ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - 27th October 2006
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mountain special on the webradio by me to the world (SC) Return to archive
18th October 2006 11:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Tomorrow / Today (Thursday 18th October 2006) I will be broadcasting on the radio and the web radio a special dedicated to Mountain.

Local radio 90.9 FM México D. F. or for the World via web radio with excellent signal at http://www.ibero909radio.com/ and once you’re there click the link “EN VIVO” and you will get a signal for real player VIVO

Schedule:

• US - ET 14:00
  • UK 19:00
  • Spain and Central Europe 20:00

I will be again with Julia Palacios and Jimena Tangerine live on the cabin at Ibero Radio phone number +52-(55)-5292-5909 call us mofos

As many of you know Mountain is considered one of the best rock trios along with The Jimi Hendrix Experience and Cream, in fact Mountain never was a trio as well but Felix who was Cream producer never wanted to look like an American “Cream” so he first put a bass player to play keyboards and then added an additional guitarist just to fill and make it a four-members band.

There are many links between Mountain and the Rolling Stones starting in 1963, when Mountain was not even in embryonic form.

Between other stuff I’m going to put the only song that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have composed with third-parties especially for a non-stones record. The song is “High Roller” and features Mick Jagger on guitar. The song is credited to Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Leslie West, Corky Laing and Sandra Palmer.

Will talk about special parties with Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, Van Morrison, Grace Slick and others--- the “Driving that train, high on cocaine, Casey Jones is ready, watch your speed” chapter and of course some cool parties with Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts, John Lennon and others in NYC

Between the covers they have played we have Satisfaction (Avalanche 1974), Play With Fire (1974 WB&L Live ‘n’ Kicking), Honky Tonk Women (The Great Fatsby 1976) and Paint it Black (Live Texas 2005) and also they have played many others in shows including excerpts from Can’t you Hear Me Knocking, and some others

Bass players for Leslie West include Felix Pappalardi, Jack Bruce, John Entwistle and Jimi Hendrix itself who played for more than an hour bass with him after a Steve Miller show in NYC

I will broadcast “third degree” live with John Entwistle in 1997, some classics and some rarites from the new "Official Bootleg Series" (who inspired me to do this program)
19th October 2006 12:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Sounds great!!!
Unfortunately I won't be around tomorrow.
19th October 2006 12:08 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Señor Moteles, As I did for the Brian Jones special I will upload the whole show to YouSend it later
19th October 2006 12:24 AM
GotToRollMe Nice going, Voodoo! Great header pic, too!
19th October 2006 07:02 AM
Tom A great band during a very short period, will try to listen
19th October 2006 01:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl In 8 minutes on the air
19th October 2006 01:56 PM
Nellcote "Break a Leg"
19th October 2006 02:34 PM
PartyDoll MEG I wish I could understand what you are saying, Voodoo!!!
I did hear Rocks Off mentioned numerous times though!!

Ahhhhhh well........Good Job!!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
19th October 2006 02:46 PM
axl79 Great Mountain Music, Remember of the old good days ....
GRACIAS!!
Sounds great , more , more, more
19th October 2006 02:51 PM
axl79 Gerardo, play "Satisfaction" from Avalanche LP
19th October 2006 05:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
axl79 wrote:
Gerardo, play "Satisfaction" from Avalanche LP

Couldn't play a song from Flowers of Evil (3rd) and Avalanche (4th) as we spent a lot of time talking about the band. It will be a second part soon.

Julia is very nice and use to plug "Rocks Off" whenever she can but in this case it was not necessary and we lost valuable time for at leat another song. Couldn't play also the jams of Mountain in 1997 with John Entwistle ob bass
19th October 2006 05:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

With Corky Laing of Mountain
© and thanks to Corky Laing
19th October 2006 06:05 PM
mojoman thanx for the info!!!
20th October 2006 10:19 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl you're welcome
20th October 2006 02:09 PM
axl79 Thanks for a pleasant radio talk, voodoo. Please , infrom when you put next show.
21st October 2006 08:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
axl79 wrote:
Thanks for a pleasant radio talk, voodoo. Please , infrom when you put next show.

I will, specially if it's Stones-related like this. I use to be a guest once in a while, I'm not a regular.

Do you understand Spanish?
22nd October 2006 11:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey high rollers... I taped and I'm gonna upload it when soba'
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)