ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Charles !
Bobcats Arena - Charlotte, NC
© Charles Lee, Temple's dad!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FAO Honky Tonk Man Return to archive
October 25th, 2005 08:17 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Hi mate.

Just thought I would let you know that I went to see Carl Barats new outfit on Saturday. Thay played at the KoKo club in camden.
Now im going to level with you. I was absolutely shitfaced and dont remember getting there, let alone getting home.
I think they have called themselves Dirty Pretty Things, but there is an argument going on with another band who have claimed that name, so that may well change.

Supergrass had played before we got in there. Somebody told me that were shite.
Barats band were already onstage by the time I stumbled to the bar. From what I can remember, they were very tight and very much Rocking.

But, they innevitably had a libertines sound to them.
I wish I had known about the gig a few days in advance, but my mate just sprang it on me at about 9.30 that night.

Might be worth looking out for mate

October 25th, 2005 09:28 AM
Honky Tonk Man Hi Voodoo Scrounge.

Thanks for posting this. Ws this one of the NME club nights? I had read that Barats new outfit were called The Dirty Pretty Things, but I haven’t heard what they sound like. I really must check them out at some point.

I'm not surprised that Supergrass was shit. They're early output is fantastic, but they're latest direction isn't too good.

Oh and by the way, you should check out the debut single by a band called The Littl'ans. It's called Their Way and it feature Pete Doherty on vocals. It's a great little tune.
October 25th, 2005 09:34 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Like I say. I think they may have to change the name soon. The band who have claimed it say they will take hime to court.

Idont remember a thing about the night. I woke up next to my mate on his front room floor with a bottle of vodka for company.

Will check out that band though mate.
October 25th, 2005 10:10 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Like I say. I think they may have to change the name soon. The band who have claimed it say they will take hime to court.

Really? I don't doubt that one little bit, though I do know they have a record contract. If this other band is still active, then they may well have a case.

I mean, it's not as if bands in the past haven’t nicked they're name of other bands. There was a band in the 1960's called Nirvana, but of course by the time the Seattle bunch came along, I'm sure they were long gone.

The funniest case of a band trying to sue another band over their name involves our very own wonderful Ronnie Wood. He was in a fairly unsuccessful combo called The Birds and in 1965 they tried desperately to drum up some publicity by attempting to sue the American band, The Byrd’s. Ridiculous really, because the names were spelt differently! Though I do suspect The Birds formed first. Naturally though, they failed.

It made the front page of the NME though!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)