ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
Šeharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: When John Lemon became jealous of The Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10th October 2007 03:56 PM
steel driving hammer Anyone remember reading or hearing Lemmon say (after The Beatles broke up, of course) that the Stones can't make it on their own right?

Isn't that what a band is? Together?

I mean, thats a rock and roll band.

God I'm going to love when the Stones finally get some justice w/ the Beatles.

Some of John Lemmons own words...

What do you think of the Stones today?

"I think it's a lot of hype. I like ``Honky Tonk Women,'' but I think Mick's a joke with all that fag dancing; I always did. I enjoy it; I'll probably go and see his films and all like everybody else, but really, I think it's a joke."

Do you see him (Mick) much now?

"No, I never do see him. We saw a bit of each other when Allen [Klein, Beatles' late-period manager] was first coming in - I think Mick got jealous. I was always very respectful of Mick and the Stones, but he said a lot of sort of tarty things about the Beatles, which I am hurt by because, you know, I can knock the Beatles, but don't let Mick Jagger knock them. I would like to just list what we did and what the Stones did two months after on every fuckin' album. Every fuckin' thing we did, Mick does exactly the same - he imitates us. And I would like one of you fuckin' underground people to point it out. You know, Satanic Majesties is Pepper; ``We Love You,'' it's the most fuckin' bullshit, that's ``All You Need Is Love.'' I resent the implication that the Stones are like revolutionaries and that the Beatles weren't. If the Stones were or are, the Beatles really were, too. But they are not in the same class, musicwise or powerwise, never were. I never said anything. He's obviously so upset by how big the Beatles are compared with him, he never got over it. Now he's in his old age, and he is beginning to knock us, you know, and he keeps knocking. I resent it, because even his second fuckin' record, we wrote it for him. Mick said, ``Peace made money.'' We didn't make any money from peace."

10th October 2007 04:44 PM
the good
The idea that the Stones copied everything the Bealtles did is so dumb that it doesn't warrant a serious reply.

Peace never made money? What a joke this guy was. I can't believe anybody ever took him seriously with all the bullshit that came out of his mouth. The Stones weren't in the same class as the beatles? I guess he is right about that. The stones weren't pop artists.

10th October 2007 04:54 PM
gimmekeef Goodie another Beatles vs Stones discussion....Lennon was a pompous fuck...Yoko this Johnnie boy
10th October 2007 04:59 PM
Fiji Joe Oooh that John Lemon, I'd like to squeeze em' like a bug and have my kids fund their secondary education by selling his remains for 10 cents a glass

10th October 2007 05:33 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Goodie another Beatles vs Stones discussion....

hmm....yes...very original idea...this beatles vs stones thing.

let's start one on mick taylor vs ron wood. how about circumcision?

10th October 2007 05:37 PM
fireontheplatter fag dancing....that was a silly thing of him to say.
10th October 2007 05:39 PM
mojoman jack lemmon?
10th October 2007 05:42 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Anyone remember reading or hearing Lemmon say (after The Beatles broke up, of course) that the Stones can't make it on their own right?

I didnt realize Jack Lemmon's opinion mattered all that much here

10th October 2007 06:16 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Anyone remember reading or hearing Lemmon say (after The Beatles broke up, of course) that the Stones can't make it on their own right?

I dunno, I'd trust what the guy has to say...

[Edited by Child of the Moon]
10th October 2007 07:15 PM
mojoman The way you squeeze my lemon.......
10th October 2007 07:37 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
God I'm going to love when the Stones finally get some justice w/ the Beatles.

I must be out of the loop.
What are the charges, and when's the trial?
10th October 2007 07:59 PM
lotsajizz lamest thread in quite some time
10th October 2007 08:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
when's the trial?

some time in 1964, I think.....
10th October 2007 08:57 PM
Starbuck
10th October 2007 09:10 PM
Nellcote Is Ed Bradley still dead?
On another front, Jagger is now on VH1 Classic, he just got done talking about John Lemmon
10th October 2007 10:35 PM
Kilroy The Beatles are Bigger than Jesus.
10th October 2007 10:39 PM
mojoman
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
The Beatles are Bigger than Jesus.

Without going out of my door
I can know all things on earth
Without looking out of my window
I could know the ways of heaven

The farther one travels
The less one knows
The less one really knows

Without going out of your door
You can know all things on earth
Without looking out of your window
You can know the ways of heaven

The farther one travels
The less one knows
The less one really knows

Arrive without travelling
See all without looking
Do all without doing
10th October 2007 10:42 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
lamest thread in quite some time

No shit...
10th October 2007 10:55 PM
mojoman
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Is Ed Bradley still dead?
On another front, Jagger is now on VH1 Classic, he just got done talking about John Lemmon

grumpy old men?
10th October 2007 11:20 PM
Lethargy Why is Lennon jealous of the Stones? Simple...because Lennon sucks and the Stones don't suck.
11th October 2007 07:17 AM
jostorm As I recall, dead people don't tend to feel anything, not even jealousy.

On a brighter note, I always suspected that Jack Lemmon paid Chapman to be assasinated, cause it was the only realistic way of escaping the ugly hirsute screechy japaneesy midget....
11th October 2007 09:33 AM
guitarman53 The Stones & The Beatles.
11th October 2007 09:49 AM
Joey

..The ' New Hire ' sitting right next to me plays Yoko
Ono's " Walking On Thin Ice " continuously on a tape loop .

Why ?!

WHY ?!

WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?! WHY ?! .. WHY ?!

|
|
V

..why ?!

'kins. , Est. 1999

11th October 2007 09:57 AM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Kilroy wrote:

Wow! I had not heard!

Makes me heart beat.
11th October 2007 10:01 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Kilroy wrote:

Jesus Alou?.....
11th October 2007 10:08 AM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Kilroy wrote:

Not bad, and this happened when?

11th October 2007 11:19 AM
andrews27 Some of the best slide/resonator guitar ever: "John Sinclair" from Sometime in New York City.

It may not be a resonator, but I forgot the exact name for that style guitar - you can see it in "The People vs. John Lemmon." A dobro?

The Beatles were bigger than Jesus. The Stones were bigger than Satan. Bono is bigger than Santa Claus. Nobody's bigger than the Easter Bunny.
[Edited by andrews27]
11th October 2007 11:37 AM
Yap Yap
quote:
Kilroy wrote:

Bullshit! Keith Richards IS JESUS!!!
[Edited by Yap Yap]
11th October 2007 12:37 PM
glencar "John Lemon" LOL!
11th October 2007 02:13 PM
swapwoodfortaylor He wrote some good music and maybe he could sing but as soon as he opened his gob to say anything he just proved himself to be a Thick Scouse!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)