ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - 27th October 2006
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ted Nugent to deliver 'God, Guns and Rock 'N' Roll' Lecture at Wisconsin State University Return to archive
22nd October 2006 11:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Lampert Smith: Nugent a good pick for campus
Susan Lampert Smith [email protected]

The Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent, will storm the stage at Union Theater Wednesday to deliver a lecture on "God, Guns and Rock 'n' Roll."

Maybe he'll bring his hunting bow, which he uses to shoot at photos of Saddam Hussein.

Maybe he'll deliver a fiery message like the one he gave to last year's National Rifle Association: "I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Certainly, he'll talk about his passion for hunting. (I flipped through his cookbook, "Kill It and Grill It," at this year's NRA convention in Milwaukee and thought his recipes looked great.)

Probably, he'll attract animal rights protesters.

But whatever The Nuge does on stage, Chancellor John Wiley and the rest of the UW-Madison administration ought to roll out the red carpet for Nugent's camouflaged hunting boots.

Why?

Because in order to defend speakers who bring political correctness to the campus, you've also got to welcome "political Tedness."

The UW has been taking it on the chin from conservative legislators such as Rep. Steve Nass, R-Whitewater, who want the university to fire lecturer Kevin Barrett for espousing the idea that the United States attacked itself on Sept. 11, 2001.

I think Nass is wrong on this, because I think students should hear that this view is widely held in some part of the Muslim world. I also think they're smart enough to sort facts from fiction.

But I think Nass and others are right when they contend that conservatives feel shoved aside on this campus.

The Southworth case, brought by Scott Southworth, then a conservative law student and now the Juneau County district attorney, challenged UW-Madison's student fees, charging they forced students to support groups they didn't agree with. These included multicultural groups, environmental groups, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender groups.

The case went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, which sided with the university in March 2000, ruling that the system was OK as long as student fees were doled out in a "viewpoint neutral" way.

Since then, student legislators have struggled with handing out fee money in a fair manner. This year, groups that didn't get funding ranged from the Calvary Lutheran and the Roman Catholic foundations to the Diversity Center, which educates about race, ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation. Some call the decisions political, others say they're a result of applying the same standards to all groups.

One group that did get funding last year is Collegians for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT), a conservative environmental group that is bringing Ted Nugent to campus on Wednesday. CFACT is probably best known locally for a publicity prank a few years ago in which members wore dark sunglasses to "protect" SUVs from Earth Day attacks. The group raises liberal eyebrows because it gets money on the national level from oil companies and the like.

Nick Pongrantz, a UW graduate who works for CFACT, said the student group fought last year to have its funding raised from $5,000 to the $198,000 it eventually was awarded by the student judiciary. About $30,000 of that money is being used to bring Ted Nugent to town.

"This is one win in the face of continuous loss," Pongrantz said of Nugent's speech. Student government, he said, "thinks we're a bunch of evil capitalists."

Evil or not, I'm glad they're bringing the Nuge to town.

The university's "marketplace of ideas" is a better place to shop if all the shelves are stocked.

If you go

What: Ted Nugent lecture.

When: 7 p.m. Wednesday.

Where: Union Theater.

Tickets: Free and available to the public at the Memorial Union box office, with a limit of four per person. Also available at the door if space permits.

22nd October 2006 11:37 AM
robpop This is what you do when nobody goes to your music shows.
22nd October 2006 01:23 PM
MrPleasant Kiss are motherfucking Bach, compared to that schmuck.
22nd October 2006 01:51 PM
robpop
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Kiss are motherfucking Bach, compared to that schmuck.

It could have not been put any better.
22nd October 2006 02:13 PM
Bloozehound The 'Nuge rulez!

22nd October 2006 02:47 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"I want child molesters dead."

He wants to himself dead? Thats cool, we're all jiggy niggy with that.

The Surreal Life ain't calling Theodore, they passed you by - it just may be the time to self-immolate to get some attention.
22nd October 2006 03:16 PM
WattsAtScotts Fuck this cunt
23rd October 2006 03:00 AM
Route66 I'm with Blooze!
23rd October 2006 05:25 AM
Monkeytonk-man Certainly don't agree with his right wing politics, but nobody can deny that he sure as hell can play the shit out of a guitar.

I've seen him a couple of times in concert, whenever he commences one of his various tirades it's just as funny ass hell, I crack up and laugh my arse off.

Got some great tunes and puts on a good show, all in all he's entertaining, and thats what rock n roll is all about right?

23rd October 2006 06:54 AM
corgi37 I certainly hope he also wants draft dodging chicken-hawks dead too!
23rd October 2006 11:23 AM
robpop
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I certainly hope he also wants draft dodging chicken-hawks dead too!

Once agian as posted above, this would mean wanting himself dead, and we are are cool with that. Thoedore, himself dodged the draft.
23rd October 2006 11:54 AM
Green Tea This guy is a fucking tool.
24th October 2006 12:56 AM
mickmask Ted Nugent is a dink.

..wow...I said 'dink'...

mm.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)