ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals for the R&R Circus - Londonderry Hotel - 8th December 1968
© 1968 The Daily Express Archives with thanks to moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: keith miller dead and buried (ssc) Return to archive
October 20th, 2004 08:34 PM
stonedinaustralia perhaps one of the greatest cricketers ever and certainly one the greatest australian cricketers ever died last week

i put some stones content in the title as i'm sure, as avid cricket followers, both mick and charlie would be aware of the news and saddened by it

indeed, i suspect that if mick has been a life long fan of the game then miller would have been one of his "heroes" playing as he did through the '50s when mick was but a lad

keith (richards) would also perhaps be aware of him (i don't know how much of a cricket fan keith is - seems like he's more of a tennis enthusiast)as miller was not only a Test cricketer but also flew fighter planes over nazi germany during WWII

miller was a "rock and roll" type before they were invented - with an irreverant attitude to authority and an "errol flynn" (another great australian) type approach to life