ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - 27th October 2006
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones Are Over The Hill Says Townshend Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
24th October 2006 01:39 PM
jb
quote:
DrJimmy wrote:

1. as established, they only played one farewell tour.

2. in their prime,the Who were the better live act.

3. talent? nobody in the stones comes even close to touching pete's unique combination of talents. the guy did everything. john entwistle was one of the most talented bassists ever. keith moon was a mad genius.

[Edited by DrJimmy]

Yeh right.....The Who were better than the Stones..LMFAO!!!
24th October 2006 01:44 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Yeh right.....The Who were better than the Stones..LMFAO!!!

The Isle Of Wight DVD proves that. I would recommend you watch it but I am afraid you wouldn't survive that kind of whomiliation.
24th October 2006 01:50 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

The Isle Of Wight DVD proves that. I would recommend you watch it but I am afraid you wouldn't survive that kind of whomiliation.

Again, why do people who think other groups are better post here? I love the Who-a great band!! however, Rocks-Off is a RS message board. Do you think it would make sense that most of us who post here think the Stones are the greatest band??? kinda would make sense, no?
24th October 2006 01:50 PM
DrJimmy
quote:
Dan wrote:

truth.
24th October 2006 01:52 PM
DrJimmy
quote:
jb wrote:

Again, why do people who think other groups are better post here? I love the Who-a great band!! however, Rocks-Off is a RS message board. Do you think it would make sense that most of us who post here think the Stones are the greatest band??? kinda would make sense, no?

there's a Stones fan on the Who messageboard, and he drives everyone there crazy.

i'm only here temporarily, until there's some news about the Beacon Theater tickets...and then i'll be out of your hair forever.
24th October 2006 01:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

its a bit "Taliban-like" to insist on it, though....

and even more bizarre coming from someone who thinks theyve been pretty crappy for the last 25-30 years....and who probably isnt a big fan of their first five or six years either
[Edited by Gazza]
24th October 2006 01:56 PM
jb
quote:
DrJimmy wrote:

there's a Stones fan on the Who messageboard, and he drives everyone there crazy.

i'm only here temporarily, until there's some news about the Beacon Theater tickets...and then i'll be out of your hair forever.

I like the Who..love them actually. And many here also love other band..but as you say, it is very annoying to have someone who likes a band better than the one you do, post on a site dedicted tot hat band. I appreciate your support for your group-I just think you should understand my perspective. Anyway, the Who is my 2nd all time favorite abnd and I have seen then over 9 times....never been disapponted, and as you know, much respect from Townhend to the Stones...
24th October 2006 01:56 PM
Dan
quote:
DrJimmy wrote:

I think this was addressed on another thread when someone asked what the guys in the Stones do with their several days of free time every week.
24th October 2006 02:01 PM
DrJimmy whoa, looks like there IS news about the Beacon show tix.

which means this may be my farewell post....or not.
24th October 2006 02:39 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

and even more bizarre coming from someone who thinks theyve been pretty crappy for the last 25-30 years....and who probably isnt a big fan of their first five or six years either
[Edited by Gazza]

All true Gazza, but we love 'em all the same...
24th October 2006 02:51 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Nanky ?!

24th October 2006 02:53 PM
MrPleasant I'm curious. Will the Stones officially end after Keith loses his hair?
24th October 2006 02:54 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
DrJimmy wrote:

does he post pictures of kittens?
24th October 2006 02:57 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Nanky ?!

That looks like former Ugandan strong man, Idi Amin Dada!!!!
24th October 2006 02:59 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Damn Straight My Brother ..................

Good Eye !

24th October 2006 03:02 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

24th October 2006 03:03 PM
mojoman
quote:
jb wrote:

thats two a's, two d's and one gun!!!
24th October 2006 03:09 PM
nankerphelge A Richard Pryor fan!!

What's that?

Oh sure, here ya go...

Joey??

24th October 2006 04:13 PM
Joey
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
It had to happen. Last night I totally fell on my face (see Keith Moon). One of my wrists hurts (I can hardly post), my lips are swollen and I lost a tooth. After a fifteen year hiatus I'm gonna have to visit the fucking dentist. Depression sets in.
[Edited by MrPleasant]

The worm has turned for you my friend .
24th October 2006 04:23 PM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:

The worm has turned for you my friend .

24th October 2006 04:26 PM
Gazza
quote:

Gazza wrote:

quote:
jb wrote:

It was the Taliban I was referring to!
[Edited by Gazza]
24th October 2006 04:29 PM
_Boomy_ Ho Chi Joe?

24th October 2006 04:36 PM
rasputin56 Legos are by far the most underated and underestimated toy ever created.
24th October 2006 05:28 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Funny !!!

Cute Kitty --- Thanks for the Material

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)