ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
Šeharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: When John Lemon became jealous of The Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
19th October 2007 02:33 AM
glencar beatles were a pop band; not much originality, mediocre playing, shambling lyrics. old habits die hard, eh?
19th October 2007 02:35 AM
glencar working class hero? marianne f did it better. jealous guy? ditto for b ferry.
19th October 2007 03:53 AM
guitarman53
quote:
glencar wrote:
beatles were a pop band; not much originality, mediocre playing, shambling lyrics. old habits die hard, eh?

I read Andrew Loog Oldham (do you even know who he was?)book 2Stoned, the Stones were a pop band in the 60's, no more different then the Beatles! in fact he goes to say that if The Stones & the Beatles were put in a boxing ring, the Beatles would always come out on top!
19th October 2007 10:52 AM
glencar Oh scat. Oldham's probably got a bit of a grudge & he should realize that the Stones were certainly rootsier than the band that did I Wanna Hold Yer Hand. Oldham steered them in a pop direction (partially) but the Stones were never as poppy as the Rutles. Not nearly so. And any blood in the boxing ring would have been in the Beatles corner. That pansy Macca just got his clock cleaned by a one-legged woman!
19th October 2007 11:50 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:
And any blood in the boxing ring would have been in the Beatles corner. That pansy Macca just got his clock cleaned by a one-legged woman!

Keith would have done this to Macca:

19th October 2007 12:01 PM
glencar LOL I love that clip.
19th October 2007 12:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
gorda wrote:
Love
John Lennon
Love is real, real is love
Love is feeling, feeling love
Love is wanting to be loved

Love is touch, touch is love
Love is reaching, reaching love
Love is asking to be loved

Love is you
You and me
Love is knowing
We can be

Love is free, free is love
Love is living, living love
Love is needing to be loved

quote:
gorda wrote:
Isn't anyone going to comment on John Lennon's beautiful lyrics?

I will. Those particular lyrics are absolute bollocks.
[Edited by Gazza]
19th October 2007 12:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
gorda wrote:
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

The irony of the video for that song being filmed in a fucking great mansion wasnt lost on everyone!
19th October 2007 02:01 PM
gimmekeef Wonder how things woulda turned out if Keith met Lennon and Paul and Mick hooked up as the bands were forming?...
19th October 2007 04:25 PM
guitarman53
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Wonder how things woulda turned out if Keith met Lennon and Paul and Mick hooked up as the bands were forming?...

Imagine the songwriting!
19th October 2007 05:31 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
gorda wrote:

We're afraid of everyone
Afraid of the sun
Isolation
The sun will never disappear
But the world may not have many years
Isolation

And they called Paul the "Dumb Beatle"
19th October 2007 07:55 PM
gorda Underneath it all, he was just a man. He was human. Just like all of us. He had issues, just like you, just like me.

Watching The Wheels
John Lennon

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm o.k. well they look at me kind of strange
Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game
People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go
Ah, people asking questions lost in confusion
Well I tell them there's no problem, only solutions
Well they shake their heads and they look at me as if I've lost my mind
I tell them there's no hurry
I'm just sitting here doing time
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go
I just had to let it go
I just had to let it go
19th October 2007 07:58 PM
gorda
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Wonder how things woulda turned out if Keith met Lennon and Paul and Mick hooked up as the bands were forming?...

In my humble opinion, and I state this with the upmost respect:

Keith and John

or

Paul and Mick

would not have worked.

But, Keith and Paul

or

Mick and John

Now, that would have been interesting.

20th October 2007 07:05 AM
bilsim John Lennon was just very bitter after the Beatles split up. He chose not to mention that in 1969 the stones released Midnight Rambler and The Beatles creative output was, Octopuses Garden.
20th October 2007 09:59 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
bilsim wrote:
Octopuses Garden.

Ringo's best song ever!

In 1969 were also released:
Nashville Skyline
Songs From A Room
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Tommy
The Band
Green River
Arthur
The Velvet Underground
Stand Up
Led Zeppelin
The Gilded Palace Of Sin

[Edited by MrPleasant]
20th October 2007 02:26 PM
glencar & many of those were interesting. But the Beatles ran out of gas.
20th October 2007 02:34 PM
Gary Busey These thoughts, they come to your minds and paralyze all rationality. How can it be said? It comes with great direction, and like the chicken, only can you live once. Hence, live once and enjoy all that permeates the mind. It's negative energy, negative mind sewage that disrupts the clarified thought process.

20th October 2007 03:06 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Gary Busey wrote:
These thoughts, they come to your minds and paralyze all rationality. How can it be said? It comes with great direction, and like the chicken, only can you live once. Hence, live once and enjoy all that permeates the mind. It's negative energy, negative mind sewage that disrupts the clarified thought process.

Ha~!

I hope BonoIsLove's got his pencil sharp and is takin notes

This is class shit right here
20th October 2007 11:17 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
glencar wrote:
& many of those were interesting. But the Beatles ran out of gas.

Sorry for being a freak, but IMHO, the "beetles" still had their interesting solo careers ahead of them.

Of course Macca wasn't cool, and has never been; Lennon was too naive in his political views (I don't mind his SIMPLE lyrics; at least nobody can accuse him of pretentiousness); Harrison was in love with Sri Krishna (or whatever); and Ringo was a drummer (I'm joking, here). But I sort of like their stuff, after 1969. Because of their melodies, mainly.

And "Abbey Road" is, for me, the best Beatles album ever. Because if pop music can make a person happy, "Abbey Road" is a very decent example (and so are hundreds of recordings from the Stones).

[Edited by MrPleasant]
20th October 2007 11:34 PM
MrPleasant Top 3 Beatle-Lennon songs:
Strawberry Fields Forever
I'm A Loser
Come Together

Top 3 Lennon solo songs:
Old Dirt Road
Nobody Loves You (When You're Down And Out)
Mind Games

Top 2 cold drinks:
Vodka and juice
Tequila

21st October 2007 12:03 AM
sweetcharmedlife Hey dumbshit,has it not ocurred to you changethe title of your thread from Lemmon to Lennon. Talk about loss of credibility.....As for Lennon lyrics...How about this:"life is whwt happens to you while your'e busy making other plans". Not a really good song. But a good line.
21st October 2007 12:13 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
Hey dumbshit,has it not ocurred to you changethe title of your thread from Lemmon to Lennon. Talk about loss of credibility.....

I think that probably steel driving hammer wrote "Lemon" as a joke, or it's, most probably, just a case of "typos". Besides that, I think that ONLY administers can edit thread titles.
[Edited by MrPleasant]
21st October 2007 03:20 PM
guitarman53
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Keith would have done this to Macca:

I don't think for one minute that The Stones had anything against the Beatles, Keith always spoke in respect about the Beatles, none of this 6 year old mentality.
21st October 2007 05:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
& many of those were interesting. But the Beatles ran out of gas.

as the last album they recorded ("Abbey Road") was probably their best, I dont think so.
21st October 2007 05:16 PM
Col
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The irony of the video for that song being filmed in a fucking great mansion wasnt lost on everyone!

That's the whole point. He wasn't in a cardboard box singing 'hey people I've got no possessions, aint it great'
21st October 2007 05:42 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
Hey dumbshit,has it not ocurred to you changethe title of your thread from Lemmon to Lennon. Talk about loss of credibility.....

At least I can read! lol

I prefer Lemon over Lemmon.

I Win Again...

And whats this word btw? >changethe?

Tried looking up " changethe " but it wasn't there!

Did you spell it wrong?

I just can't go on!
21st October 2007 06:11 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

as the last album they recorded ("Abbey Road") was probably their best, I dont think so.

A - FRIGGIN - MEN !!!!!!!

...that was Best Beatles YET !!!!!!!

" Power to the People Ronnie ! "

Snuggles !

21st October 2007 06:19 PM
Joey
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Sorry for being a freak, but IMHO, the "beetles" still had their interesting solo careers ahead of them.

Saw a one hour long documentary on VH1 about the last year of John Lennon's life --- Fascinating Stuff !!!!!!

Getting shot in the back four times RIGHT in front of your home and then having to crawl up the stairs for help is NO friggin way to leave this orb .

When the Chief Trauma Surgeon at Roosevelt Hospital informed Yoko that her husband was D.O.A. ....at first she had difficulty accepting the news . However , she quickly pulled herself together because she did not want her son to hear what had happened whilst sitting in front of the television . She told the hospital to please delay the official announcement until she could get back to the apartment and tell Sean herself ..... Unfortunately , an eyewitness had leaked the news to ABC --- Howard Cosell broke the story during " Monday Night Football " !!!!!

" Damn Friggin SHAME Ronnie ! "

Joey

21st October 2007 07:04 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

I don't think for one minute that The Stones had anything against the Beatles, Keith always spoke in respect about the Beatles, none of this 6 year old mentality.

And do you think for one minute that we actually were implying that Keith would like beat John over the head with a guitar?

Would you like to borrow a cup of "sense of humor"?

21st October 2007 08:54 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Joey wrote:

Saw a one hour long documentary on VH1 about the last year of John Lennon's life --- Fascinating Stuff !!!!!!

Getting shot in the back four times RIGHT in front of your home and then having to crawl up the stairs for help is NO friggin way to leave this orb .

When the Chief Trauma Surgeon at Roosevelt Hospital informed Yoko that her husband was D.O.A. ....at first she had difficulty accepting the news . However , she quickly pulled herself together because she did not want her son to hear what had happened whilst sitting in front of the television . She told the hospital to please delay the official announcement until she could get back to the apartment and tell Sean herself ..... Unfortunately , an eyewitness had leaked the news to ABC --- Howard Cosell broke the story during " Monday Night Football " !!!!!

" Damn Friggin SHAME Ronnie ! "

Joey

A shame. Yes.

And I had no idea that Heather was a hooker.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)