ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Charles !
Bobcats Arena - Charlotte, NC
© Charles Lee, Temple's dad!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Vs. Iggy Return to archive
October 24th, 2005 09:30 AM
exile Mick Vs. Iggy

Now I know these two are worlds apart. But I thought it would be fun to compare.
But who in your opinion is the better frontman?

Both energetic, professional, frontmen
Both have led rather excessive lifestyles at one stage or another

Nothing to do with hits or albums etc.

Just who in your opinion is the better frontman for a rock and roll group.

VS.

DISCLAIMER: To those on the board who don't like Iggy and the Stooges I apologise for my Iggy posts of late. Just excited to see them live in Jan and coupled with the fact that the stones STILL have not announced the Australian Tour...us Aussies are going mad with anticipation

[Edited by exile]
October 24th, 2005 09:57 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Based purely on the fact that I saw Iggy in the summer and he was shit and that I have seen jagger recently and he was imense leaves no comparrison
October 24th, 2005 10:04 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Based purely on the fact that I saw Iggy in the summer and he was shit and that I have seen jagger recently and he was imense leaves no comparrison

I saw Iggy last summer and he was incredible... "Shit" doesn't even come any close to mind and I don't think he changed all that much in just one year.

Of course I don't think you can - or even need - to compare Mick and Iggy. They're both great performers and different. The only thing I may like better in Iggy is that he seems to have kept most of his... craziness He's a lot wilder on stage, but then again, he's always been in a frenzy.

But really now, this is a hard choice to make I think they're both great, great performers and I doubt we'll see any more of their likes in the near future.
October 24th, 2005 10:11 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Disagree mate. I think iggys light went out a few years ago now.
At least jagger is still making some decent sounds these days.
The greatest example in the gulf between Jagger and Iggy is that Jagger doest need to shock his audience to excite them. iggy does, by either rolling on the floor, or cutting himself has he has done many times before and as he did at Reading this year.

Jagger is genius, the and now
Iggy is finnished
October 24th, 2005 10:13 AM
exile
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Of course I don't think you can - or even need - to compare Mick and Iggy...this is a hard choice to make I think they're both great

I totally agree FotiniD I just thought for a bit of fun. see what people thought. thats all.
October 24th, 2005 10:14 AM
polksalad69 Aw, it'll all be over soon! Ooh...anybody with any more ice cubes, jellybeans...grenades, eggs they wanna throw at the stage, c'mon. Ya paid yer money so ya takes yer choice, y'know. [to band] Well, when they throw eggs you always say they throw 'em at me.
Let's not forget your favorite well-mannered boy, the singer! Let's hear it for the singer. I AM the greatest.
Thank you for the egg -- thank you for the eggs, do we have any more eggs? More eggs? ...What am I bid for a dozen eggs -- aw, ya missed -- c'mon, try it again, come on. Listen, I've been egged by better than you.
Come on now. Is it time for a riot, girls? RIOT!
Let's get a towel for the egg yolk. I don't want to get caught with yolk on my face.
[blows kisses] Oh, baby, come on. Light bulbs, too? Paper cups? Oh, my, we're gettin' violent. Oh, there's two guys left the stage. Well, we'll all have to leave, we'll see you later [sounds of electric instruments being unplugged].
Aw, thank you, ladies and gentlemen. [pause, then, in amazement]...They threw a Stroh's! Ladies and gentlemen: Thank you very much to the person who threw this glass bottle at my head. You nearly killed me but you missed again, so you'll have to keep tryin' next week.
--Iggy Pop, with the Stooges, Michigan Palace, 1970s
October 24th, 2005 10:17 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Crazy shit. They must have played like idiots to get that treatment
October 24th, 2005 10:17 AM
FotiniD
quote:
exile wrote:

I totally agree FotiniD I just thought for a bit of fun. see what people thought. thats all.

Yeah, I know. I just can't choose

Voodoo Scrounge, I don't think Iggy needs to shock his fans in order to excite them. It's just his distinct way of performing and as a matter of fact I consider it more interesting than just stressing out vowels and asking repeatedly for crowd participation

Hey, what am I doing here, am I bashing our Mick?! Hell no. But I only wish he would improvise a bit more too and let loose on stage like he used to do. That, and a setlist change from Keith and I got no reason to complaint this tour around.
October 24th, 2005 07:33 PM
Saint Sway when you really get down to it, no one can compare to Jagger. He flat out is still far and away the best front man in R&R.

Jagger invented what the ideal R&R front man should be. Guys like Iggy just emuluate that.

that said. Iggy kicks ass in the front man departmant. And if I had to choose between the two, I'd probably choose Iggy over Jagger just because it just make the band more bad ass.

but Jagger is and always will be the man.

imagine seeing Iggy front the Stones for just one night. That would be pretty frickin cool. He's such a great performer. To see him do Live With Me, Monkey Man, If You Cant Rock Me would be the shit. Cuz lets face it, the Stooges were dope but when it comes to songwriting Iggy is light years behind Mick. He's got the performance part down cold but never really impressed me at all with the songwriting.

just my unwanted .02
October 24th, 2005 08:07 PM
Soldatti Iggy's last good album was Brick by Brick, it was their last relevant release too.
October 24th, 2005 08:18 PM
Dan Iggy is more unrestrained and spontaneous onstage. Mick has always come across a little scripted. The Stones can always claim to be the greatest rock n roll band, but don't forget Mick's rather uninspiring solo career.
October 24th, 2005 08:25 PM
LadyJane Good question.......I love them both.

Mick wins this one, but it wouldn't hurt him to drop his pants ala Iggy once in a while.

LJ.
October 24th, 2005 11:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot Iggy isn't a frontman. He's the whole friggin' show.

Mick Jagger is the 9th wonder of the world.

Iggy can't do Ruby Tuesday, Mick can't do Search & Destroy.

It's like comparing apples to oranges....and since you are asking this question on the apple's board, it's obvious what the answer will be.

My answer is that Iggy & Mick are both the best at what they do.
October 24th, 2005 11:46 PM
sirmoonie Mick Jagger is the greatest rock and roller of all time. This is little doubt on that fact. He sings in a band called The Rolling Stones.
October 25th, 2005 10:41 AM
Factory Girl Iggy's last great release was "Avenue B". Currently, few people understand that.

I love both Mick & Iggy, but I prefer Iggy. I'm a bit tired of Mick's aerobic routine.
October 25th, 2005 10:46 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Mick Jagger is the greatest rock and roller of all time. This is little doubt on that fact. He sings in a band called The Rolling Stones.

a pretty cool band. They're from England. Check em out. They've got some really outstanding records. And their live shows are the tits.
October 25th, 2005 11:27 AM
egon celebrity deathmatch wise i'd say iggy!
October 25th, 2005 06:35 PM
purrcafe I've loved the Stones for 25 years (and still do), but the Stooges are the greatest rock and roll band in the world. Iggy is the better frontman in that he totally destroys the wall between audience and performer.
October 25th, 2005 10:35 PM
exile Talking showmanship or as an entertainer then I think Jagger wins hands down. Mick knows how to work a crowd and his entire focus is always making sure the audience is enjoying the show.

Iggy’s crazy energy and outrageous stage presence is the actual show. Iggy is Raw Power, its not till you see this guy live that you understand. This is the guy who invented crowd-surfing while being smeared in peanut butter.

Yes I agree they are both great at what they do and to compare them is futile. Both great performers, great respect to them both.

All in fun anyway.
I think the world would be a little dull without them both

[Edited by exile]
October 25th, 2005 11:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I saw Iggy in the summer and he was shit<

I saw him last summer, and he was THE shit.

A subtle difference, but a significant difference none the less.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)