ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - 27th October 2006
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LOOK RARE ROLLING STONES JACKET ON EBAY Return to archive
21st October 2006 12:32 AM
mcperk I WAS LOOKING ON EBAY FOR ROLLING STONES JACKETS ON THE INTERNET AND I CAME A CROSS THIS TODAY ITS A REAL ROLLING STONES JACKET FROM THE ROCK AND ROLL CIRCUS TOUR DO YALL GUYS THINK THIS IS A FAKE LOOK http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270042921370&rd=1&rd=1
21st October 2006 12:37 AM
Nellcote Looks like promo item released either when dvd or vhs came out. It's not a period piece, check out the ABKCO logo, which was not around in the day..
21st October 2006 12:42 AM
Altamont The Rock and Roll Circus Tour of 1968 is widely regarded as the best Stones tour ever and this jacket will no doubt sell for millions.

I'm also looking for a copy of Steel Wheels autographed by Brian Jones, do you have one?
21st October 2006 12:46 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Looks like promo item released either when dvd or vhs came out. It's not a period piece, check out the ABKCO logo, which was not around in the day..

I don't know about the authenticity of this jacket, but that looks like the original ABKCO logo to me.

21st October 2006 04:58 AM
egon it has the cover of the R&R circus CD on it.
Not a tour jacket. Just promo material for the album.
(which came out in 1996...)

21st October 2006 08:12 AM
Nellcote Got To Roll Me:
This is the ABKCO logo, however, it did not exist on album jackets in 1968 or before that date in the US, when the Circus was recorded. Here's an piece of from the history of ABKCO records, from Allen Klein's own words, which notes the origin date of ABKCO, a link to the rest of the piece follows from the quote...

"8. In February 1969, the name of Cameo-Parkway was changed to ABKCO Industries Inc. ("ABKCO"). I am the President and Director of ABKCO and, in so far as it may be necessary, I am authorised to make this Affidavit on its behalf."

http://www.bsnpubs.com/philadelphia/abkco.html

21st October 2006 12:00 PM
JesusMe
quote:
mcperk wrote:
I WAS LOOKING ON EBAY FOR ROLLING STONES JACKETS ON THE INTERNET AND I CAME A CROSS THIS TODAY ITS A REAL ROLLING STONES JACKET FROM THE ROCK AND ROLL CIRCUS TOUR DO YALL GUYS THINK THIS IS A FAKE LOOK http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270042921370&rd=1&rd=1

weird, your email adress is [email protected] and the sellers name is micah1600,, you wouldnt be the seller by any chance would you?
21st October 2006 12:05 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Got To Roll Me:
This is the ABKCO logo, however, it did not exist on album jackets in 1968 or before that date in the US, when the Circus was recorded. Here's an piece of from the history of ABKCO records, from Allen Klein's own words, which notes the origin date of ABKCO, a link to the rest of the piece follows from the quote...

"8. In February 1969, the name of Cameo-Parkway was changed to ABKCO Industries Inc. ("ABKCO"). I am the President and Director of ABKCO and, in so far as it may be necessary, I am authorised to make this Affidavit on its behalf."

http://www.bsnpubs.com/philadelphia/abkco.html

Looks like my selective memory was at work again...I remembered the logo from the record labels, but thought it went back further than '69. Thanks, Nellcote!

21st October 2006 12:06 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
JesusMe wrote:

weird, your email adress is [email protected] and the sellers name is micah1600,, you wouldnt be the seller by any chance would you?

LOL! Busted by the Lord himself!

21st October 2006 12:13 PM
mrhipfl see: rollingstonesUSA
21st October 2006 01:43 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Altamont wrote:
The Rock and Roll Circus Tour of 1968 is widely regarded as the best Stones tour ever and this jacket will no doubt sell for millions.

I'm also looking for a copy of Steel Wheels autographed by Brian Jones, do you have one?

Funny!

21st October 2006 06:33 PM
WJ "You are biding on a vintage Rolling Stones Jacket made by Excelled. This jacket is from The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus Tour in Decmber 1968. The jacket was only made specialty for the banned meaning you could not have got it at any store witch is making this a Super Rare item. The jacket is in fare condition the jacket is 38 years old take a look at the picture i took if you will like to see more just let me know i would gladly take more."

I hope the seller uses the money from the sale of this jacket to buy some English lessons.
21st October 2006 06:36 PM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
WJ wrote:
"You are biding on a vintage Rolling Stones Jacket made by Excelled. This jacket is from The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus Tour in Decmber 1968. The jacket was only made specialty for the banned meaning you could not have got it at any store witch is making this a Super Rare item. The jacket is in fare condition the jacket is 38 years old take a look at the picture i took if you will like to see more just let me know i would gladly take more."

I hope the seller uses the money from the sale of this jacket to buy some English lessons.

LOL
21st October 2006 06:36 PM
Fiji Joe Looks like Charlie Watts' brother Chris has bid on the item...I did not antique with him...but I'm sure he's a nice guy
22nd October 2006 03:14 PM
sway1 This is a cheap jacket that is not rare....
22nd October 2006 09:04 PM
Daethgod egon
that Keith bike pic is GOLD !

go get em Keithy

[Edited by Daethgod]
22nd October 2006 10:52 PM
killerbitch So is that post on today's header of Keith down on his knees leaning back.
Great to see him do that! It really makes me happy to see that!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)