills watching clips is that Keith looked his all-time coolest - but Mick looked so ridiculous in those neon football getups that its difficult to watch him. Its cringing. And Wyman in the headband and track suit... looks so ridiculous.

and the 81/82 was physically Jagger at his best. Just emabarrasing to look at him in that awful gear.

wish he had continued wearing something similiar to the 78 tour

you'd think people in this band would look over and take some cues from Keith. You got the coolest cat in the history of the world playing guitar next to you - you'd think they might of took notice and borrowed a bit of his look....

but, nope!

Instead it was "Hey lets dress up like campy looking gay athletes"
19th October 2007 10:42 AM
gimmekeef My complaint with 81 is that the fast pace and incessant sax playing renders every tune to sound the same....Personally I have 81 as the lowest ranked tour of them all....But I know many dont share that opinion....
19th October 2007 11:01 AM
Saint Sway speed is king
19th October 2007 11:02 AM
Got Me Rockin
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
you'd think people in this band would look over and take some cues from Keith. You got the coolest cat in the history of the world playing guitar next to you - you'd think they might of took notice and borrowed a bit of his look....

but, nope!

You mean you would actually like to see Mick and Ronnie wear fishing lures in their hair? That's pretty weird, the sequence coats are one thing..can't really stand the fishing lures though.
19th October 2007 11:07 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Got Me Rockin wrote:

You mean you would actually like to see Mick and Ronnie wear fishing lures in their hair? That's pretty weird, the sequence coats are one thing..can't really stand the fishing lures though.

I was speaking of the 81/82 Keith

the pre fishing lures and bandanas and glitter coats Keith
19th October 2007 11:10 AM
EELPIE
quote:
Got Me Rockin wrote:

rugs, no?
19th October 2007 08:51 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

- but Mick looked so ridiculous in those neon football getups that its difficult to watch him. Its cringing. looks so ridiculous.

and the 81/82 was physically Jagger at his best. Just emabarrasing to look at him in that awful gear.

wish he had continued wearing something similiar to the 78 tour

Instead it was "Hey lets dress up like campy looking gay athletes"

Could Mick had gotten his que from Freddy?!?

21st October 2007 02:43 PM
CraigP Keith definately looked his coolest during the '81/82 shows.

Mick, maybe not. I do, however, like the (American)football look. The outfit was not only permitting for Mick to be as hyper and energetic as possible, it was pretty badass for one reason---Just think: the singer of the first band to ever play football stadiums and selling them out. His jersey, #21.

I think it made a good contrast between the looks of Keith and Mick. Bill's tracksuit... eh, no!
21st October 2007 03:03 PM
steel driving hammer [quote]MemoFromTinaTurner wrote:
Here are two videos from that show... Enjoy!

2 words...

More.
22nd October 2007 06:28 PM
steel driving hammer More Seattle please! Pretty Please!

This is the best I can do!

22nd October 2007 06:40 PM
fireontheplatter what does shedoobe mean anyway?
22nd October 2007 06:45 PM
steel driving hammer The song "Shattered" is all about the difficulties of living in the huge city of Manahttan (NYC). In the song, the Stones tell about all their troubles: "Look at me, I'm shattered....", "Don't you know the crime rate is going up,up,up up,/To live in this town you you must be tough, tough, tough,tough,tough/You've got rats on the west side/And bed bugs uptown - what a mess this town's in tatters/ I've been shattered." From my lyric book the word "Shidoobee" is not there.

We are able to conclude that the word "Shidoobee" is something thrown in to emphasize the frustration felt by the Stones at that time in NYC. Also, the word begins with "sh" just as the title "Shattered" does. So, it DOES fit into the song !

I would compare it with the English phrase "This is beyond help", or the French "Maudit" et "Au Secours".The singer is just expressing his frustration with living in NYC.

I hope you are pleased with my response. The word "Shidoobee" does NOT appear in any English dictionary. We must conclude that the Stones made it up. As further information, the Stones (before a concert) rest and relax in a Shebeen. That is a British word meaning a "place where one may eat, drink and meet women". Perhaps they were thinking of that word/place compared with the big city of NYC.
22nd October 2007 06:55 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
CraigP wrote:

Just think: the singer of the first band to ever play football stadiums and selling them out. His jersey, #21.

I suppose thats true...unless you count the BEATLES at Shea Stadium where the Giants and the Mets play(ed)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)