ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals for the R&R Circus - Londonderry Hotel - 8th December 1968
© 1968 The Daily Express Archives with thanks to moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rod And Ronnie To Reform The Faces? Return to archive
October 21st, 2004 04:39 AM
Honky Tonk Man I couldn't find it online, but here I have typed out the column from todays Sun.

ROD GETS FACE-LIFT (Taken from The Suns Bizarre section)

Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood are reforming their wild 1970's band, The Faces. Rod, who still performs their hit Stay With Me, wants to return to rock after recording three American songbook albums of standards.

The Faces grew out of legendary sixtees band The Small Faces and split up in 1975.

Alex

October 21st, 2004 05:08 AM
Jumacfly hi Alex

OMG yes yes yes!!!!it s very exiting !!!! more than Live licks !!
October 21st, 2004 05:12 AM
Zack Too bad Ronnie Lane's deceased. Wonder what that Japanese guy is up to these days. And what about Mac and Kenny Jones? I bet they've got free time.

What with Mick and his soundtrack work, Keith doing these two movies, and this possibility, the Stones' future looks kind of bleak, doesn't it?
October 21st, 2004 05:15 AM
Gazza >Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood are reforming their wild 1970's band, The Faces. Rod, who still performs their hit Stay With Me, wants to return to rock after recording three American songbook albums of standards.

Rod & Ronnie must have been "reforming the Faces" or "making a studio album together" now every year since the two of them did that "Unplugged" show in 1993.

They never get around to it. I think someone should mention to Rod that despite all those euphoria, Ronald will be resuming his day job, for a lengthy period too, with a certain little known London beat combo at some point within the next couple of months
October 21st, 2004 05:18 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zack wrote:
Too bad Ronnie Lane's deceased. Wonder what that Japanese guy is up to these days. And what about Mac and Kenny Jones? I bet they've got free time.

What with Mick and his soundtrack work, Keith doing these two movies, and this possibility, the Stones' future looks kind of bleak, doesn't it?

yeah - Charlie's healthy again and Mick has confirmed that he and Keith have been writing songs and will be starting work on a new album before the end of the year with a tour to follow in 2005. How bad can it get?
October 21st, 2004 05:50 AM
Zack
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yeah - Charlie's healthy again and Mick has confirmed that he and Keith have been writing songs and will be starting work on a new album before the end of the year with a tour to follow in 2005. How bad can it get?

I want a good new album as much as anyone. But when Mick made that announcement at the Alfie press conference it was not principally make a Stones announcement. A cynic might say he was just deflecting any "STONES FINISHED?" headlines from the tabloids if he didn't say something positive about the band's future. I for one hope it's absolutely true, that Charlie stays healthy, that Ronnie keeps his skills intact, and that Keith's swollen fingers aren't an issue. I also am confident, unlike some, that they do have another good album in them, despite the lack of a truly great track out of the four Licks tunes. I loved Bridges, and would be ecstatic with another album of that caliber.

October 21st, 2004 01:39 PM
gotdablouse Opportunity knocking for Ronnie ?! Would these two consider taking Chuckster for the ride as well? Wonder how all this would play out if the money wasn't so "big" these days ;-)
October 21st, 2004 02:08 PM
Hannalee
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Opportunity knocking for Ronnie ?! Would these two consider taking Chuckster for the ride as well? Wonder how all this would play out if the money wasn't so "big" these days ;-)

Mac or Chuck? That's a hard one....
October 21st, 2004 05:05 PM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:
They never get around to it. I think someone should mention to Rod that despite all those euphoria, Ronald will be resuming his day job, for a lengthy period too, with a certain little known London beat combo at some point within the next couple of months

Well, I for one would hope that somebody flips a damn coin real soon and gets Ronald working with EITHER of his play-groups.

Recess is over...time to start crackin' down on SOMETHING.
(I'll take anything at this point, dammit!)
October 21st, 2004 05:14 PM
nankerphelge Agreed -- this doldrums crap is for the birds -- we need some Stones dammit!!
October 21st, 2004 06:35 PM
J.J.Flash Give 'em Fuck Leavell and let's get Ian MacLagan for us......
October 21st, 2004 06:38 PM
J.J.Flash Hey Alex, where have you been mate? Good to see you among us again.
October 21st, 2004 06:40 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think someone should mention to Rod that despite all those euphoria, Ronald will be resuming his day job, for a lengthy period too, with a certain little known London beat combo at some point within the next couple of months

LOL!
October 21st, 2004 07:33 PM
glencar The Faces were better than I ever realized. Even Rod could rock it up back then. Has anyone bought or admitted to buying his "standards" CD's?
October 21st, 2004 10:48 PM
Soldatti Josh will be happy with this information...
October 21st, 2004 11:23 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Why not a Stones/Faces tour in the future? That way Ronnie and Mac can pull double duty!
October 22nd, 2004 11:47 AM
parmeda
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Faces were better than I ever realized. Even Rod could rock it up back then. Has anyone bought or admitted to buying his "standards" CD's?

Okay, I'll admit it.
I like Rod. Always have.

Have you caught his act recently, glenny?
The guy still "has it".
October 22nd, 2004 11:57 AM
T&A I happily admit to buying the Stewart Standards discs - wonderful stuff. I'm a huge standards fan, anyway - nobody's written any better songs than these, IMO. Sinatra, Bennett, Chet Baker - for folks who don't understand or appreciate this classic era of music - I suggest you start somewhere with an open mind/ear. Obviously, Keith's a big fan (nearness of you, being just one example). Stewart's take on these tunes is fabulous. What a voice!
October 22nd, 2004 12:00 PM
Monkeytonkman If the faces get back together, do you reckon the roadies will still be handing out free booze to the crowd before the gig? That would rule!
October 22nd, 2004 12:02 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Faces were better than I ever realized. Even Rod could rock it up back then. Has anyone bought or admitted to buying his "standards" CD's?

Hi Glencar

I ve bought a best of the Rod and the Faces, it s great to begin with them...they really rocked!!

highlights, IMHo:

pool hall richard
stay with me
maggy may
you wear it well
sweet little rock n roller
twistin the night away