ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - 27th October 2006
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lindsey Buckingham Appreciation Thread Return to archive
21st October 2006 11:29 PM
Highwire Rob I'm reading great web reviews about his current shows that cover his Mac & solo work, including his new album "Under The Skin." As of yet I don't see any stops near me in Pittsburgh

Has anyone had the chance to catch one of his latest performances? He's even pulling out George Harrison's favorite--and my own! --"Holiday Road" from National Lampoon's Vacation soundtrack.

Now I REALLY do want to catch this show!
22nd October 2006 12:57 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
He's even pulling out George Harrison's favorite--and my own! --"Holiday Road" from National Lampoon's Vacation soundtrack.

Really? Harrison's favorite?
22nd October 2006 01:00 AM
Highwire Rob MrPleasant, Yes, I didn't make that up. When you think about some of George's style and solo work it sort of fits... Crackerbox Palace, etc.
22nd October 2006 01:08 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
MrPleasant, Yes, I didn't make that up. When you think about some of George's style and solo work it sort of fits... Crackerbox Palace, etc.

"Crackerbox Palace" is such an underrated song. Most of the stuff from from Harrison is underrated, actually (i.e. Dark Horse, Gone Troppo).

What about Paul? WHAT ABOUT PAUL??? I think everybody hates him because his life has been good. Am I wrong??

What about this National Lampoon's Vacation???? Why am I drunk??????
22nd October 2006 01:42 AM
Highwire Rob Yep, that movie and song still put a smile on my face! Hey... it's the weekend and if anybody hasn't heard that tune in a while then check it out at my MySpace...

www.myspace.com/unknown_stuntman

22nd October 2006 07:08 AM
Lil Brian The new cd also includes a Jagger/Richards cover, "I Am Waiting". A bit of a morbid choice but it sounds good.
22nd October 2006 08:05 AM
UGot2Rollme Lindsay Buckingham is a brilliant guitar player. I saw him on his Cradle tour must have been over 10 years ago, he had a couple hot chicks playing in his band, too, but the best part was when he played Big Love and Go Insane solo (I think to start the show, but memory is a bit hazy).
22nd October 2006 10:12 AM
StartMeUp13 I saw him in NY... a couple of weeks ago...awesome...I'm more of a Mac fan though...
22nd October 2006 10:29 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
I'm reading great web reviews about his current shows that cover his Mac & solo work, including his new album "Under The Skin." As of yet I don't see any stops near me in Pittsburgh

Has anyone had the chance to catch one of his latest performances? He's even pulling out George Harrison's favorite--and my own! --"Holiday Road" from National Lampoon's Vacation soundtrack.

Now I REALLY do want to catch this show!

I'm going to see him in the bay area on Nov 7, day after the Oakland stones show. He's great. A bit out there sometimes, but great guitar player.
22nd October 2006 10:54 AM
Highwire Rob Lethargy, your San Fran show is the one I'm about to email my sister & bro-in-law about and to tell them that's a must-see!

So 2 great concerts in a row for you--that will be a killer week!

Here's an excellent review from his NY's Town Hall performance; also included is a link to show dates:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/12012261/live_review_lindsey_buckingham_rocks_new_yorks_town_hall

... definitely he's a bit out-there with his canine "fit of growls, woofs and snarls"
22nd October 2006 03:40 PM
Jakeb206 Yep!
Hes a guitar god! IMO!
I much prefer the mac though but his solo stuff is good too
22nd October 2006 06:08 PM
Joey
quote:
StartMeUp13 wrote:
I saw him in NY... a couple of weeks ago...awesome...I'm more of a Mac fan though...

He is a great front man and excellent guitar player .

" Holiday Road " puts a smile on anyone's face .

Joey
22nd October 2006 08:23 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Lindsay is an underrated guitar player. Check out his playing on the Fleetwood Mac DVD "The Dance".

Rumours is still one of my favourite albums all-time.
22nd October 2006 09:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Honestly I hate this guy because he and Stevie Nicks spoiled a great British Blues Band, well someone started it before but they concluded it with honors.
22nd October 2006 09:56 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Honestly I hate this guy because he and Stevie Nicks spoiled a great British Blues Band, well someone started it before but they concluded it with honors.

Mick Fleetwood bears some responsibility too, no? He invited the duo to join, after all.
22nd October 2006 10:00 PM
MrPleasant

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK
22nd October 2006 10:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Mick Fleetwood bears some responsibility too, no? He invited the duo to join, after all.

Yes, and John too as he invited his grifriend later his wife to join (please read SPOIL) the band too
23rd October 2006 10:34 AM
star star peter green is god!
23rd October 2006 10:47 AM
jb This guy is not a Stones fan!!!
[Edited by jb]
23rd October 2006 11:11 AM
nanatod
quote:
Yes, and John too as he invited his grifriend later his wife to join (please read SPOIL) the band too

I respectfully disagree. Christine McVie was the only listenable singer in the band during the time that she was in the band.
23rd October 2006 02:22 PM
jb
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY STONES DEDICATION--JB!!

I REBUKE YOU! (don't make me issue a further e-message of rebuke.)

But... i also send you Maccish Greetings (as they say on The Penguin site)

Not you!!! Lindey Buckingham!!!
23rd October 2006 02:23 PM
doo doo doo Dude Going to the LA Wiltern show next month. Really dig his picking style. The acoustic version of Big Love that he does on the Dance blows my mind every time.

Ruff ruff, ruff
Ruff ruff, ruff...
23rd October 2006 02:25 PM
Joey " I REBUKE YOU! (don't make me issue a further e-message of rebuke.) "

[Edited by Joey]
23rd October 2006 03:41 PM
Highwire Rob JB, I wish to extend my sincere apology to you. Your message had been edited and I presumed the worst. I withdraw all my virtual rebuke forthwith.

Also, I regret posting that previous rant in the presence of Joey.
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
23rd October 2006 03:44 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
JB, I wish to extend my sincere apology to you. You're message had been edited and I presumed the worst. I withdraw all my virtual rebuke forthwith.

Also, I regret posting that previous rant in the presence of Joey.

That's better. Now be good and kiss one another. All 3 of you. And then kiss me.
23rd October 2006 03:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
nanatod wrote:

I respectfully disagree. Christine McVie was the only listenable singer in the band during the time that she was in the band.

In that sense I fully agree, but the band took another direction that's why I said "spoiled the band" there's an album with Christine as Christine Perfect (Kiln House) that is not that bad
23rd October 2006 04:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
I'm going to see him in the bay area on Nov 7, day after the Oakland stones show. He's great. A bit out there sometimes, but great guitar player.

BLANK FRIGGIN STARE
24th October 2006 01:10 AM
Prodigal Son
quote:
Honestly I hate this guy because he and Stevie Nicks spoiled a great British Blues Band, well someone started it before but they concluded it with honors.

Respectfully I'll disagree there, Voodoo. Not because I think you're wrong about Buckingham-Nicks changing the Mac (though I think their pop is inoffensive and enjoyable stuff that stands head and shoulders above most of them "corporate" crap from the mid-to-late 70s). But they hadn't really been a blues band since 1970, in truth. Jeremy Spencer kinda took over as the creative force though Christine (Mcvie) Perfect joined too and made an impact. Danny Kirwan replaced Spencer when he joined the religious cult in 1971 and I forget how he left but it was also a bizarre event if memory serves me correct.

Still, their rhythm section was always the same. There were traces but they had become a mellow folky rock type of band beginning with the airy mysticism of Bob Welch (the first American in the Mac's history) on Future Games. I thought they were less of a catchy hitmaker in this period and though nothing from this period is as good as Rumors, it's a more consistent period than the 1975-87 days which got less interesting as it went on (Tusk was a decent concept record, Mirage a rather lightweight affair and Tango in the Night kinda lame). Their albums are usually pretty good through thd 1971-74 period (Heroes Are Hard to Find is kinda weak I'm told) and I own Bare Trees and their best post-Green album Kiln House.

They were certainly more eclectic before Buckingham Nicks. But although Stevie was a decent singer, she was also a coked-out, satanic, velcro bumping witch whose songwriting skills diminished with each snort through the glass tube to divert from her burnt out septum (STEVIE, THANK RONNIE FOR THE ADVICE!!!). Lindsay Buckingham was more interesting on his own than with the Mac it seems, and that guitar playing of his is tremendous. Seeing him do "Big Love" in the Dance from 1997 is an eye opener as he picks the bass notes and melody together WHILE singing. He's a real master of the gee-tar. Anyway, I find the excuse that Buckingham-Nicks ruined a good blues band to be a bit misleading as the Mac had been attempting to hit the mainstream since Peter Green went loco and left his band.
24th October 2006 10:11 PM
StartMeUp13 Stevie and Lindsey make the friggin' band...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)