ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals for the R&R Circus - Londonderry Hotel - 8th December 1968
© 1968 The Daily Express Archives with thanks to moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why did M. Taylor quit the band?????? put your theory!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 18th, 2004 02:22 PM
gustavobala well, you may talked here, but i don't lol

what you think about???

1- he didn't want finished like Brian Jones(drugs problem)
2- musical disagreement with Keith Richards
3- tired the 'stones's world'
4- he was sick(Ronnie says in his book)
5- everything above

Did M.T. talked about this in interview???

October 18th, 2004 02:30 PM
glencar #3.
October 18th, 2004 02:35 PM
Joey

<------ He was " Caked " ( see : Lambchop )
October 18th, 2004 02:41 PM
glencar Nah, that was years later!
October 18th, 2004 02:50 PM
glencar A big penis came out of your ass?
October 18th, 2004 02:52 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
A big penis came out of your ass?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 18th, 2004 02:53 PM
glencar Mick Taylor is planning on touring Sweden with some little-known blues band. The mighty have fallen on very hard times. Perhaps he should have made that sound check last year.
October 18th, 2004 02:55 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Mick Taylor is planning on touring Sweden with some little-known blues band. The mighty have fallen on very hard times. Perhaps he should have made that sound check last year.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 18th, 2004 03:57 PM
Madafaka I think #3
October 18th, 2004 04:07 PM
gypsy I don't think that Mick J banging Mick T's wife Rose helped much either.
October 18th, 2004 04:19 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I don't think that Mick J banging Mick T's wife Rose helped much either.

I like the way you express things....
October 18th, 2004 04:38 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I don't think that Mick J banging Mick T's wife Rose helped much either.

I like the way you express things ...
October 18th, 2004 04:40 PM
jb http://www.realclearpolitics.com/bush_vs_kerry.html

October 18th, 2004 04:59 PM
gustavobala hey, this page is for M.Taylor, not bush and kerry...
October 18th, 2004 05:06 PM
gustavobala
quote:
jb wrote:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/bush_vs_kerry.html

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 18th, 2004 05:26 PM
kath so josh would have something to bitch and moan about endlessly...it was all planned ahead of time.

SURPRISE JOSH!!!

i think it worked very well......
October 18th, 2004 05:34 PM
Gazza #1 and #3
October 18th, 2004 06:51 PM
gypsy Mick T was interviewed last year in one of the numerous magazines I have. He said he was tired of the lifestyle, but mainly he was getting ripped off regarding contributions to songs, etc...Which, as much as I love our Stones, I think they have ripped too many people off--Gram Parsons, Ry Cooder, Marianne Faithfull, etc...
October 18th, 2004 07:33 PM
glencar Keith in an interview said Mick T never complained about royalties until several years after he left the band. Taylor is the biggest whiny baby to ever have been in the band.
October 18th, 2004 07:33 PM
kath they are legendarily bad sports when it comes to cash...although they did give kd laing some bucks....it would have been a hard rap to beat!!
October 18th, 2004 08:29 PM
gypsy I don't see Keith being greedy--monetarily, but I do see him as ripping off people musically. Now, Mick Jagger, that is one man who is driven by money. In fact, some say he's almost as bad as Josh.
October 18th, 2004 09:06 PM
beer I heard Taylor was pissed that they used two songs that he played on (Waitin on a friend, and Tops) on Tattoo you. But gave him no credit.

but way before then, he felt he deserved co writing credits on Moonlight Mile, 'Til the next goodbye, Sway, CYHMK, Winter, and a couple others i think. i guess there were times when Jagger and Taylor wrote and composed the actual music,but it would be credited to Jagger/Richards, even when Keith had nothing to do with the song.

Whatever the reason, Taylor was absolutely justified to walk away when he did. IMO. the monetary difference between being a band member, and being a member that gets songwriting royalies, is fuckin huge.
October 18th, 2004 10:09 PM
Soldatti #5
October 18th, 2004 10:30 PM
gypsy You can't forget that Ronnie did not receive credit for IORR--when Keith had nothing to do with it. That's completely unfair. Ronnie is a good sport--how long was he with the band until he was finally an "official member?" 15 years? That's bullshit. But, hey, I'd do it free just to be a STONE.
October 18th, 2004 11:03 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox CYHMK is all mick n keef, taylor just soloed......i believe that keith actually wrote the acoustic part to moonlight mile although he did not play on it. his original demo was titled something like "japanese thing." not to say that taylor didnt get ripped off elsewhere.
as far as ronnie goes, the glimmer twins were kind enough to include an "inspired by ron wood" tag for hey negrita. you dont get paid for that of course.
October 18th, 2004 11:27 PM
gypsy Do you think Jagger ever banged Jo Wood? I bet he at least tried.
October 18th, 2004 11:38 PM
sammy davis jr. Taylor got screwed by the Glimmer Twins (more like the Goldstein twins), but he didn't have the gumption to stick it out for possible inclusion into the writing credits down the road. Plus being a coke-head didn't help. Nowdays, however, I think David Cassidy could write a song on par with Keith and Mick.
October 18th, 2004 11:49 PM
Trey Krimsin I'd say number 5.
October 19th, 2004 12:41 AM
gypsy Oddly, I think a #5 is Mick T's favorite at every fast-food joint!
October 19th, 2004 12:41 AM
kath yup. everything that ever happened to him made him leave the band when he did. and so he did.

woody didn't get much acknowledgement for quite a while, much like darryl jones is going through now. sadly, he won't get the decades to win the people over.

mick left. woody appeared (although i really would have loved to have seen ry cooder in there)and here we are in 2004 talking about an upcoming tour!! hallelujah!!!
Page: 1 2