ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Charles !
Bobcats Arena - Charlotte, NC
© Charles Lee, Temple's dad!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones to Write Soundtrack for Rocky VI Return to archive
October 25th, 2005 11:47 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Rolling Stones to Write Soundtrack for Rocky VI
By Phil Maggitti
Oct 25, 2005, 10:49

WEST CHESTER, Penna. - Sylvester Stallone announced yesterday that the Rolling Stones have agreed to write the soundtrack for Rocky VI, whose working title is Rocky Balboa: The Beating Goes On.

Sipping a Metamucil-Carrot Juice smoothie at a local health food store, Stallone, 60, told Postcards from the Pug Bus that he was looking forward to working with the Stones, 245, "who have been given up for dead more times than I have."

There are, indeed, obvious parallels between Rocky's career and the Stones'. Both were charmingly scruffy newcomers given little chance of wresting the heavyweight title from their opponents: Apollo Creed in Rocky's case; the Beatles in the Stones' match-up. Each prevailed, however, when their opponents couldn't beat the count or Yoko Ono, respectively. After snatching victory from the defeat of jaws, both Rocky and the Stones allowed excess to go to their heads and their performances declined.

Stallone was knocked from pilferage to post in the brain-numbing Rockies III, IV, and V. The Stones followed anywhere the wind blew them from the undercooked Goat's Head Soup to their latest best-
album-in-years, A Bigger Bang, which would have been the lamest effort by British old farts if Paul McCartney hadn't released Chaos and Cremation in the Backyard. In McCartney's yard, more is always less.

True to the Stones penchant for copping other people's licks, A Bigger Bang even contains a "protest song," Sweet Neo-Con, an obvious attempt to jump on the bandwagon driving with verve and elan by a much younger, much more exciting Green Day. The difference between the Stones and Green Day, of course, is the fact that Green Day plays its anti-Bush music in public while Mick Jagger gives interviews saying he really wasn't criticizing the president in Sweet Neo-Con, which has yet to see the light of stage.

In addition to writing the music for Rocky VI, Jagger is being considered for the role of Rocky's manager, formerly played by Burgess Meredith, who died in 1997 at the age of 89.

"We'll have to make Mick look younger for the role," said Stallone, "but other than that I think he'd be a natural.

Jagger has already written a lame film score for Jude Law.

Next Oprah: Mick Jagger Discusses the Benefits of Tax-Sheltered Reverse Mortgages

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
October 25th, 2005 11:56 AM
Monkey Woman Lemme guess... The Onion, yeah?
October 25th, 2005 12:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No
October 25th, 2005 12:09 PM
Jair Can't believe. Now you made my day, Gerardo, oh yeah!

Today I woke up with a awful humor (after dream on Gazza ), already fought with my dog, my colleague Paulo, my boss Silvia, my client Carol and now this?!
Fuck them!!!

Is this the beggining of the total & immoral decadence or what?

[Edited by Jair]
October 25th, 2005 12:10 PM
Monkey Woman Right, some other satirical site. Don't know them all... Oh, wait, the image gives it away: http://www.pugbus.net/

October 25th, 2005 12:10 PM
Jumacfly OMG!!!
don't say it's true!
It will be( with JT on stage) their shameless act!
October 25th, 2005 12:14 PM
Monkey Woman Don't worry, Ju, it's satire. Check the "Britney's baby" story too... "Postcards from the Pug Bus is a satirical Web site that contains news of fresh disaster published daily". No relationship with Voodoopug, though!
October 25th, 2005 12:26 PM
time is on my side Excellent news!!!

I always thought Jagger and Stallone were a team waiting to happen. Their musical collarboration will be talked about for years to come.

Can't wait for the soundtrack CD to be released. Will Stallone be the producer??? Thought I read somewhere where they were spotted together emerging from a health club sipping some sort of exotic smoothies (the ones with the foam on top). Perhaps they were already discussing business ($$$$$$$). My guess is the soundtrack will be a big seller and sell more than the obviously lame A Bigger Bang.
October 25th, 2005 12:30 PM
gimmekeef Bet the new movie opens with Start Me Up!...just a wild guess
October 25th, 2005 12:36 PM
parmeda Gerardo...my sides are killing me, thanks for the pain!

This was a great laugh that was dearly and badly needed.
October 25th, 2005 03:26 PM
PartyDoll MEG How do you explain laughing (especially, my laughing) out loud to your co-workers!!! Gerardo- You are too much!! Thanks for the giggles
October 25th, 2005 04:59 PM
voodoopug oh brother, here it comes...the annual "Is Voodoopug behind the PugBus website?"

NO!

working the room:

October 25th, 2005 06:43 PM
glencar If Frank Stallone opens MSG in January, I QUIT!
October 25th, 2005 07:31 PM
Soldatti LMFAO Gerardo!
I can't imagine the whole idea of the Stones being the new Survivor.
October 26th, 2005 07:14 AM
corgi37 Stallone's face looks worse than his Mothers!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)