ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - 27th October 2006
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones Are Over The Hill Says Townshend Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
22nd October 2006 08:02 PM
Joey
quote:
Route66 wrote:
Are the Who playing large football stadiums on their tour?

Frig No !!!!!!!!

Bill Curbishley is Waaaaay to smart for THAT !!!
22nd October 2006 08:13 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Route66 wrote:
U2 is one of just 3 peformers I have not seen yet that I want to see.

All this love is making me feel like a vagina in heat.
22nd October 2006 08:22 PM
Drewby Bonoislove.LOL
haha
cool dude. That is funny!
22nd October 2006 08:24 PM
Joey
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:

All this love is making me feel like a vagina in heat.

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23rd October 2006 12:05 AM
Dan
quote:
Route66 wrote:
Are the Who playing large football stadiums on their tour?

Good gawd, I hope not.
23rd October 2006 12:49 AM
Route66 Nope. They're not. So who cares what Pete thinks about the Stones? He once said in a Rolling Stone magazine interview in the 70s that Abba was more connected to rock and roll than the Beatles.

I think Pete did far more harmful drugs than Keith ever did.
23rd October 2006 01:14 AM
DrJimmy this is Pete, from his website, talking about the interview:

"I didn't read it yet but apparently I said Crosby, Stills and Nash make me sick. What!!! I can't possibly have said that. If I said it, what did I mean? I can't remember. I know David rubbing his chest with Dave Gilmour on Jools Holand was profoundly irritating but it was also completely adorable. I ADORE David Crosby, and as for the band - I was hanging with Graham Nash when he decided to leave England and go and work with the band, and the first album is the most gorgeous thing I've ever heard. I played it to my girlfriend Rachel only recently, as one of the great classics of our era.

I hear I also said I wouldn't go and see Bob Dylan play live. Oh God. I'm having a crack at Dylan again.

I think when I do interviews face-to-face I must imagine being drunk, and shoot my mouth off for old time's sake. But why do I pick on the folks I love the most? Or is it jealousy? Yeah, we're all old fucks now - and I can speak for all of us when I say, Pete - shut the fuck up and play as well as you can. At your best you can't lick these guys boots."
23rd October 2006 03:12 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
DrJimmy wrote:
this is Pete, from his website, talking about the interview:

"I didn't read it yet but apparently I said Crosby, Stills and Nash make me sick. What!!! I can't possibly have said that. If I said it, what did I mean?

Maybe he was thinking about Neil Young?

Come on, Pete! Stop being a puss and let us who who is making you sick nowadays. WE NEED TO KNOW!!
23rd October 2006 03:32 PM
Joey
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Maybe he was thinking about Neil Young?

Come on, Pete! Stop being a puss and let us who who is making you sick nowadays. WE NEED TO KNOW!!

Nanky ?!

23rd October 2006 03:47 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Joey wrote:

Nanky ?!

This board had so many great things about it, I just want to stand up and shout.
23rd October 2006 10:58 PM
texile
quote:
jb wrote:

Dan, I have alwasy said we true fans can criticise, but when others do, we circle the wagons...I don't appreciate pete dissingmy group in a national media story.

true,
they may be S.O.B.s, but they're OUR S.O.Bs...
fans criticize out of love and disapointment,
others are just fucking stupid.
24th October 2006 01:29 AM
Zack
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:
When The Who was the greatest r& r band in the world?

February 14, 1970, for one.
24th October 2006 03:48 AM
FotiniD Uhm, I hate to disagree with Petey, but I see a LOT of young people in Stones gigs. Sometimes the majority of the crowd is under 40. That's a young crowd. At least in Europe, I don't know how things are in the States, but judging by some recent pictures, there's a fair share of young people going to gigs there as well.

I think it's fustration, on Townshead's part. It's not the sixties any more. Bands like the Who and the Stones are not "it" any more. Not everything they do tops the charts; crowds are still great, but when it comes to the spotlight... Well... Sad, of course, but that's the truth.

But who cares man? Who cares? As long as the band can rock up there and there are still people who dig this, it's alright with me. What's with all the regrets?
24th October 2006 07:25 AM
Ten Thousand Motels TOWNSHEND BACKTRACKS ON OLD ROCKERS RANT

LATEST: THE WHO guitarist PETE TOWNSHEND has backtracked on his recent criticism of ageing rockers, including himself, who continue to tour into their fifties and sixties. The MY GENERATION star, 61, slammed contemporaries including BOB DYLAN and THE ROLLING STONES for their longevity as rock stars. But a humbled Townshend now writes on his website, "I said I wouldn't go and see Dylan play live. Oh God, I'm having a crack at Dylan again. "I think when I do interviews I must imagine being drunk and shout my mouth off for old time's sake. But why do I pick on the folks I love the most? Or is it jealousy? "I can speak for all of us when I say, 'Pete - shut up and play as well as you can. At your best, you can't lick these guys' boots.'"
24/10/2006 07:40

24th October 2006 09:39 AM
rolling who Pete is a tortured genius, but at least you can get an honest, thoughtful, heartfelt interview from him. Not your typical "Oh, he's a lovely man" that you'd get from an Elton John or Paul McCartney ... or even, dare I say, Mick Jagger.

As for the Stones, Pete has ALWAYS credited them with being his favorite band and as being the greatest rock band in the world.
24th October 2006 10:22 AM
Joey " This board had so many great things about it, I just want to stand up and shout."

Please Be Careful though ......
|
|
V

24th October 2006 10:28 AM
gimmekeef Petes just ticked off that not enough young boys attended the recent Who Tour for his "research"....by the way....?....was that another farewell or another we're back tour Pete?
24th October 2006 10:34 AM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Petes just ticked off that not enough young boys attended the recent Who Tour for his "research"....by the way....?....was that another farewell or another we're back tour Pete?

Soon I shall be awash in new material .

YES !

" October 31st Ronnie ! "

Kins.
24th October 2006 10:42 AM
jb
quote:
DrJimmy wrote:
Townshend has no reason to be jealous. The Who at their prime were the greatest live band in the world. Pete still has way more energy than Keith.

Plus, Pete has a unique combination of melody-writing, storytelling & guitar playing talent that nobody in the Stones can touch.

They're all friends and they're all richer than we are.
[Edited by DrJimmy]

Who is great, but never even remotely as great as the Stones.
24th October 2006 11:03 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Who is great, but never even remotely as great as the Stones.

True....there's only one band to whom the distinction of "Greater than Stones"...belongs.
24th October 2006 11:41 AM
DrJimmy 1. The Who at their peak were the greater live band, no question. They were the best. They play different styles, and the Stones are the best at what they do, but the Who is better at creating personal songs with emotional power.

2. Even today, the Who plays with more power than the Stones do. Nobody can beat Mick at what he does, but Pete has way more energy than Keith.

3. The Who only played one farewell tour, and in a way, it WAS the end of the The Who, which even Pete admits.

4. Pete was cleared of all charges, they searched his computers and found nothing.

5. Of course there are exceptions, but Pete is right: it's mostly old people (and their kids) keeping these bands alive.

24th October 2006 11:48 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:
Soon I shall be awash in new material .

24th October 2006 12:10 PM
nanatod
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
True....there's only one band to whom the distinction of "Greater than Stones"...belongs.

The Allman Brothers?
Pearl Jam?
The Band?
Nirvana?
The Pixies?
Deep Purple?

Who are you referring to, Ten Thousand?
24th October 2006 12:26 PM
Dan
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Peeping Tom
24th October 2006 12:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nanatod wrote:

The Allman Brothers?
Pearl Jam?
The Band?
Nirvana?
The Pixies?
Deep Purple?

Who are you referring to, Ten Thousand?

Someone had to ask? LOL.
Well the Archies of course. For only one reason...in 1969 the Archies hit Sugar Sugar knocked HTW out of the number one slot on the Top Ten. Truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

24th October 2006 12:30 PM
jb
quote:
DrJimmy wrote:
1. The Who at their peak were the greater live band, no question. They were the best. They play different styles, and the Stones are the best at what they do, but the Who is better at creating personal songs with emotional power.

2. Even today, the Who plays with more power than the Stones do. Nobody can beat Mick at what he does, but Pete has way more energy than Keith.

3. The Who only played one farewell tour, and in a way, it WAS the end of the The Who, which even Pete admits.

4. Pete was cleared of all charges, they searched his computers and found nothing.

5. Of course there are exceptions, but Pete is right: it's mostly old people (and their kids) keeping these bands alive.

The Who could never dethrone the Stones-not even on their greatest day have they ever come close to the legendary Stones status. A great band, yes, but not nearly as talented or influential as the Stones. They also lost a lot of credibility with their numerous reincarnations after Moon died, and there many farewell tours.
24th October 2006 01:18 PM
MrPleasant It had to happen. Last night I totally fell on my face (see Keith Moon). One of my wrists hurts (I can hardly post), my lips are swollen and I lost a tooth. After a fifteen year hiatus I'm gonna have to visit the fucking dentist. Depression sets in.
[Edited by MrPleasant]
24th October 2006 01:32 PM
DrJimmy
quote:
jb wrote:

The Who could never dethrone the Stones-not even on their greatest day have they ever come close to the legendary Stones status. A great band, yes, but not nearly as talented or influential as the Stones. They also lost a lot of credibility with their numerous reincarnations after Moon died, and there many farewell tours.

1. as established, they only played one farewell tour.

2. in their prime,the Who were the better live act.

3. talent? nobody in the stones comes even close to touching pete's unique combination of talents. the guy did everything. john entwistle was one of the most talented bassists ever. keith moon was a mad genius.

[Edited by DrJimmy]
24th October 2006 01:35 PM
Dan
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
It had to happen. Last night I totally fell on my face (see Keith Moon). One of my wrists hurts (I can hardly post), my lips are swollen and I lost a tooth. After a fifteen year hiatus I'm gonna have to visit the fucking dentist. Depression sets in.

Ouch! I was afraid I was going to have to go to the dentist when I was busted a wisdom tooth about 2 1/2 years ago. Luckily it hasn't started to hurt yet.
24th October 2006 01:38 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Dan wrote:

Ouch! I was afraid I was going to have to go to the dentist when I was busted a wisdom tooth about 2 1/2 years ago. Luckily it hasn't started to hurt yet.

Best of luck. As for me, now, I can only eat smashed fruit and noodles.

It's funny, actually. Maybe the doctor is gonna let me use some sort of laughing gas. It'll be funnier.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)