ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Charles !
Bobcats Arena - Charlotte, NC
© Charles Lee, Temple's dad!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Girls and Boys - Sex and British Pop. Return to archive
October 24th, 2005 02:11 PM
stewed & Keefed Did anybody watch this programme on BBC 2 last night ?
It had lots of Stone content,but in particular Im interested in the clip of them playing Sympathy for the Devil with Brian playing piano and Bill playing Marraccas.I have never seen this clip before,does anyone know what show this was on,and does anyone have the full song on tape or dvd.

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
October 24th, 2005 02:26 PM
Gazza Its from the David Frost show in late 1968

Never seen a full version of it - I think there was some of it shown on that French "Let It Bleed" documentary 3 years ago

It was quite a good programme, actually. I didnt tape it because I didnt realise there would be so much Stones related footage in it, although there wasnt anything I hadnt seen before (although stuff like the 1964 live clip (Bridlington, I think) and the Frost show were rarer than the stuff the BBC usually show)

Marianne Faithfull was quite good. I went to see her in concert on Friday night actually. She was playing with her band, the Ulster Orchestra and 37 piece choir. There must have been over 80 people onstage! The show went out live on Radio Ulster as the opening night of the Belfast Festival. She was much better than I thought she would be - it was really enjoyable.

At the end of the show she was taking her bows and saw me standing at the edge of the stage trying to take her photo and came over to me to stand closer so I could get a couple of pictures. I gave her a kiss on the hand too....then in the cold light of the bar afterwards it dawned on me where that hand has been.... a sobering thought!
October 24th, 2005 03:38 PM
gimmekeef So..Gazza..have you washed that hand yet?.....lmao...
October 24th, 2005 05:56 PM
Gazza I did so immediately...lol (shiver)....
October 25th, 2005 01:22 AM
riccardo Luckily I recorded this show.
October 25th, 2005 02:17 AM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I gave her a kiss on the hand too....then in the cold light of the bar afterwards it dawned on me where that hand has been.... a sobering thought!

Wow! I would've savored it!
October 25th, 2005 02:59 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I saw that programme. It was great and very heavy in stones content.
I think it is on again next week and moves onto the 70s. The stones are bound to be involved again.
October 25th, 2005 09:58 AM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

Wow! I would've savored it!

it wasnt where it had been on HER anatomy I was thinkin' about..lol
October 25th, 2005 10:09 AM
M.O.W.A.T. did you give her a Mars bar?
October 25th, 2005 10:16 AM
Gazza No...I didnt think the moment was right. This time anyway
October 25th, 2005 06:01 PM
stewed & Keefed Thanks Gazza for info,looks like I will have to track it down.
October 26th, 2005 06:18 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Its from the David Frost show in late 1968

Never seen a full version of it - I think there was some of it shown on that French "Let It Bleed" documentary 3 years ago

French-Austrian-German, actually, but thanks for the info. I'll have to watch that one again... Always assumed the Sympathy footage was from the Godard movie.

quote:
At the end of the show she was taking her bows and saw me standing at the edge of the stage trying to take her photo and came over to me to stand closer so I could get a couple of pictures. I gave her a kiss on the hand too....then in the cold light of the bar afterwards it dawned on me where that hand has been.... a sobering thought!

It's never wise to enquire where pretty ladies' hands or mouth have been in the past... *Shiver live Joey in a hailstorm!*
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)