ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
Šeharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ya-Ya's Drive Return to archive
17th October 2007 04:53 PM
Lord (Hetero) This is for real. Trying to reach as many of us as possibel to sign. Here is the "official" letter, and the website to go for signing.

We, the undersigned do believe that it is in the best interest of the legacy of the Rolling Stones to re-master the legendary live album, "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out." Classic releases from Jimi Hendrix to the Doors and Allman Brothers have all been re-released in brilliant sound taking advantage of the latest technology and including entire set lists with bonus material. These recordings have been among the industry's biggest sellers in a time when CD sales in general have declined. We in the Stones fan community believe that the time is long overdue for the re-release of Get Yer Ya Yas Out in an extended and complete format that would include the missing tracks (i.e. Under My Thumb", "I'm Free," "Prodigal Son", "You Gotta Move", "Satisfaction") and the unedited version of "Sympathy for the Devil." Between the Maisles Brothers films & ABKCO Record's vaults, there are hours of recorded material from the 1969 US tour that could be used to present an entire concert across two CDs, including key performances of the opening acts (as originally conceived) as well as the Stones complete performance. We believe that based upon the legendary status of Get Yer Ya Yas among both fans and critics alike, that there would indeed be a market for an expanded version of this great album that would undoubtedly break earlier record sales.

http://www.geocities.com/ojaykay2001/
17th October 2007 09:13 PM
Lord (Hetero) We are having some kinks to work out on the site; really soryy. Will be up and running very soon. Bear with us.
17th October 2007 11:11 PM
andrews27 And what about LA Forum 7-10-75, lengthy or complete in VG quality? Can't even get the boot/trading community to cough up this one - how then expect the complete GYYO from Allen B. Klein/ABKCO?
[Edited by andrews27]
18th October 2007 09:34 AM
Nasty Habits This is my favorite rock and roll LP of all time, and it would be great to see it expanded to include the acoustic numbers, the Satisfaction from Gimme Shelter (which I have never heard unedited), some Ike & Tina, some BB King, and other MSG numbers (Under My Thumb/I'm Free medley from November 27 = unbelievable genius) If the unedited Sympathy for the Devil is included, I would hope they maintain the original edit somewhere in the release for future generations to compare/contrast, as it is a brilliant manipulation of tape, as Rolling Stones fans (even those with aesthetically and legacistically correct motivations) should all remember, is every second of the original Ya-Yas LP. But, yeah. They should put it out again. With lots and lots of bonus tracks. For real.

18th October 2007 10:27 AM
andrews27 I have the feeling that these sort of projects are the Stones' "second career," intended for post-mortem release once the band no longer tours, or once age, on some rotten day, finally rings somebody's bell. The vaults are what will feed spouses and ex-wives, and educate grandchildren.

In other words, Marsha Hunt got ripped off like Florence Birdsong, for a thousand-year reich is in the planning. What will a Stones fanbase be like after they, and we, are gone? Like Al Jolson's current audience?

[Edited by andrews27]
18th October 2007 10:32 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
(Under My Thumb/I'm Free medley from November 27 = unbelievable genius)

What does I'm Free circulate on?
18th October 2007 10:44 AM
Nasty Habits I have it on an LP called STONED M.S.G.

They played I'm Free all over the place on the tour, but this version is the only time I have them going from Under My Thumb to I'm Free seamlessly. Taylor pulls out an absolutely gorgeous solo (complete with beautiful, ringing feedback) during the I'm Free section, which was probabaly inspired by Hendrix's presence at that gig.

18th October 2007 10:55 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
I have it on an LP called STONED M.S.G.

They played I'm Free all over the place on the tour, but this version is the only time I have them going from Under My Thumb to I'm Free seamlessly. Taylor pulls out an absolutely gorgeous solo (complete with beautiful, ringing feedback) during the I'm Free section, which was probabaly inspired by Hendrix's presence at that gig.

Thanks, Nasty! I have Thumb on a couple different things (The Big Apple 1969 and Fuck Yer Ya-Ya's Out) but I'm Free isn't on either.

Is the quality worth my efforts to search for it? I've discovered it's VGP-018...

Cheers.

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
18th October 2007 11:40 AM
Gazza Stickied.
18th October 2007 02:34 PM
glencar
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
This is my favorite rock and roll LP of all time, and it would be great to see it expanded to include the acoustic numbers, the Satisfaction from Gimme Shelter (which I have never heard unedited), some Ike & Tina, some BB King, and other MSG numbers (Under My Thumb/I'm Free medley from November 27 = unbelievable genius) If the unedited Sympathy for the Devil is included, I would hope they maintain the original edit somewhere in the release for future generations to compare/contrast, as it is a brilliant manipulation of tape, as Rolling Stones fans (even those with aesthetically and legacistically correct motivations) should all remember, is every second of the original Ya-Yas LP. But, yeah. They should put it out again. With lots and lots of bonus tracks. For real.

The above should be added to the petition.
18th October 2007 03:16 PM
Some Guy I offer support.
18th October 2007 03:23 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Thanks, Nasty! I have Thumb on a couple different things (The Big Apple 1969 and Fuck Yer Ya-Ya's Out) but I'm Free isn't on either.

Is the quality worth my efforts to search for it? I've discovered it's VGP-018...

Cheers.

[Edited by Lazy Bones]

The sound quality leaves something to be desired but the principal qualities of the performance are all quite audible and breathtaking, and not hard on the ear, so while I cannot properly estimate your own value/sound quality assessment of effort/financial risk/etc factors, I will say that this song would be in my personal top five (or three) Rolling Stones "audience" recordings.

I am surprised that you don't have an I'm Free, since it's on Live'R Than You'll Ever Be/Oakland69/whatever you want to call it, which is, you know, a real important and necessary element for your life.

If I were you I would correct that absence before diving into getting the Under My Thumb/I'm Free on an audience bootleg where you have some of the performances in Ya Ya quality, since knowing how they WERE doing it makes the one-offness of the version where they play it together that much more, like, woah.

Kind of like that MSG Satisfaction with the apparently unique Jagger sermon about lies and bullshit. I have never been able to properly get off on another '69 Satisfaction after hearing that one.

18th October 2007 03:40 PM
guitarman53 And count me in for sure, it's the best Live album in Rock of all time.
18th October 2007 04:20 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
I am surprised that you don't have an I'm Free, since it's on Live'R Than You'll Ever Be/Oakland69/whatever you want to call it, which is, you know, a real important and necessary element for your life.

I have the Morph 30th Anniversary edition. Mind you, it's Oakland, not New York. I was checking my list for the 27 November, MSG show...

18th October 2007 04:50 PM
Nasty Habits OK. Gotcha. I figured, LB. I am glad we are speaking from common experience then.

I got my Stoned MSG at the WFMU Record fair in 1999 or so in a 3 dollar box, so there was no hesitation about that, especially since the guy was also selling a mono Magical Mystery Tour for three bucks for some damn dumb reason, which is a couple hundred dollar record or something, so my three dollar investments were covered in spades.

So it's more than worth it for me.

If you actually go out and buy CDs, I dunno. I don't know how the sound quality on current circulating thangs sound. Might be better than my LP, might be worse. If I were you I would find a download of it (it would be MORE than worth searching it out and downloading it) before deciding if you wanted a hard copy.

18th October 2007 05:35 PM
Erik_Snow I uploaded the remastered Stoned-MSG1969 VGP a while ago, on Hungercity. It's the same quality as It's No Hangin' Matter.
Quliaty is very good - and combined with the performance; it's my favourite audience recorded from 1969. San Diego and Oakland sounds better - but MSG is so much hotter.
BTW...Sister Morphine sucks.
18th October 2007 07:31 PM
Lazy Bones Tried searching for it. No luck. If any one happens to find it, a link would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, guys...
18th October 2007 10:00 PM
mojoman this release to me is their heaviest it just grabs ya by throat and kicks ya in the ass!!!
18th October 2007 11:52 PM
Zack
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
And count me in for sure, it's the best Live album in Rock of all time.

And look what was done to its principal rival, Live at Leeds. The Stones deserve the same. I think Allman Bros. at Fillmore East was expanded too.
19th October 2007 03:59 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

What does I'm Free circulate on?

Chase Manhattan Bankcard commercials I'm afraid....lol
20th October 2007 01:53 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Chase Manhattan Bankcard commercials I'm afraid....lol

I saw that, recently...
20th October 2007 09:08 PM
mojoman git yer ta ta's out!!!
21st October 2007 10:29 PM
oldkr What a load of shit. You're wasting your time.

OLDKR
22nd October 2007 12:42 AM
Zack
quote:
oldkr wrote:
What a load of shit. You're wasting your time.

OLDKR

"He won't eat it. He hates everything."
22nd October 2007 04:24 PM
Boogie-Woogie wouldnt it be way cooler to get the full MSG 69 footage released?!?!?! i want to watch the whole show!!!!!!
22nd October 2007 10:14 PM
oldkr
quote:
Boogie-Woogie wrote:
wouldnt it be way cooler to get the full MSG 69 footage released?!?!?! i want to watch the whole show!!!!!!

you should be a member of shidoobee
23rd October 2007 07:16 AM
Boogie-Woogie what does that mean?
23rd October 2007 05:31 PM
glencar He thinks yer funny...
25th October 2007 10:45 AM
Boogie-Woogie i dont get it...
25th October 2007 03:45 PM
sirfito I agree with Nasty Habits.
We NEED that LP in complete (and original) version.
One album (or side) dedicated to the other artists and the rest to the COMPLETE show.
All with NEW SOUND.
Come On Gentlemen: It's The Best Live Albums Of The History!
Cheers,
Fito (yes: I'm alive!)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)