ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Charles !
Bobcats Arena - Charlotte, NC
© Charles Lee, Temple's dad!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "The Greatest Rock n Roll Band in the World" Return to archive
October 26th, 2005 12:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Lets just suppose for a second that the Stones never existed. Who would be entitled to that glorious moniker? Beatles don't count.
October 26th, 2005 12:17 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT that means you must disgaurd all bands root from the Stones. Stones cast the biggest shadow in music... imagine how music would hav been if not for teh Stones... I can't.
October 26th, 2005 12:21 PM
Jumping Jack Ooooo
October 26th, 2005 01:10 PM
Stones AC/DC - though they might not exist if the Stones never did.
October 26th, 2005 01:43 PM
Jair U2, imho
October 26th, 2005 01:45 PM
ShaneJazz Beatles, then Queen and Led Zep....But thankfully, Mick did meet Keith on that fateful day way back when...
October 26th, 2005 01:53 PM
JuanTCB Probably the Beatles. There weren't really any American "rock" bands around at the time (I'm talking '64 - the Byrds came later), with the exception of the Beach Boys (more pop than rock, anyway) and, for the most part, all the great British bands of the '60s emergered from the London R&B scene. OK - the Animals were from up north, but they didn't really stick around for long, anyway. And since the Stones really kind of defined the London R&B scene, it's safe to say that had they never existed, The Who, The Kinks, The Yardbirds and hence Jeff Beck Group, Zeppelin, Faces, etc., wouldn't have been the same either because of the lack of the Stones' influence on their music or the lack of the Stones' impact and door-opening in the London scene itself.

The Beatles, however, existed outside of all of this - they already had their thing going by the time the Stones started to make their impact. However, w/o the Stones around to play bad cop to the Beatles' good cop, perhaps the establishment would have turned on the Beatles sooner, thus changing how they developed over the course of the decade.

American rock would have been totally different, too - you can't have the Velvets, Stooges, or MC5 w/o the Stones . . . and without those bands, you'd never have the Dolls . . . and thus never the Pistols . . . and it goes on and on.

Bottom line? Take the Stones out of the equation and we'd be living in a much more boring world! (Plus, we'd all probably be posting on the "Come Together" message board.)
October 26th, 2005 02:01 PM
voodoopug "Weird" Al Yankovick
October 26th, 2005 02:59 PM
stonesmachine Thank you Ed Sullivan you had a really fine show
October 26th, 2005 03:07 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Lets just suppose for a second that the Stones never existed.

I try not to think about such things. The alternative universe in such a scenario is not to my liking.
October 26th, 2005 05:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
I try not to think about such things. The alternative universe in such a scenario is not to my liking.

Kind of like a "black hole" with nothing in it.
October 26th, 2005 05:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Lets just suppose for a second that the Stones never existed. Who would be entitled to that glorious moniker? Beatles don't count.

THE WHO

October 26th, 2005 06:30 PM
FPM C10 No debate.

October 26th, 2005 06:32 PM
Some Guy Van Halen with Dave
October 26th, 2005 08:17 PM
Poplar
Sorry, but after the Stones it's The boys from Liverpool...

then: Led Zeppelin, and later in the rock timeline, U2.
October 26th, 2005 08:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
Lets just suppose for a second that the Stones never existed. Who would be entitled to that glorious moniker? Beatles don't count.

why not?

There's no other band close to the "Big Two"
October 26th, 2005 08:52 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:

why not?

It would make the question too easy to answer.
October 26th, 2005 08:57 PM
pavlovs dog I would not want to live in a world where the Rolling Stones did not exist.

That would be HELL

Must be hell living in the world
Living in the world like you
Must be hell living in the world
Suffering in the world like you

October 26th, 2005 09:03 PM
Bob Tamp For a live act...The WHO hands down.
October 26th, 2005 09:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
For a live act...The WHO hands down.

Well that could very possibly be true. BUT with Keith Moon of course.
October 26th, 2005 09:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Jimi Hendrix Experience....live?
October 26th, 2005 10:24 PM
Soldatti The Who
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)