ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals for the R&R Circus - Londonderry Hotel - 8th December 1968
© 1968 The Daily Express Archives with thanks to moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is Neil Young 80 years old? Return to archive
October 19th, 2004 03:19 PM
GimmeExile What's up with this photograph of Neil Young at this year's Farm Aid?

October 19th, 2004 03:21 PM
jb That's very sad to see how lke Keith, he has deteriorated ....
October 19th, 2004 03:33 PM
F505 even bob dylan looks young in comparison with neil young (what's in a name)
October 19th, 2004 03:38 PM
kath bad shot!!! jeez, everybody has pictures taken of them they'd rather see burned.....

neil's lived a tough life...but he looks like henry blake just before the crash there...

bad shot. no fair!!!
October 19th, 2004 04:08 PM
Mr. D Geez i hope that's only a bad shot...Neil looks godawful there. Even so, some dyed hair will make him look plenty younger. The bottom line in whether he looks 80, 40, or 20, he's still the man and always will be.
October 19th, 2004 04:25 PM
Martha What do you want him to look like? He's in his 60's. Look around at other people his age.

He looks good to me. I hope I get to see him in concert soon. :-)
October 19th, 2004 04:32 PM
kath looks like bob hope on a really bad acid trip.....
October 19th, 2004 04:53 PM
jb
quote:
Martha wrote:
What do you want him to look like? He's in his 60's. Look around at other people his age.

He looks good to me. I hope I get to see him in concert soon. :-)

Happy Birthday again Martha!!!! Neil looks really good!!!(That's Neil Diamond).
October 19th, 2004 07:10 PM
Lazy Bones I see a guy who's bundled up playing an outdoor show in Washington on a cold September night to help raise money for struggling family farmers.

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
October 19th, 2004 07:36 PM
sammy davis jr. He looks fine to me....
October 19th, 2004 08:18 PM
corgi37 It looks like the thing around his shoulders is a Jewish thing. Looks like Hebrew writing or something.
October 19th, 2004 10:05 PM
Soldatti Very bad pic...
October 20th, 2004 01:11 AM
Dan Whats even worse is how bad the other guys from Crazy Horse look after having to play Greendale for a whole year.
October 20th, 2004 02:00 AM
Madafaka He doesn't look so "young"
October 20th, 2004 03:25 AM
Prodigal Son Not a flattering pic, but he doesn't look as deteriorated as Keith anyway. Watching the Greendale DVD at the St. Vicar club in Dublin, he looks fine. Lots of grey but he's not ashamed and doesn't dye it like macca... or our beloved Keith. Okay, Mick does it but only because the hair helps him stay even more youthful-looking for sure. Neil is not a chain-smoking, drinking, former drug addict like Keef but he has had some rought times with childhood polio, a bad back problem in the early 70s, and epilepsy. So let's see how aged you look when you reach his age. BTW, he's not in his 60s if that makes him seem even more aged to anyone. He turns 59 on November 12. He's beginning to resemble his dad, Scott, a sportswriting literary icon up here in Canada (he's retired though) if Scott had long hair and big sideburns.

And shockingly, a silly Greatest Canadians list done by our national broadcaster had Neil Young get enough votes to wind up #14 behind Stompin' Tom Connors (never heard of him? well, yeah I don't blame you he's just a hokey canadian country-folkster with some gimmicky songs that everyone likes and people are pretty stupid sometimes in their voting). At least he was ahead of Shania Twain, Celine Dion, Avril Lavigne and Gordon Lightfoot (where's Loverboy, damnit!).

No matter how old he looks, he's still the man in my books. Right up there with Mick, Keith, Townshend, Dylan, Van and Lennon in my list of rock gods.
October 20th, 2004 11:23 AM
Martha BTW, he's not in his 60s if that makes him seem even more aged to anyone. He turns 59 on November 12.

Thank you for correcting me about Neil's age Prodigal Son. I wasn't sure if he had made it to 60 quite yet, but thought he was getting close.

One of the things I really love and admire about Neil is he is totally unconcerned with "looks". I find that refreshing especially in this day and age. Neil puts his energy in to his art and his values not his image. I have a great respect for anyone who does that. Go Neil!

Neil Diamond, who is into his 60's I believe, still makes all the women swoon jb. We caught his concert a couple of years ago ( his music is a part of our childhood/youth). That Neil makes certain to look good and his voice is as strong as ever. i
October 20th, 2004 07:28 PM
sammy davis jr. Neil Diamond's a hack.....
October 20th, 2004 11:20 PM
corgi37 He is a hack. Only good thing about him is his Aussie bitch. But, anyway, only 6 days to go!!!!!!

Hillary Duff at Rod Laver Arena!