ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Thanks Charles !
Bobcats Arena - Charlotte, NC
© Charles Lee, Temple's dad!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Metamorphisis??? Tell about this CD... Return to archive
October 23rd, 2005 11:11 PM
Paranoid_Android It never really seems to be discussed...is it a best of??? Is it a remox??? Is it any good...I love Memo From Turner,,,as well as Fannie!!
October 23rd, 2005 11:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It's not a "best of" album but outtakes, even Out of Time as is a different version that didn't make it in the final cut

Buy it, is a great album, buy the hibrid SACD disc
October 24th, 2005 12:39 AM
glencar I wore the grooves out on the vinyl version. Used to love it; now, not so much.
October 24th, 2005 05:38 AM
Gazza many of the mid 60's recordings arent performed by the Stones as a band, but are demos of songs written for other artists, with session musicians playing with Mick and Keith

Out of Time is, as far as I recall, basically the backing track used for Chris Farlowe's version - only with Mick on vocals.

the 1968-69 outtakes however, arent bad
[Edited by Gazza]
October 24th, 2005 08:13 AM
Jair This record was introduced to me by a friend, which is a shrink, back in 75. Actually, he even get a copy for me in another city. I still love it in these days.

When Metamorphosis came out in CD, i think in 2002/03, my ex-wife gave me as a gift, but I also bought the American edition in digipack.

Its a special record to me: my first Stones disc was the single "I don't know why/Try a Little harder". A that time I had no money enough to buy the long play Black and Blue, and then I started to work to buy it.

October 24th, 2005 08:51 AM
corgi37 My vinyl version was completely wasted! I really loved the 2nd side. I'm going down is classic Stones raunch that would have fitted in nicely on LIB, SF or Exile.

Suzie & Fanny are hoots.

I dont know why is just magnificent. Also, poignant. That was the song they were working on when told of Brians death.

I think that right, aint it?
October 24th, 2005 11:18 AM
Paranoid_Android Well...I downloaded it this morning...listened to it at work...I really enjoyed it alot!!! There are many songs that sound like Phil Spector produced them w/ his Wall of Sound...Love Turner, Suzie, Fannie, Rather be w/ the boys, and most others...thx for the feedback.
October 24th, 2005 07:37 PM
Soldatti Great songs on it, the side 1 is not 100% stones but the side 2 is classic.
October 24th, 2005 09:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I dont know why is just magnificent. Also, poignant. That was the song they were working on when told of Brians death.

I think that right, aint it?

I've read that to be the case, yes

However, that new book on "Let it Bleed" by Sean Egan quotes Keith Altham as saying that he was there that night (the only night during the whole sessions that he chose to be in the studio) and they were mostly listening to playbacks at the time. Whilst he's pretty sure it was a song that was left off the album, he reckons that it may have been something like "Toss The Coin" (a track thats never even appeared on bootlegs)
October 24th, 2005 09:37 PM
CraigP "I Don't Know" and "I'm going Down" are reasons to buy that album.
October 25th, 2005 11:29 AM
Paranoid_Android took a good listening to it this morning...it really is a rather silly CD, however, really enjoyable...can anyone give more details...producers...reasons for songs...whom they were written for etc???

BTW...these little sisters
<<<<<<<<<<<<<-------- are my two little GLIMMER TWINS...born September 7, 2005...Stella & Paloma

enveloped in official ROLLING STONE CONFETTI...from MCI CENTER,Washington, DC 10/3/2005 -
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
October 25th, 2005 11:45 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
...can anyone give more details...producers...reasons for songs...whom they were written for etc???

From Nico http://www.nzentgraf.de/books/tcw/1975.htm
From Ian (wait that sounds the other Ian LOL) http://www.timeisonourside.com/disco4.html

The album was not authorized by the Rolling Stones, half of the songs are not the Rolling Stones recordings, but Andrew Oldham Orchestra recordings, with Mick Jagger on vocals and occasionally other Rolling Stones participating.

It includes guests as Jimmy Page, Jimmy Miller and Al Kooper between some others
October 25th, 2005 12:17 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

It includes guests as Jimmy Page

Indeed it does. I think Page is playing on all the Andrew Loog Orchestra cuts on the record as well as the albums version of Heart Of Stone. In fact, that version was recorded BEFORE the actual proper Stones recording and it's reported that Keith Richards got the idea for the solo from Page's version.

I actually really dig that early version of Heart Of Stone. Page’s solo is brilliantly sloppy and a prime example of his magnificent style at that time.
October 25th, 2005 12:24 PM
Jair Hey, and about John McLaughlin, is he really on the album?
If so, anyone can identify which track?
His name is quoted on the Metamorphosis backcover.

October 25th, 2005 01:42 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
CraigP wrote:
"I Don't Know" and "I'm going Down" are reasons to buy that album.

word!

those are 2 fantastic - and timeless Stones gems!

same with Jivin Sister Fanny
October 25th, 2005 01:43 PM
Jair
quote:
Jair wrote:
Hey, and about John McLaughlin, is he really on the album?
If so, anyone can identify which track?
His name is quoted on the Metamorphosis backcover.

PLEASE???
ANYONE???
October 25th, 2005 02:10 PM
rocky hi...50% of this album is andrew loog oldham orch...(i'm not for sure iftry a little harder i alo orch.or stones track ? someone know ?
it's a good album..was plans to realease ,a bill wyman,
put together album "black box."incl live version of down the road apiece... rocky
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)