ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - 27th October 2006
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stage cost Return to archive
23rd October 2006 08:00 PM
iluvmickjagger07 just wondering... about how much do u think the stone's stage costs?
it's a huge stage with seating, lights, fire bursting out, fireworks, camras and a huge screen.
i would say about 100 thousand bucks in all
23rd October 2006 08:52 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
just wondering... about how much do u think the stone's stage costs?
it's a huge stage with seating, lights, fire bursting out, fireworks, camras and a huge screen.

"Stones' stage". It's ours. We all paid for the damn things!
23rd October 2006 09:13 PM
mrhipfl I think it'd be more than 100,000 to be honest. One other question: Do they travel with more than one stage at a time? I remember when I was in Switzerland I heard on the news that the stage took 3 days to set up, yet they only had two nights between shows.
23rd October 2006 09:15 PM
telecaster
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I think it'd be more than 100,000 to be honest. One other question: Do they travel with more than one stage at a time? I remember when I was in Switzerland I heard on the news that the stage took 3 days to set up, yet they only had two nights between shows.

The B2B stage was well over $1 million almost 10 yrs ago
23rd October 2006 09:23 PM
Altamont
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I think it'd be more than 100,000 to be honest. One other question: Do they travel with more than one stage at a time? I remember when I was in Switzerland I heard on the news that the stage took 3 days to set up, yet they only had two nights between shows.

Check this out

23rd October 2006 09:47 PM
Dan Well, it would be tough to pin down an exact cost. Most of the cost would be equipment rental and transportation (i.e. the longer you use it the more you pay for it but the more money it makes) but the true cost would be the design and development. Its an expensive one though. Voodoo Lounge cost a million a week to keep on the road and I am sure its more now even if its not quite as intricate. Ask Michael Cohl if you see him posting here again.
23rd October 2006 10:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

There are at least four stages, and I am pretty sure there are five stages:

2 US/Europe Stadium stages
1 Arena stage (maybe two)
1 stage used in South America
23rd October 2006 11:08 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

There are at least four stages, and I am pretty sure there are five stages:

2 US/Europe Stadium stages
1 Arena stage (maybe two)
1 stage used in South America

But the arena and South American stage can't really be considered separate entities because they use minimal resources built around the same moving B stage and jumbotron design.

Its like they built the stage as seen in Austin, then scaled it down when necessary.
24th October 2006 12:09 AM
erikjjf Three steel sets for the US/Europe stadium show.
24th October 2006 01:28 AM
IanBillen [quote]iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
just wondering... about how much do u think the stone's stage costs?

100,000?,

If you're young, or not joking, actually it costs much more than that. The screen itself could be around that price.

Ian
24th October 2006 03:51 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

"Stones' stage". It's ours. We all paid for the damn things!

Yep, we did. And watching the National Geographic "Behind the scenes" special, I'm surprised they don't charge EVEN higher prices, what with all the hundreds of people employed to build the stage and all those others responsible to create different backstage rooms, the hotel reservations, the flights, the satellite tv's for Mick
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)